Boxes and Buckets, A TPC: 1.3 [20th June]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Boxes and Buckets, A TPC: 1.3 [20th June]

Post by Sam »

Hello! Guess who's jumping on the Trailer Park band wagon!

It looked like a lot of fun, and who am I to say no to fun? You'll find the rules, by Fuzzy, here if you're interested. There should also be a complete lack of plot in this challenge, because I'm after some light-hearted fun!

Generation One
1.1: One Man & His Trailer
1.2: We Can't Afford That!
1.3: How Does Your Family Grow? *new*
Last edited by Sam on June 20th, 2015, 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
shannonagins
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Boxes and Buckets, A TPC: 1.1 [15th June]

Post by shannonagins »

Welcome to the Trailer Park Challenge club!! It's a fun little club isn't it?
Spoiler:
Love little Phil's features he ended with, def Stanford's kid.
The interesting nose club looks like an interesting club to be in btw.
Can't wait to read more!
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

We're becoming quite the caravan aren't we?
Spoiler:
Interesting genetics indeed. What are your sims' aspirations and LTWs btw? I haven't figured out yet how to make Try for Baby autonomous with ACR >.< The naming theme is interesting, what with Stabbed-in-jail and Mary-not-quite-right (please tell me you're including them) This was a hoot, just like your other Sims 2 challenges. Please update soon :D
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Shan:
Spoiler:
Stanford has some very dominant features, it seems!
I love the Interesting Nose Club. Hopefully they'll appear again later!
Radiochocolate:
Spoiler:
You mean I forgot to list his aspiration? :duh: He's a Knowledge sim, with an unattainable career LTW. Meadow's a Family sim with the want of marrying off 6 kids, I think. With ACR, spawn the adjuster and have a look under global overrides - I had to turn on "unmarried try for baby" because it's switched off by default. I am DEFINITELY including those :D So far I've had "Birthday" and "Minimum Wade" come up! Glad you enjoyed it, I already have the pictures sorted for another update, it's just getting round to writing it!
Thanks for your comments, guys!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

Yay! Another TPC to read. :bounce:
Spoiler:
OMGoodness- the poor Sims. =[
No bed but the have a puppy- that's now a dog. :rofl:
Keep it up~ it was a fun read. :thup:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Boxes and Buckets, A TPC: 1.2 [16th June]

Post by Sam »

Becca:
Spoiler:
It's a little bit chaotic!
Who needs a bed when they have a dog, right?
Glad you enjoyed it! :)

BUMP for an UPDATE!
shannonagins
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by shannonagins »

Yay! An update!!
Spoiler:
As much as I am tempted to make illegitimate babies happen, I'm wayy chicken right now. Maybe if I can find a mod that lets me get more than 20 sims in a house at a time lol. I love how Bruce is in his undies dancing with the kids, who are total cuties btw. I can't wait to see how Lauren looks when she gets older. Poor Birthday and Phil, not having beds. I felt so bad about not having enough beds for my kids...
Great chapter!!
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
"I wish we had a TV so I don't have to watch you instead." THIS. I JUST. WOW. *ehm* Birthday's birthday. Teehee. What if the kids are dancing with Bruce because they know what's going on? Trying not to self-plug but it feels really weird talking about Bruce since that's the name for my trailer spouse. Thanks for telling me your ACR secret, now I can join the complaints club :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Not sure if you could buy a dog or if it had to be adopt strays only...my TPC died before then.
Spoiler:
Nice, how dare you steal my real name for the third kid!! 0_0! Ah well, anywho nice chappies.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Have an update!

I will come back to your comments, but right now I need to get sorted for work! :wave:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Boxes and Buckets, A TPC: 1.3 [20th June]

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
Congrats on the job!
Am I seeing things or is Meadow's nose red? Oh, ACR <3 I think Lauren's pretty cute too :3 Mary's one of my favorite Simpsons characters. Let's hope she grows up as pretty as her namesake! I made the same mistake with Buffy in my game. Let's hope you get some luck with the dogs further on!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I've really got to start keeping up with these challenges, so I can comment one chapter at a time.
Spoiler:
OMG, the Interesting Nose Club! LOL!

Ouch! Of all things to lose! Also, it's weird seeing the police officer doing the repo work.

Oh, NOOOO! An ACR pregnancy when you're broke. Well, at least you're guaranteed a promotion/raise and bonus tomorrow.

The newspaper delivery kids sure do get a lot of eyefuls, don't they?

The arch isn't required. You can "rent" it, if you want, or buy it for permanent, never to be sold again. But I don't think it's required.

Timing like that is but one of the reasons I never worry about points. Also, it's too complex for my brain to keep track of rules AND points. I just worry about rules. Pity, though, since you were going for the points. Better luck next generation.

Cletus, I mean Phil, is so cute! Meadow has excellent genes.

Good thing babies don't care about cribs. Toddlers, though... Watch out, or you'll have a baby-battle with the dog over that dog bed.

LOL! " It's like he KNEW or something."

WHOA! Those eyes! Phil is definitely his father's son.

Oh, yes, toddlers ARE affected by temperature. I've had more warnings about toddlers freezing in the doghouse... Anyway, good luck getting that crib.

LOL! Who needs sleep?

"I had a nightmare someone posted pictures of my plumbbob on the internet!" LOL!

"The birth of Birthday marks Phil's child birthday." Fantastic timing, that.

Ooooh, an autonomous cleaner! Lucky, lucky you! It's all within the rules for kids to clean, if it's autonomous. Maybe he'll be an autonomous baby-changer, too, when he's a teen. With that ACR, looks like you'll need one.

I love smustle faces.

I think aspiration points are allowed. I know I sure use them. I'd have failed the challenge in the first chapter, otherwise.

Birthday's cute!

Birthday's birthday... It's a sim thing. You can never have just one. It's like potato chips. Once you open the birthday bag, you know you're gonna have a handful.

"He waited til she napped in the recliner before he got down." Oh, that little sneak!

"Kids don't understand drama, and so they're dancing with the man who might have ruined their parents marriage." Well, they can't resist the smustle. Also, I think the date, itself, counts as cheating, even if you don't do any romantic interactions, at all.

WHERE did those neat points come from? Seriously? There's no denying her parentage. Must be from a grandparent, or something.

0.o You can sell half-eaten birthday cakes? AWESOME! Congrats on the successful yard sale.

Oh, Phil grew up into a tidy gentleman, didn't he? Nice aging outfit. Not in keeping with TPC, but he's always been an autonomous cleaner, so, it's in character. I love it when the sims have real characters.

Speaking of which... HAHAHAH! Don't bother to stop the tub from spraying all over. Just keep cleaning that dirty water off the tub. LOL.

Poor Lauren, stuck in toddler prison like that. For what? What horrible crime did she commit? Poor little girl. Sniff!

Well, couples fishing is a way to boost their relationship, so maybe he has a point.

I really like Phil.

As if they don't have enough trouble, now they have to deal with complaining customers, when they're not even open? It ain't fair!

Did she grow up IN the puddles? She is cute.

Phil could probably get a cleaning scholarship, if that keeps up. Pity he's not going to college.

Buffy is probably saving the dog house for a toddler to use.

Oh, I hope the muffins sell as well as half-eaten birthday cakes.

Oh, man, he slept through the birth, and it's twins! Yikes!

You know, further pregnancies ARE allowed, if you still want that illegitimate baby point.

I hope kibble of life is allowed, because I intend to use it. Maybe by the fourth generation, I'll have house-broken those dogs. I've done similar with dogs. I remember finally, FINALLY being able to adopt a dog to lift an apocalypse restriction, only to find out that it was an elder dog, and elder pets can't get pet jobs. Arrgh! They need to come with visible gray hair.

Wow, Birthday really is a looker!

Hehehe. Birthday's birthday thing again.

Cute toddlers, of course. Where did all those neat points come from?
I really enjoyed reading this. Sorry it took so long to get to it. It's nice to get away from plot for a bit, and just let the game lead you, isn't it?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

Woot! Update. :D
Spoiler:
Aw- the kids are adorable.

LoL~ The picture of the dogs that can't breed, "What?" - Good one. XD

Yay for Teens!