The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/31)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (1/16/

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 5 comments:
Spoiler:
Oh, poor Adrianna. I worry for her, so. All this pressure to have a son, and the feeling that daughters are worthless. It reminds me of "The Good Earth," where sons were considered children, and daughters were considered "slaves." Literally. "Oh, the baby died, but she was only a slave, so no biggie." Ugh. Fingers crossed!

I rather hope that Fran marries Erec Roth. That would help put them all on a better footing.

The royal wedding was lovely, and I hope Thorin chose a good match for his sister.

Yaaay, Isabella. I love her, and I hope she finds a stash of Elixir of Life, to last a lot longer. What would Avonlea do without her? Who would break that fourth wall?

Gardiner, too, I like very much.
I sometimes get confused about the characters, and who is who, but I enjoy the writing style. The letter format makes me feel like I'm part of a conversation, even if I'm only getting one side of it. I know all the information is there, on the other side, and maybe someday, I'll get that, too. In the meantime, it's all quite fascinating.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Did I miss this? Oh well five days late is still fine I guess.
Spoiler:
I'll admit, I forgot who everyone was I may have to go back and reread everything again. I lost my RKC again...damn laptop and since it has the same problem as importing my old Duality hoods, I'm not going to do it again. Not going to rename all those character and lot files to match the new neighbourhood number on my desktop. Anywho, nice to see at least one of still has a working RKC. :thup:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Yeah I feel for Adrianna too. Love her really. But to be fair to Edward he's not that bad really. She's just worried he is....considering what she's been through I can't say I wouldn't be stressing out too.
As for Erec and Fran...yeah well....I hope they do too.
The royal wedding was fun to play. Even if it did cause a lot of lag and take forever because of it. LOL
I love Isabella too and *cough* well her son is a wizard surely we can keep her around for a good long while yet. Who care if it's "legal"?
Of course Gardner is....he's Isabella's. And his kids....*just wait* dies
Yeah I've started writing a chapter as soon as I finished playing a rotation now. Otherwise I end up confused too....like why did I take this pic? And I realized I'll probably go back to one house per chapter rotation soon especially for certain people.....

Ani:
Spoiler:
I sad you lost your RKC again. I really loved it too. Glad you are still enjoying this one. I too need to put this one on the good desktop, but I don't want to lose Gardiner's warlockiness so I'll try to wait a generation....ugh I just hate switching at all...
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Yay I finally caught up on Avonlea. I read it over a couple days, I'm having a little trouble keeping track of who's who. I love all the period CC even the townies are dressed up. Isabella has such a generous heart, I hope to be like her own day. She's like the woman who secretly runs the show in the background, but is so quiet about it that no one knows it's her in charge of things. :eek: I have a cameo! Aww! Thank you! Can't wait to read more!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
I've decided to going back to one house per chapter. Well once we get to round 2 of this generation anyway. Hopefully it will help everyone keep track of who's who. Cause gosh there are a lot of people. And this only generation two. LOL
So happy everyone loves Isabella, cause I sure do. You are totally right. She secretly runs the entire land just nobody realizes it. I swear she's best friends with EVERYONE. *giggle*
I was surprised when you got dropped out of the well for Bedwyr. I'd totally forgotten I'd added your personage to the hood. Glad you are't too bothered.
And yeah I just had to dress the townies up too. Thank goodness for Adrianna's clothing store.
We think alike. I have an update written too, but yeah also waiting for February to post it. :party2:
Thanks for reading Pony!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (2/8/1

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Chapter 6 is posted.
Not sure if I'm 100% happy, but it's as close as I'm gonna get I think.
Yeah after the next chapter I'm definitely going back to one family per chapter....I think.

Ahem anyway. Enjoy guys!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice to see another update buddy this week! So how would a cross-over work between Arkadia and Avonlea? I do like the idea of merging but I haven't gotten that far into my first week rotations, still need a lot of prep before the BC. And I have to find five more ladies, I have two so far...lots of time to look I suppose. Anyway, a vacation hmm? Sounds interesting, I never remember if I can use the BV vacations in an RKC or not. Too many rules in my head. :dizzy:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Being update buddies is fun!
Yeah I'm not that far into my second generation either.
Well I took him on a vacation to Takiemizu, cause it seemed the most old world but then nothing really happened so it just got a basic mention. LOL
Hmmm perhaps Lord Roth hears about the kingdom during his travel or stumbles across it on the way home..storm blew him off course or something?
He brings word back to Thorin and he realized the young king of a newly founded kingdom is in need of a bride sees an opportunity for political marriage and sends Eowyn out that way.
If she wins I could still say she pops in back home from time to time..and since I have no real plans to marry her off in my game it won't really be an issue.
And even if she loses, she could perhaps still be sent as an envoy to the kingdom to keep good relations up and all that...and still split her time between both our games....does that make sense?
Truth is I could also do something similar with Paulina if you chose to give her a go too...again no real plans to marry her in my game.

And if they end up with spare kids in your game I could always import those to my world for some fresh blood. Heheheheheh
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Might have to be an Interlude or something, like I don't know they start on your end and finish on mine. I dunno, just tossing random ideas out there. I am a pantser planner so yeah...but I have to finish seven other houses first before I can start planning on that.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Yeah, we'll work something out I'm sure.
I've got to get through 2 more houses before I get back to my royal house for another chapter.
Maybe we'll be a bit closer to knowing what we're doing. You play faster than me after all LOL.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, drama!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm a bit confuzzled about who is who. Nimue is obvious. Geez, who put a rat in her coffee? She's such a stick-in-the-mud. I feel sorry for her daughters-in-law, and really hope "that barren Monty girl" gives birth to a son! Just to spite the woman.

I'm liking all these marriages, though, and Pony's in there, too! Cool!
As for sending RKC folk to a vacation destination, you do know you can build your own vacation neighborhoods, right? You do have to set them as Asian, Mountain, or Island, and they'll have the appropriate NPCs and such. And you'll have to build all the lots to fit your decorating theme, including the secret lots. It's a pain, but it can be done. And you might have to do some global replacements for the NPCs to have proper clothes, or just accept that the locals are going to dress differently. Hotel staff and tour guides would be the biggest issue, I suppose, as well as tourists. I know there are mods for replacement clothes for them, at least. So, yeah, if you want to build medieval lots, but with a Takemizu flavor, and the locals dressed in Asian style, and the tourists/tour guide/hotel staff using replacement outfits... It could be quite nice, indeed. Is it worth the trouble? That's up to you to decide. I would suggest play-testing in an alternate neighborhood, to make sure your hotel lots, in particular, are fully functional. Check out ModtheSims.com for NPC replacement mods for that.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Hehe I like Nimue, she's a dragon lady like my grandma, no one dare cross her. Maybe that's why SimPony is good at humoring her. Everyone's getting married, aww, I hope Fran has a son. Aww poor Allyn, I hope something could be figured out to help her. Your sims are lovely, I love the period clothing. It makes everyone look so regal and dashing. Good luck with your Mac!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Pony:
Spoiler:
Yeah, there's something to be said for dragon ladies. I re-read Gone With the Wind recently, and had to admit that when Granny Fontaine said, "You may kiss me" to Scarlet, that I just about squeeed.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (2/15)

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Yeah Nimue is a real pain sometimes. Caius is just so sweet in comparison. I guess he makes up for her? It's been fun marrying everyone off.
I got really happy when Bedwyr got Pony from the well. I couldn't help but marry her in.
And I gave the Roth's too many children. LOL.
Then dang it all if I didn't marry all six of them and then Caius glitched and rolled a different LTW. So yeah he's not permaplat. *slams head on desk*
Yeah I know you can build your own vacation places just not sure if I'm up for that...Meh we'll see I guess
Pony:
Spoiler:
Perhaps that is why. And I guess Nimue's not the worst sim I've ever played.
*cough* Favian *cough*
But sometimes it's like come on Nimue smile or go give your grandkids a hug. Geez. LOL

And Update!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I really need to reread this again...anyway, I see I am not the only one who builds with hills. That castle looks ominous...I can't imagine what it would be like in a real heavy storm. Freaky...0_0

Anyway, I just spent the entire day trying to get my last pictures ready for my Apocalypse so lacking comment is lacking.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Well you've never seen the Evidan family before this round. Anabel was friends with Adrianna when she was a child, but I didn't get any pics. But I really liked her so I just added her in or this generation. It'll help with variety down the line. *shrug*
Yeah living on a hill like that would be freaky.
Thanks for stopping in!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (2/20

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I did read the other one, I don't think I commented...or did I? Anyway, I saw the mentions in there thanks. Also I forgot where the aliens came from...my bad. Also since you haven't read the bachelor challenge part two yet I won't get into further details here. Nice to see another Magi around too.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (2/20

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
No you commented on the last one too. I can always count on you to leave a comment for my stories. *hugs*
I love Gardienr and yeah it's totally fun to have a Magi around.
It was fun to mention Arkadia...thanks for including my princess!
Like I said in your challenge I'm happy Eowyn had that chance...really she needed to branch out a bit.
And I almost died laughing when Travel was her shared interest with Nemo. Like no duh. :rotfl:
Thanks for stopping in!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”