Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC

Post by Keika »

Welcome all to Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC! This is my first attempt ever at this challenge, so let's see how it goes, huh?

You could probably consider this challenge as a sequel to the White Legacy, since the founder here is my tenth generation heiress there, and also I've introduced a fair number of my old sims as townies into the neighborhood. However, you do not have to have read the legacy to understand the WYDC, so feel free to completely ignore it if you want.

Interested in the SC4 terrain used in this challenge? Download it here.

Wynter Wonderland was highlighted as a featured story on December 7, 2014. You can read about that here!

Who Begat Who?
Fair warning: spoilers are inherent.
Spoiler:
Abigail: Sidney Hunter (Aries)
Bryan: Victor Lear (Green Eyes)
Cid: Spencer Cooper (Elder)
Donovan: Genie Midlock (Genie)
Eric: Ghost Pirate Captain Edward Dregg (Pirate Ghost)
Fiona: Dan Bigfoot (Bigfoot)
Garrett: Corbin Gray (Vacation Native)
Hazel: Larch Vetinari [DocNerd's "The Vetinari Dualegacy"] (Dark Blue Eyes)
Ivan: Thai Simself (Simself)
Jace: Hex Wrightway [Sam's "The Wrongway Legacy"] (Pointed Ears)
Kale: Bruges Wallace [Jessie's "The Night Legacy"] (Libra)
Levi: Rhys Fitzhugh [Marina's "The Fitzhugh Legacy"] (Red Hair)
Maximilian: Alan Whitley (Witch)
Nina: Unsavory Charlatan (Unsavory Charlatan)
Owen: Landon Deiryme Kinsey (Founder's Husband)
Phillip: Perseus Reed [Ani-Mei's "The Quest for Peace"] (Vampire)
Quinn: Birth Queen #13
Ruth: Human Statue (Mannequin)
Sofia: Santa Klaus (Santa Claus or Father New Year)
Therese: Grim Reaper (Grim Reaper)
Ubert, Undine, and Uriel: Zane Devereaux [peasant007's "The Devereaux Legacy"] (Cancer)
Valene: Jeffrey Young (Headmaster)
Westlyn: Max Atwood (Service (Maid))
Xantha: Herbert Lydeard (Gray Eyes)
Yates: Andrew Owens (Brown Hair)
Zarina: Corey Lovelace (Gray Hair)
Chapter List

Chapter One: The Game Is Trolling Me
Chapter Two: Free Babysitting
Chapter Three: Panda Pajamas
Chapter Four: Congratulations. You Did It.
Chapter Five: Nature's Perfume
Chapter Six: No Remorse
Chapter Seven: The Incredible Hunk
Chapter Eight: Dagnabbit
Chapter Nine: Because Points!
Chapter Ten: I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
Chapter Eleven: The Face of Pure Evil
Chapter Twelve: She'd Rather Be Eating Your Soul
Chapter Thirteen: All Hail The Ghost Fire
Chapter Fourteen: Science Has Been Done
Last edited by Keika on February 1st, 2016, 1:59 am, edited 20 times in total.
IchigoMcCoy

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter One - 10/5/14

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Yay! New challenge!
Spoiler:
Wynn's not taking the challenge founder thing too well, is she? I guess that's what happens when you take the last heir of a legacy and make them a founder! Imagine if at been an Alphabetacy.

It's great to see so many familiar faces! It was cool to see Ella and Seraphine, but Arc...not so much. I hope to see one of my three soon!

Aw, Abby and Bryan are adorable! I hope I can keep up with all the fathers!

Not much I can say now, but good luck with this! It seems like a fun, simple challenge (though, so many toddlers X_X). Hope you and Wynn can deal with so many kids!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Loving it already!
Spoiler:
Wynn is a hilarious challenge founder, haha! Poor girl, used to all that riches. Well, that's what you get for wanting a lot of babies! I don't think I've ever read a WYDC (at least, not for more than one or two chapters), so this is going to be interesting!
Abby is really pretty! You're right, she does seem to be the best combination possible between her parents. Bryan is a cutie too, but that's not much of a surprise with a face one daddy. :)
Can't wait to read more!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:D
Spoiler:
A complete change of scenery for a 10th heir! Also, I love her little house, you're so good at building. I really like the town square, too. And the rest of town, actually. Do you have any plans to share the terrain?

Wow, Abigail turned out to be a good mix of her parents!

Hi Maddie! And Sim!Sam! Also Spider stealing the paper constantly :lol:

Um, when you say you deleted all the characters, did you use the "deleteAllCharacters" cheat? Because that borks up your neighbourhood, if I remember rightly.
Great chapter, looking forward to more!
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

:wave:
Spoiler:
Talk about a change of scenery for an heiress eh? Seriously, your lots are always so pretty!! Careful with your game though and back up regularly. Abby is definitely a great mix of her parents and she's such a productive little squirt. Her brother's a cutie so far too! Keep it up!
Great job!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks guys! I worried a little bit on how much readership I would lose switching to a new challenge! Thanks for making the move with me! :hug:

I've had many comments on this, so I'll just say it here. I knew when I ran the "delete all characters" that it was likely it would bork up my game. I just didn't want to go to the lengths to clean the template properly, and I've extensively played neighborhoods before that I "deleted all characters" in without any problems, so I decided to give it a shot. Yes, I am indeed lazy. :P

Jessie:
Spoiler:
No, poor girl. It tends to happen when one grows up in the lap of luxury and suddenly gets dropped onto an empty lot. :roll: Oh boy, can you imagine how much worse it would've been if it had been an Alphabetacy? :rotfl:

Yeah, I wavered back and forth on sticking him and Merry in the neighborhood, and finally decided to just go for it. :P I haven't seen Barcelona or Bruges yet, but Romi's made an appearance! :D So you can expect to be seeing her cameo in one of the next couple of chapters! ;)

I don't think I can keep up with all the fathers! :haha:

So far it hasn't been too bad, but so far the kids have only come one at a time. We'll see what happens when twins are introduced into the mix! Thanks for the comment!
Anne:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Wynn was only slightly spoiled growing up. :haha: I've really been enjoying playing this WYDC (especially the scavenger hunt aspect to it), but it's so very different from everything else I've ever done in the sims before. This will definitely be interesting!

Abby and Bryan really are super adorable! I was worried introducing Sidney's face template in, since it doesn't look like it would necessarily mesh well with Wynn's, but Abby just turned out gorgeous! :D And of course, Bryan is cute too. But we all knew that would happen. :)

Thanks!
Sam:

;)
Spoiler:
No kidding! I went a little overboard on that little house; she was living with little to no furniture for ages. XD I'd be more than willing to upload the terrain if you want, though I have to admit that it is based heavily on the terrain used in Twoflower's Apple Grove Prosperity Challenge. I can't take all the credit for the nice, logical layout. :P

I was so pleased with Abby. :) Pretty much perfect combination, that one.

It's been so much fun having other people's sims running around! I'd heard that Spider was a notorious paper thief, and I can definitely tell you that that rumor is 100% true. :haha:
Thanks, Sam! :)

Faye Silver:

:wave:
Spoiler:
Yeah, poor girl! :haha: Thanks! And I'm definitely making sure to keep those backups current; I don't need to lose it all because I ran a less than awesome cheat. :roll: Abby and Bryan are a delight (though Abby is a much faster skiller). Thanks for the comment, Faye! :D
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

I'd be more than willing to upload the terrain if you want
Yes please! :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So Ani-Mei is all alone there without Sol. Aww... :( I'm waiting for cameos from Percy and Cori too and whoever else you got from my downloads page. Nice start so far though. I will look forward to when you catch up to me. :thup:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

All right, I love watching challenges for points. This is really fun so far!
Spoiler:
The lack of males for Wynn to choose from reminds me: one of my friends did an Apocalypse Adult Start Let's Play, and his founder lifted her restriction three days before she would become infertile, and at first it was kind of funny when no men showed up at the lot, but three days passed without a single male stopping by, and that was it, challenge kaput.
Anyhoo... *checks out the WYDC rules*
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Sam:

Alright, here you go! :)

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
I severed all the romantic relationships between any sims I brought through so that I could marry them into whatever family tree without worrying about old spouses. So even if I had brought Sol through, he and your simself wouldn't be together. :P I've seen Cori roaming around, but not Percy yet! I guess he's keeping a low profile! :haha:

I'm actually much farther than what I've posted here. I decided I wanted to write at least three chapters before I started publishing it, just in case I was going to lose interest and then have a dead challenge hanging around on the internet. In my game, Baby G is now a toddler, and Wynn is pregnant with Baby H. Really we're at right around the same place, but it won't be official until I release everything I've written so far. ;) Actually you can see babies A-E on my header picture here, so... slightly spoilery. ^^
Lorinsv:

I really enjoy scoring and watching other people play for points, too. Except for legacies. That's just a pain. XD
Spoiler:
That's why most people start with male founders, I suspect! :haha: The game KNOWS when you need something. And it won't give it to you. I mean, what are the chances that absolutely no men would pass the lot in three sim days? :shifty:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Two - 10/9/14

Post by Keika »

Updated! :)
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Spoiler:
ROMI! Yay! So good to see her! It's funny that she's thinking about college because, uh, she never went. XD Well, she did, but it was to drop out. I hope she pops up more and I'll be keeping an eye out for my two favorite B's. I want to see what their eyes look like in your game.

Cid does have lovely eyes! He's going to grow into a looker, I can tell. And I think it's interesting you went with the genie for Donovan's father. As much as I love reaper children, they're overdone, especially by me. *shame* I can't wait to see him as he grows up and what other fathers you can tombstone!

Seeing all these different Sims reminds me that I really need to branch out more and read more legacies. I want to see them in their homeworld too!

Vis stealing the paper is actually really funny because he makes an appearance in my next legacy chapter. XD

Teens make the best babysitters. I make a point to have one legacy teen in the house at all times.

Great chapter! Can't wait to see more!
Last edited by IchigoMcCoy on October 9th, 2014, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Yay for MORE babies! And I love the face template of the Ghost Pirate, he should make a cute kid! I knew Genie kids weren't purple but it'll never fail to disappoint me.

You're kinda making me want to play a WYDC, dammit. I'll have to put it on the list!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Apparently the genie's purple-ness is only make up, when my game was having senior moments I could see the genie had S3 and the lounge rat see through blue shirt thing from NL. I never did the headmaster interview with my first four kids, ah well so much for points. :( I have yet to send Whimsy on vacation so I guess that's next on my list of things to do when I load up my game again. Nice update.
Miri

Post by Miri »

WYD challenge huh? Cool
Spoiler:
Looks like you're off to a good start. Nice seeing lots of the legacy crew. Hi Vis! *waves* I love that EVIL alien. :yup:
And oh some of the classic legacy peeps running around as potential DNA donors that's cool.
Nice job getting up to baby D. With E on the way. :)
I kinda miss there being a name theme though.
Oh the sea chantey you just know that will take off soon. :fight:
I haven't really read through the WYD rules very closely, but I'm guessing Death is on this scavenger hunt? Just randomly thinking about him since that'd be another one of those you'd have to cheat pregnancies.
This has been fun. Looking forward to more.
Oh and congrats on finishing your legacy!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Still reading, still enjoying.
Spoiler:
Wynn is doing great, and I like her kids.
Good to know Headmasters are okay with hamburgers.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Spoiler:
Oh dear, poor Abby! Like she said herself, thank plumbbob she's a Family sim! Hopefully Bryan can help her out in the future as well.
I really like all of the kids! This is an amazing challenge, and I am SO tempted to try one myself, haha!
Also, it's so much fun to see all of those simselves and legacy sims walk by! :D
Can't wait for more! Wynn is doing well :)
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

SO I obviously need to catch up/aka finish reading your legacy Keika but Whoo new challenge.
Spoiler:
You are doing well with this. Already up to Baby E.
Also noticed you made a score sheet which looked handy if you were doing one of these.
This has been a fun read, but what no name theme? Outrageous! :rotfl:
I kid. I kid.
And wow Larch..I haven't seen him in FOREVER.
Cool to see some of the really old legacy sims again. They are coming out in great numbers which is cool.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Sorry for late reply. :P I'm feeling a little self-conscious with this challenge--it being my second one instead of my first, and the fact that it is SO much more casual than my legacy, with no plot and not even a naming theme. I feel like you guys might be expecting a certain amount of higher quality that I'm not putting out for this. I'm really enjoying playing and writing it, though, for those very reasons. Besides, I didn't want to try finagling plot when I'm still learning how to play the challenge in the first place! :P

Jessie:
Spoiler:
I FINALLY made a Bruges and Barcelona sighting the other day, which will be featured in a few chapters from now. :awesome: I don't think you'll be at all surprised that they showed up on the lot within a few sim-minutes of each other. :haha:

Yeah... slightly. Reaper children are just so much fun though. They come with so much natural angst. :rotfl: Tombstoning unusual fathers has become my absolute favorite thing about this challenge! You wouldn't believe the cute kids that come out of unlikely sources! :D

A good percentage of the sims I borrowed for this hood come from really old challenges--as in, were finished in 2008 or so, old. They're classic characters, though, and comes from legacies I'm a big fan of. If you'd like some recommendations, I'd be more than willing to make some. ;)

They really do. Their only limitation is that you still need an adult at home with toddlers and babies while the teens are at school. Unless you keep the teen home, that is.

Thanks, Jessie! :D
Sam:
Spoiler:
That's what this challenge is all about: MOAR BABIEZ!! :) He does indeed make a cute kid. To be honest, I knew genie kids weren't purple either, having tested it out in a throwaway neighborhood long before starting this challenge ( :shhh: ) but it really is always slightly disappointing. I briefly considered creating a custom purple skintone and SimPE'ing it onto baby Donovan, but I decided against it.

It's a fun one! Succumb to peer pressure! :yes:
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I knew that from previous tests in a throwaway neighborhood ( :shhh: ) but it's always a little disappointing when the kids don't come out purple. :P Thanks for the comment.
Miri:

Yup! :)
Spoiler:
Thanks! I couldn't just leave my old legacy characters behind! :) And if I was going to do that, of course I had to bring some of my favorite characters along for the ride, too! Although that does mean that half of them come from classic stories instead of current ones. ^^;

I kinda do miss the naming theme, too. I spent quite a while trying to think of one that would fit in with the tenor of my last set of themes and which would still cover the whole alphabet, and failed. It wasn't until a few days ago that I realized I could've picked a general theme (like "nature") and pulled names from wherever the heck I wanted. :duh: Still, my legacy was the first time I really did any kind of nontraditional naming, and I missed being able to use "normal" names. So it feels quite refreshing to be using them again. ^^

So far, I've had no trouble with the sea chantey. We'll see how long that lasts! :fight:

Yes, yes he is. I've got a few rough ideas on how to make that happen. It will probably involve a starvation room. ;)

Thanks, Miri! :)
Lorinsv:

Thanks! :)
Spoiler:
She really is adjusting really well. A little ditzy, but pulling through pretty readily.

I would never have guessed. I usually feed him pork chops or better. :shifty:
Anne:
Spoiler:
Her life would be a whole lot more miserable if she weren't! :D My teenagers really pull their weight in this challenge!

Do iiiiit. It's a fun one! :awesome:

I really enjoy having my favorite characters from legacies (both new and classic) visit. Like you said, it's just so much fun!

Thanks! She's getting herself adjusted pretty well. :)
Ash:
Spoiler:
I think I just got lucky that I didn't get twins while Wynn was still hurting for money. That seems to be the deciding factor on whether the challenge goes smoothly or roughly, at least from what I've seen on other peoples' stories: twins. :yes:

I get obsessive and make an Excel sheet similar to this every time I start a new challenge. It just makes it so much easier to keep track of score! :haha:

Yeah, no name theme. I spent ages trying to think of one that would fit the tenor of my legacy's themes but still hit every letter in the alphabet, and failed. It wasn't until later that I realized I could've decided on a general theme like "nature" and cherry-picked my favorites from wherever the heck I wanted. :duh: Still, it's refreshing to use the kinds of names I've always used for simming again. My legacy was really the first time I had ever used any sort of naming theme. Outrageous! :rotfl:

Yep. I love having these classic sims around. ^^ And I love that my custom townies are making plenty of appearances, and not hiding in the background. I was worried about that. :awesome:

Okay, so I just need to polish up my third chapter, and it should be ready for posting. You should be seeing that in the next couple of hours, so stay tuned! ;)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Three - 10/13/14

Post by Keika »

Alright, updated! Come and get it! :)

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”