Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Eleven - 9/22/15

Post by Anne »

Aaaah you're back! :D I don't have time right now to give an extensive comments, but man I LOVED THIS. Welcome back! :hug:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Real life does have a way of getting in the middle of simming time. Anyway, I did finish my WYD, got the medal and 44 kids to put through college if I ever go back to that hood. Started messing around with a new hood and a new challenge. It's not posted yet and I'm hardly through the founding generation. Anyway, nice to see my Percy spawn got out of being tormented and into the randomness that is Townieland. Maybe he'll meet his father, who knows? Anyway, nice to see you back and that you're not dead.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Anne:

Thanks so much! It's nice to see you too! :hug:

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Hi there! Well, haven't you been up to shenanigans in the past year? :wave: I like to think that my WYDC kids who go to townieland get to meet up with their other parent. It's a nice thought. Especially in Phillip's case, since, you know, the whole extreme sibling rivalry/vampiric urges thing. If I was actually doing a plot in this challenge, Phillip would probably have been really fun to explore. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Spoiler:
Yay! Chapter! Welcome back!

Sleeping in the park, Keika? For shame.

So, Therese is creepy. Really creepy. And Grimmy sure has fathered a lot of children, throughout all games. I know he's fathered at least ten different children in my game over the years.

Quinn, Sofia, and Therese are probably my favorites. Sofia is just the cutest thing. She kind of reminds me of Eleanor from the Chipmunks.

Triplets? Oh, Keika. I would feel sorry for you if I wasn't laughing so hard. That's why I got rid of the hack in my game. Too many toddlers. The look Sofia gave you was priceless.

I didn't comment on the last two chapters, but my simself turning her back on you was funny (and her playing the violin is funny too since I'm now taking it up myself). I still miss Kale. If you ever put him up for download, I will put him in my game and protect him. And his eyes. Maybe I should start a Bring Back Kale movement. The last one turned out pretty well. Of course, Vis was still alive then...

You're almost done! I can't wait to see how this ends!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hooraaaayy! I've been checking this thing, periodically, and am SO GLAD you came back to it!

As always, so much fun!
Spoiler:
I loved your reaction to Wynn's "prank" with the quads. And it was so cool to get that almost synchronized toddler-twirling.

Thank goodness you have those helpful teens!

Landon is adorable, as always.

I laughed out loud so many times in this chapter! I can't remember them all, but there was a lot of good stuff. You're really good at this.
So, there's more to come soon? Goody!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Twelve - 9/24/15

Post by Keika »

Next chapter is up, everyone! :D

Jessie:
Spoiler:
I must've been somewhere during those eight months, right? ;)

I swear, Grimmy must be a romance sim for how much he gets around. *much amused rolling of eyes*

I'm usually not a fan of Sofia's kind of cheeks, but they really worked for her. You're right, she is just about the cutest thing. ^^

Okay, I packed Kale up with a few of his basic stats and made him available for download just for you: Right here! I'm a little out of practice at packing sims up, so hopefully he works. And I'm sorry, I forgot to throw in his custom hair, but the rest of what he has is base game, I think. Have fun! :)

Thanks for commenting! Good to see you!
Michelle:
Spoiler:
Aw, that's so sweet! Thank you! :D Yeah, those triplets could very well have been a hair-pulling nightmare if I didn't have so many teens ready to help out. Never thought I'd be so grateful for an enormous household! Thanks so much for your comment! It's good to see you around here still! :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So another one for Stork Club huh? Cool. I always look forward to XYZ since I know it's the end. Did I get Philip before? I don't remember. Percy would be so happy to see his boy. Anyway, looking forward to the end.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC - Chapter Thirteen - 9/25/15

Post by Keika »

I had some time between waking up and getting ready for work this morning, so new chapter! \o/

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Just about there. All that's left is handing out the last chapter after this one and then saving backups of the neighborhood so I can return to it if I need to. :) I don't have enough time left this morning to pack up Phillip for you, but I'll get him for you this afternoon. (That is to say, probably your tomorrow, because time zones. :P) Thanks for stopping by!
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Spoiler:
Yay! I can has Kale! I put him in my game and aged him up and, uh...um...Look, there's no other way to say this. Kale is HOT. He is smokin'! And apart from having a thinner and longer face, he is a dead-ringer for his father. He's living with my simself, so he'll eventually turn up in a legacy chapter or two.

Now, on to the chapter. The triplets are adorable and Therese had the perfect age-up clothes. Sad to see Quinn and Sofia go and I'm sad Sofia never quite grew into her cheeks.

Oh, Landon, you poor, sweet fool. You're starting to remind me of Maxwell. I hope he never finds out that he's only the father of one of Wynn's kids.

HA! The part with Barcelona made me laugh. Ce, your caring is showing! If she reacts like this to Wynn being out on a date with another man, imagine how she'd react if she found out Kale is dead! She'd probably burn down the house or worse! ... Don't let Ce find out that Kale is dead.

Uriel is my favorite of the triplets in look. I know she and Undine are identical, but with that hair and makeup, she's just gorgeous!

Hooray, singles! That must have been a relief! I actually have that 10th Kingdom mini-series in my DVDs. I should watch it.

Edit: Adding my thoughts of the chapter that got posted while I was commenting. Baby Z has been born! Yay!

Ah, there's the Ce I know! She is so stalkerish all the time, this shouldn't come as a surprise. XD Bruges probably doesn't really care at this point, but still, watch your back, Wynn. You've gotten on Barcelona's bad side!

Yates is so cute! Also, Uriel is still my favorite triplet and Valene is pretty!

So close to the end! Can't wait to see the last kids! Good luck!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So Baby Z huh? Finally done it seems like forever. And then what? I know Wynn was your tenth heir but what now, you got 27 kids to do something with. I don't even know what to recommend. Maybe a BaCC or RKC? I dunno. Anywho, nice to finally be done now we just have to wait for Baby Z to grow up!!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Hooray for baby Z! And hooray for Hex sneaking into the house for some reason! :D
Looking forward to the last little bit, and whatever you have planned next!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC

Post by Keika »

Okay, so I couldn't wait. Here is the final chapter of Wynter Wonderland: A WYDC for your enjoyment. Thank you so much for reading, and I'll catch you all later! :highfive:

Jessie:
Spoiler:
There IS a reason why I brought Bruges in to be one of the fathers, you know. :awesome: Can't wait to see him in your legacy!

I heart Landon. He was so cute the whole time. So adorably naive. :)

:rotfl: ! Yep, that is PRECISELY how Barcelona is reacting there, and would react if she knew what happened to Kale. Poor kid. ...You know, if this thing had plot, that would have been the perfect little hook.

It was SUCH a relief to get singles for the rest of the challenge. I don't know, having a random set of triplets thrown in makes you a little... paranoid. :popeye: And yes, you should definitely watch The Tenth Kingdom. Great movie. :)

Thanks so much for sticking through this Jessie! You always have such nice comments! :cookie:
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yes, it took me ages to finish this challenge. ;) Here's Phillip for you, since you asked for him. I have a few ideas floating around for my next challenge. Funny you should mention a BaCC or RKC, since a BaRKC is currently at the top of the list of ideas I'm favoring. I'm kind of altering the ruleset, though. ;) Still not going to commit just yet though, since it's still in the early planning stages. Regardless of what I do, I think it's going to be a rotational style challenge, like a BaCC or a Prosperity. I've been doing legacy-style play for a long, long time.

Thanks for reading, Ani-Mei!
Sam:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Hex sneaking into the house was weird. :shiftyeyes: So funny to see him there, though!

Thanks, Sam! :D
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

YEEES!!! It's good that you're back. An edit on this is about to follow as soon as I have time to read!
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Another for the Stork Club! You know some of Zarina's rants got cut off at the bottom of the slide so I hope there was nothing interesting in the last few lines. I got Philip saved on here, just nowhere to put him yet. Hidden City isn't on my laptop. Hmm, a Keika BaRKC sounds interesting I'll be looking for that whenever. You're finally done, and one chapter shy of mine. Cool. :thup:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Cowplant:

Thanks for stopping by! :D Looking forward to your comment!

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Oh, Zarina's rants getting cut off was very much on purpose. The intention was to show that she continues talking about pretty much nothing right off the bottom of the slide. ;)

Thanks for commenting, Ani-Mei!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Congratulations, Keika!
Spoiler:
I totally understand wanting to play some different sims after awhile. And hey, you can always pick up one of them later on if it feels necessary, right? :)

Do you have a challenge planned next? Just curious. :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Awww I nearly got emotional at the end there!
Spoiler:
CONGRATS! :hug: You did it! This was such a fun challenge and I SO want to go and play it myself now too (maybe after I finish my Apocalypse). Wynn was amazing and all those kids! Gah I LOVED THIS. I can't wait to see what you'll get up to next! :D
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Sam:
Spoiler:
Yep! I just need a break from them for a little bit! :haha: I've got so many spares and WYDC children leftover from these challenges that it would be really easy to slip someone in as a spouse or something somewhere, but I probably won't actually found a challenge with one of them again.

I have some ideas. I was telling Ani-Mei that I'm fiddling with the rules for a BaRKC. I don't want to commit yet, though. And once I do start playing the next challenge, I have a personal rule of writing three chapters before posting it online, so it'll probably be a little bit before there's more challenge activity on my part. :)

Thanks a bunch for the comments and support, Sam! :D
Anne:
Spoiler:
THANKS! :hug: WYDCs ARE super fun. Quirky and insane and fun! Thanks so much for your comments and support, Anne! :D
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Ok, not an edit because this took way longer than I thought. (*was marathoning all the other chapters*)
Spoiler:
Westlyn is so pretty!! And I love how she was always too distracted to make any remarks. All of the kids were adorable, especially the ones without face 1 daddies! Not that there's anything wrong with fac 1, but every other face makes way more fascinating combinations. Face 1 just fits vereything, so...*shrugs*

Congratulation on finishing and keeping the whole challenge light heartened and fun!
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

That's cool! I'm so glad you liked it enough to marathon through all the chapters! ^^
Spoiler:
Thanks! I really liked Westlyn, although I really didn't explore her very much. I agree with you on Face 1. Gorgeous? Yes. But sooooo boring. *shrugs*

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your taking the time to read through the whole thing and comment! :D

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”