The Paranoid Paramour - An Internet Lover Challenge

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

The Paranoid Paramour - An Internet Lover Challenge

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I was reading a bunch of posts on "a certain reader," where Polly has a bunch of building tutorials, and found that she also did a mini-challenge, called "The Internet Lover Challenge." I read hers, and it looked like fun, and I needed a bit of a break from long-term stuff, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The Paranoid Paramour - There is only one chapter.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: The Paranoid Paramour - An Internet Lover Challenge

Post by Radiochocolate »

I enjoyed reading this! Nice to see a self-aware sim perspective every once in a while.
I remember seeing a "You've Got Mail" challenge listed somewhere, which IIRC is having the Internet Lover restrictions for a whole legacy. Do you have any tips for those who would be willing to try this out?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Tips for doing this for a whole legacy? Well, I'd say the you should not put all your eggs in one basket, because it could take a long time to get that one specific sim back online. So chat up more than one target.

Also, to increase your odds of that specific someone being online (because the rules say no phone, which means you have to wait until they are chatting online, and you get the option to invite them over), I'd go with a base neighborhood, with no sub neighborhoods, University, Downtown, vacation towns, or anything, because they add people, and you want a smaller pool of people using the chat room.

Knowledge sims are easy to keep happy with aspiration, even if they're alone, so I'd definitely make a Knowledge founder. Later generations might be able to manage with other aspirations, because they'll have family to help them out, but really, it won't be easy. Wealth would probably be good, because you can buy stuff, but that does have limits. So, yeah, just like in an apocalypse, I'd go for Knowledge, as much as possible. And the ReNuYu SensoOrb, if necessary, to get that.

And even if it's not your usual play-style, do not underestimate the uses of aspiration rewards. It's quite possible you'll need Elixir of Life, if it takes too long for your target to get online, again.

I used a sim bin sim, and a pre-built house. I'd recommend starting with a smaller house, and getting the most efficient furnishings you can (high food value, energy, comfort, and hygiene), rather than space. You can build up slowly, but I spent so much time with mine trying to keep the garden going, for money, and just taking care of his needs, that he didn't have as much time online as I wanted. The less time you spend mood-boosting, the more time you can spend emailing potential targets.

You'll chat longer online if you start with a low social score, so if you want it to be more hands-off, save your chat-time for after you've done your chores, but before you use the energizer (if you use the energizer). And don't do more than three "send email" interactions before you check email, because if you line up six "send emails" you will still only get three emails back. At least, that was my experience.

If you do this as a legacy, I really want to see it!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Moved to Completed challenges! Congrats :party:
call me Thai!
they/them
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

What a fun easy challenge. I love Polly's tutorals.
Spoiler:
Aww Chester and Heather together, what a perfect odd couple :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Thai! Hooray!

Pony: Yes, it was fun, and frankly, although I rarely play sim winners or pre-mades, I think I just might play these two, just to sort noodle around with them, you know? They're so cute together.

Besides, most people who do play pre-mades seem to make out that Heather is some sort of stuck-up snob. I rather like her paranoid persona.

I wonder if I could actually make this last a few generations, after all. That would be fun to try.

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”