Revenant (Completed)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Revenant (Completed)

Post by Mauricette »

Vermillion Revenant
Spoiler:
Bistre Revenant Rogue Revenant Proxy Revenant
The Boys
The End :bolt:

Bonuses and Challenges:
Spoiler:
Bonuses:
University
-The heir/ess for each generation must go to and complete college. (3 Points, 1 Point for each heir/ess)
-Heir/ess for each generation must be able to do the xylophone trick shot (using the pool table) by adulthood. (3 Points, 1 Point for each heir/ess)
-For creating a zombie. (3 Points)

Seasons
-Throw a party once every Season of the year. In other words four a Sim year. This can include birthday parties, sports parties, new years parties, etc. Themeing it, roof raising it, or smustling at it is optional but a plus! (3 Points)
-For earning a wishing well. (3 Points)
-For creating a plantsim. (3 Points)

Apartment Life
-Must have a Mysterious Bookcase that leads into a Mysterious Place, you must build it yourself. Be creative! Need to see pictures of this room or hallway or passageway. (3 Points)
-Have a spare with spouse live in apartment and play them the same time as your founder’s family (equal time). Can have as many children you like, as long as one continues the line. (3 Points, 1 Point for each generation played)
-Obtain a Witch (3 Points)

Challenges:
BoolProp Naming Scheme (10 Points)
Naming the first generation's three children names that start with B, O and O. The second generation's children would be given names that start with L, P and R. The third generation's children would be given names that start with O, P and C (for Com, of course!). If twins are born they count as one letter, tough bananas! Name them both with the letter the one child would have been assigned and then you must have another child. So if I had my first generation heir have a boy that I named Larry, then a set of twins I would name them Peter and Paula, because they only count for one letter, I would then have to have them try for another baby to get a Rachel. Additional children born/adopted whether intentionally or accidentally are considered outside the naming scheme and can be named whatever you want.

Cowforbrains' Ghost Hunt (10 Points)
Three Sims must die a generation, starting with the birth of first generation, at least one of those deaths must be a member of the bloodline! Who will it be and why? You cannot kill a Sim the same way every time. You are required nine deaths over the course of the challenge, and they each must be unique. The uniqueness is in the methodology not the ghost color. Having one Sim be electrocuted repairing the computer and another die after being struck by lightening are considered two unique deaths. Having one Sim die from repairing the computer and another from repairing the TV are considered the same death. Accidents count as long as they are unique!

Matriarch aka Dor's Challenge (10 Points)
At Dor's request this has been added as an official mini-challenge! You must have your female founder and each of the heiress' get her three pregnancies from someone outside of the family. You may not marry the father (or mother) or move them in. The heir must be female if, through all male births or a bad heir poll, the heir is male you must have them either stargaze for a pregnancy or install Pregnancy for all Genders so that he can get pregnant. For full clarification of the rules of this mini-challenge please check out the original challenge's thread here. For the two rules that require a spouse, OFB's Robot Army Bonus and FT's Predestined Hobby Bonus, you may do the following: have a sibling of your choosing earn the gold talent badge, and reach level 10 in their predestined hobby along with your heiress. She needs back-up.

Family Scrapbook (10 Points)
Every member of the family must have either their picture taken, via photo booth, camera or printed in a family album, or their portrait painted or sketched with a draft table and hung somewhere about the house. You can choose the age or do multiple ages, take group shots or individual pictures, it's up to you. Your house must contain a picture of everyone that has ever lived in the house by the end of the challenge. Also, each generation, starting with the founder, must write one novel, to keep track of the family's memories. In total four novels must be written one by the founder and one by each of the three heirs (first gen, second gen, third gen).

Witchy Good Time (10 Points)
Every generation must be a witch. Yeah, didn’t see that one coming, did you? One must be a Good Witch, one an Evil Witch, and one a Neutral Witch. When you have your Evil Witch, she must raise a zombie per spell. To do that, she must be high enough in evil magic. Her black bar must be peaked. Then you click on the tombstone you want resurrected. It will do the rest.

Workaholics Anonymous (15 Points)
You must earn all of the career rewards for your EP set up before the end of the challenge. Anyone can earn a career reward: heir, spouse or family friend that you've moved in. But, one Sim may only earn a max of three career rewards.
Last edited by Mauricette on July 19th, 2017, 4:38 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Mauricette

Post Counts

Re: Revenant

Post by Mauricette »

New Chapter released: Brill
Last edited by Mauricette on February 11th, 2016, 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

I'm really enjoying your writing. Not too little, not too much, with a touch of understated humor. 'An exciting round of smustle' is a perfect caption for that picture.

Giving the NPCs different roles, making them an active part of the story is a great idea. My imagination immediately began conjuring up backgrounds and personalities for them. Good job.

Oh, Biddie says, "For the Horde!"
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Debbie wrote:Oh, Biddie says, "For the Horde!"
I heart you for getting the reference. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. :D
New chapter released: The Brood
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

New Revenant Chapter is live: Divide and Conquer!
Lili

Post by Lili »

You're very imaginative :D
Following Vermillion's adventures, I realized how much the choice of (mini-)bonuses can make the challenge unique. A less evil, less witchy Vermilion, and everything would have been completely different! (Apart from the flamingos^^)
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Thanks, Lili. Yes she is quite eevs. Bistre is a little less so, but we shouldn't forget who her mother is. :B

Also the first chapter os Bistre's adventures is released! Oh My God College doesn't have words, but it has soooo many slides. The short of it being that Vermillions lack of monogamy has really impressed upon her childrens psyche. -flop-
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Ani-Mei wrote:Your link is broken, I can't read it! :cryingeyes:
lol i'm so silly, thanks for catching that, Ani-Mei! it's up now :B
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Was the whole thing supposed to be captionless? There was no text on any of the pictures.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

I only got a chance to read 2 chapters but it's really good!
You chose a few I don't have the guts to try! Awesome. :D
Spoiler:
Cool- Necromancy!
Uh, oh... Gypsy Lew is a task master. XD
Tomato plants are very important in necromancy. *nods*
Gypsy Lewyer- good pun. XD
:lol: Graduations are fun fires... and drinking before embarrassing makeouts. XD

I like Brill,- neighborhood picture
Aw- it was a great plan for baking the cake. So sorry about the party. :(
Soap farts are no beuno- so true. XD
Lol- love how fast Uni grads top the careers.
Adorable new house.
Woot! Great Autumn party
Cool! Evil plantsim Witch
Hahahah! YOu totally didn't forget those flamingos
Gardden club Sims are jerks.
Oh, crud... all the flamingos were stolen? Weird is right.
Aw, little Nightshade. :)

Nice!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Ani-Mei wrote:Was the whole thing supposed to be captionless? There was no text on any of the pictures.
Oh yes that's on purpose. I was just so happy to be finally done with college I didn't even want to think about trying to explain their behavior :D
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Rflong7 wrote:Hi :mrgreen:

I only got a chance to read 2 chapters but it's really good!
You chose a few I don't have the guts to try! Awesome. :D
Thanks for commenting! Yeah, my first owbc had some nice good toughies, too and I wanted to match that in difficulty without it being the same challenge. I've never won the wishing well before, or even attempted it! So thats definitely a new challenge. I'm afraid I won't be up to snuff. o_o
Lili

Post by Lili »

(Mostly) captionless works fine for dorm life, it appears, it's pretty much the same in everyone's game :tongue:
Spoiler:
I know what you mean so well, about that romance dormie (the black haired one not the blonde): I plain and simple deleted her from the neighbourhood once, she was such a stalker OMG.

Mohawk dormie has serious addiction issues, though :D
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Yes. I guess I should type as I take pictures, instead of wait til the timers up for eacH chapter to come up with stuff to say. Bleh. Next time!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Lol- the first picture had me checking to see if I missed a chapter. XD
Oh, wow- no more green as an evil witch. :/
Aw- and Bistre is an interesting name.
I don't think it's cheaty since the game makes the plantbabies that way. :)
Lol! Diabolical picture XD
Woot- non magical baby daddy.
I've always liked Bistre's daddy. =D
You've got Awesome Smustle pictues in all your Parties- Excellent. XD
Aw- dang those bad parties.
Poor Jim Pederson gets to live but his brother is doomed. :(
Good- she got in the garden club but why no wishing well?
Oh, Omen... just an omen. O.O
Lol! City of the Forsaken... and the Countess. =]
Ochre- yep, two more boys in your Matriach- of course.
I like the enchanted apple pie.
Nightshade makes a great Egor.
Oh, no... another sacrificed Sim The folly is a great idea.
The kids are so cute. =D
Lol! Nice Headmaster visit. I need that recipe. XD

I like the house! :D
They almost never get abducted when we want.
Aww- Bistre joins the coven. She makes great evil faces. XD
Uh, oh...I'm worried about your Romance kid. O.o
Aw- the family is so close, it's adorable.
Lol~ teens do make fun of their parents. XD
Aw- Nightshade got his first kiss... and then moved out. :(
Poor Omen- His dad should talk to him.
Hahahahaaa! Why is the dog thinking of makingout? O.o
Love the time alone for Mom (Vermillion)
Too bad about her party. :(
Uh, oh- Joe Carr a Vampire?
I had already voted for the heir- I like easy choices. XD

I thought it was fun to just look through the pictures of their Uni years. Ohmygawd the drama! XD

I wrote too much but your story is great and I like the family! :rofl:
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Alright, I know it's been a while, but I finally have a Revenant Update! The Age of Bistre
Lili

Post by Lili »

Great chapter, funny captions!
Spoiler:
And lol indeed at the charlatan stealing from the local thief :D
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

thanks, Lili!

I'm afraid after I graduated to ultimate collection some of my data was lost. I lost four- well, three and a half chapters! D: thankfully I didn't lose too much of anything else. sad times! I have to do everything over again!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Two Revenant Updates! Wha-bam! Kapow! Ominous Forecasts + Purgatory - College

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”