The Legacy of Mr. Oak: A DitFT [8/15/2017]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
ChokolateBanana

The Legacy of Mr. Oak: A DitFT [8/15/2017]

Post by ChokolateBanana »

Hello :D I've recently decided to write a story based on this challenge over here: http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=364
We will follow my founder, Simon Oak, who is a very sarcastic sim and hates everything except for gardening. How will his life play out and will his children someday follow his footsteps?
Image Image
Feedback is very appreciated! I'm very interested about your opinion on the story!
Have fun reading! :)
Last edited by ChokolateBanana on May 24th, 2019, 11:51 am, edited 32 times in total.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Legacy of Mr. Oak: A Difference in the Family Tree

Post by Lorinsv »

This was a fun start, I enjoyed it :)
Spoiler:
I like the premise of the DITFT challenge, and there was an excellent one by Solo on the first Boolprop site called Drifting, but it didn't go beyond the second/Business generation, and I don't know where a link is for it anymore.

I'm kinda liking that Simon hasn't found a mate yet, and I wondered at the end if she wouldn't be the Nature chick, but I'm not sure they can be married in, but I think they can... :hmm: Anyway, I'm interested to see who the future Mrs. Oak will be!

Good luck with your DITFT. I'm aware it's a lonnnng challenge, and I hope you continue to have fun with it. I would really like to follow one through to the end!
Image Image
ISTJ
ChokolateBanana

Thanks! :D Updates might take a while (exams and all that), but I had lots of fun and I hope to finish this challenge :3 It didn't look overly complicated too!
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Part 4 is up! :D I figured I might as well write about this here so that people can see when it has been updated :3
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Hey guys, Part 5 is here! :D
Pssst, it has plantsims!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I love it~~~ Just read up to ch 3 & i HAD to comment :D
Spoiler:
The first chapter was fantastic. And the communist propaganda poster made me laugh so much :lol: What a fantastic start! And I loved when Adriana hopped in as well; I've not seen someone marry in a hobby club leader before but she was the perfect person for Mr Oak!

The burglar and the incompetent police officers, ah. The constant struggle. :,)

And I love the names for the kids~~ They're gonna be really cute! And I loved "YOUR WIFE IS GIVING BIRTH YOU INSENSITIVE POTATO" :,) Amazing.
now to read the rest :shiftyeyes: I read the rest!
Spoiler:
Wow! The plantsimification was gonna happen, I'm surprised it took that long tbh :lol: He looks better as a plantsim pff (and they're soo easy to take care of, so even better am I right? And the lil plant sim baby!) Hello there. She got a music and dance club membership... :lol:

Brey and Ono are adorable. I love the personalities you're giving them :) And I'm so excited for the little boy twins! Two sets of twins, wow!
call me Thai!
they/them
ChokolateBanana

Your comment made me so excited! :rofl: I'm gonna try my best at this story :D I'm so glad that people like it >w<
Spoiler:
Onosma is my fave :) She always has such hilarious expressions whenever I pause the game and it's adorable how she's somehow always close to Simon :3 And Adriana is a great sim, I'm glad I chose her as Mrs. Oak :D I'm very curious how the twin brothers are gonna look like, my only concern is that they might have the same personality as Simon (which happenned to both Onosma and Othonna xd).
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Part 6 is up! :D
Pssst, it has plantsims!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

How cool!
Spoiler:
I don't know if you've heard about it, but I think you're getting pacifier clone babies/firstborn syndrome. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Gam ... n_Syndrome This explains it really well, but tl;dr is to fix your problem is go into CAS every new load of the game and either roll the randomise sim button a few times, or create a male sim and a female sim and reroll the pacifier that comes up when you make a new child. This way you'll avoid firstborn clones q:

Otherwise, oh no, the stalker is so scary :o I hope she doesn't come back, that was a proper villain in the making for a moment :lol:
The screaming fish room is amazing and I love it; so does the penguin apparently
And Ono the plantsim selling lemonade for two days XD Did she actually sell any? :lol:
I loooove this family they're so fun :D Are you going to be doing heir polls?

Also if you want to try something to get you some new readers, you should definitely check out my TS2 Story Update thread here. You can post a little thing telling a bunch of people about your update :)
call me Thai!
they/them
ChokolateBanana

Thanks for your comment! :D
Spoiler:
Oh man I hope I'll be able to fix that issue >-<
Othonna didn't sell any lemonade at all, and she's been just sitting there, glaring into the distance :D
The stalker was a weird one. At the very beginning of the game (when I was just starting to write the story), I thought that I might make that sim to be Simon's wife, but then I saw that the nature hobby instructor was female so I changed my mind. The "lady" was literally calling everyday to talk with Simon, and she often walked by the house. Nobody invited her inside, she smply walked in there uninvited and just stood there o_o
Also, thanks for dropping your update thread link! I'm definitely going to use it :3
Pssst, it has plantsims!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yay an update !
Spoiler:
The screaming fish room and the penguin was amazing ! Poor little guy, haha.

I also thought your baby problem sounded like the first child syndrome as mentioned above. Hopefully that will sort you out !
ChokolateBanana

Thanks for commenting! :3
Spoiler:
Yep, that's the syndrome alright xd at least I know how to fix it now :D (I hope)
Pssst, it has plantsims!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Chapter 1 and 2
Spoiler:
Mr. Oak is quite handsome... did you happen to make his genetics yourself?
Omp the communist poster :rofl:
Wait, a clean memory panel? o.O That doesn't sound good.
Yay for more Fuzzy fans!

Ok so I am commenting this as I'm reading, and I have mixed feelings about Simon x Adriana. On one hand I want them to end up together, on the other hand I thoroughly enjoy Simon making a fool of himself. Let's see how this goes :D
*reads slide 44 of chapter 2* I SHOULDN'T BE LAUGHING AT THIS AS MUCH AS I AM RIGHT NOW
What are the odds of a thief for a nearly broke founder? I mean really, I need to go look this up.
"Nice wood" I'M DONE
I had to take a break from all the dirty jokes before continuing xD

Chapter 3, 4, 5 and 6
Spoiler:
YAY A PROPOSAL wait why does he have a red ring :O
Why pay attention to your wife when you have PLANTS? :D Methinks she needs to turn into a plantsim for him to notice her...
Insensitive potato

Haw-haw he's a plant now
*reads slide 39* WHY OH WHY *laughs with tears in eyes*
Cute children are cute :3
Slide 60 made me realise how AWESOME a plantsim with a moustache looks.
Oh wow, a spore baby. Wonder how Adriana is going to feel about that.

Yay for HD pictures! Not that there's anything wrong with in-game pictures :shifty:
Just as I thought I had enough defaults in my game you reminded me to go get some more :pan:
It's cute how the children are so friendly with their parents, but you do remember the goals for the next generation, right?
Maybe I should take out the mod that prevents Hobby NPCs from showing up, seeing as how fun your sims have encountering them.

Othonna is beautiful :starry:
I didn't know adults could sell lemonade! The more you know~
PLEASE ADD THE TOWN'S BACKSTORY (I feel like I've seen Alpha Strange somewhere before <.<)
Note to self: Make a screaming fish room for the sake of penguin cuteness.
Wait, it's over already? *pout*
I love your writing style, it really cracks me up :lol: Kind of hard to pin-point what it is exactly that I like, so my feedback for you will be to keep up the writing style you've had so far. :thup:

Also, like mentioned earlier, you are experiencing First Born Syndrome. Luckily it is very treatable. If you don't want to go into CAS every time you can use the Lot Debugger by Pescado (which can be used for a lot of other problems as well, as long as you're careful). You need to save your lot before clicking 'Rerandomize Sim Generator' since it exits into the neighborhood, but to me it is a lot less hassle than going into CAS every time someone's pregnant.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
ChokolateBanana

Yaaaay more comments! :D I think I'm gonna use the lot debugger because I'm too lazy to go into CAS everytime xD Sorry about the dirty jokes xd
Spoiler:
I like to make sims in bodyshop for fun :3 Simon is one of my creations :D Oh and the thief was such a random occurance! Simon barely had anything, but as I said, the IQ of this game's NPC's is...high...on things xd Also, I remember about the goals of the 2nd generation, but I hate planning ahead :3 I will play and see how it turns out, it forces me to think more creatively :D Seeing other people's comments really motivates me to keep writing! :celebration:
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

The legacy's first side story is uploaded! It's about the founding of Driftwood. :D
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Part 7 is up! :3
Pssst, it has plantsims!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
I must say, you have a knack for both narrative and comical story-telling! :cookie: So now we know about the origin of Driftwood... sounds almost like a BaCC, no?

*gasp* You have a simself! I must have her!
What do you mean Breynia isn't beautiful? She's just... special (besides, she would have no place in an uglacy).
*sees the post-makeover pics* Aw, now she's only interesting personality-wise.
PENGUIN! And the 4th wall broke :lol: It's a nice touch, but don't overuse it (I myself don't use it often enough).
Great chapter! And I thought plantsims turned brown when they got old :uhoh:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
ChokolateBanana

Spoiler:
Thanks! :D I was bored one day and thought up a story in my mind about the origins of Driftwood. It's kinda like BaCC I guess :3
I'll think about sharing my simself someday :mrgreen:
Sorry about ruining Breynia for you >-< I'll try to keep the makeovers to a minimum :3 (it's just that I LOVE changing the way sims look xD)
The 4th wall break was something unplanned. I simply saw that screenshot and I couldn't get this situation out of my head! :D
I don't know if they turn brown O.o I have custom plantsim skin so it could be that xd
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Part 8 is finally up!
Pssst, it has plantsims!
ChokolateBanana

Hey guys!
I've been away for a while so here's a little update to let you know what's been going on with the story. Don't worry, I ain't done with it yet :D
Spoiler:
I took a little break from simming because it got pretty boring and we don't want that xd I got back to it about a week after. The thing is, right now is the last week of the first semester at school, so you can probably imagine why I don't have time to write the story. The next month involves a lot of mock exams which really take away My current free time. However, I've been able to play the sims and our dear Oaks here a bit, but it's not enough to take lots of pictures and make a decent story, so I'm working on it little by little.
TL;DR I have lots of homework and I only get a little time to play the sims.
Thanks for being patient! :heart:
Pssst, it has plantsims!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”