Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated Mar 27, 2017

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated Mar 27, 2017

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I wanted a break from apocalypse life, so I decided to give the Trailer Park Challenge a try. Now, although I have adopted the "don't post until you have three chapters ready," rule, this challenge requires heirship polls, so I'm going to start posting right from the get-go.

I've somewhat changed my writing style for this one, as well, and I hope y'all enjoy it.

Chapter 1 - March 10, 2015
Chapter 2 - July 11, 2015
Chapter 3 - July 14, 2015
Chapter 4 - February 24, 2016
Chapter 5 - March 27, 2017 Heir Poll
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on March 27th, 2017, 4:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
The Sim-Mart needs to be painted inside, the walls were bare and I could see the drywall. Anyway, nice start. I have too much going on to revive my TPC it didn't get very far though. I could hear the banjos strumming too, dah nah nah nah dah...also you always seem to have a blank slide after the opening one why is that? And I couldn't see the link either it blended too well with the text box.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I did paint the inside, but apparently I missed a spot, or else my choice of paint looks like dry wall. I went for plain whitish-grey.

I have a blank slide, because I have to work so hard to format the slides the way I like that I get it set up, and then copy it, and once that's done, if I don't copy enough slides, then I need to go back to a blank one, so that is my "in case I need it" blank slide. After doing it for a while, I decided I rather like it, but if it is bothersome to readers, I can stop doing that, because now I set up a separate template, so I can always go to that and copy/paste from there.

Thanks for telling me about the link blending with the text box. I'll fix that on my template. Having that darker background meant I needed to do things differently, and I didn't take that into account.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

That was a fun read~ Good job! Love your Sim-Mart, too. :thup:

Gawh- I know how long that LTW feels to me and you made it seem easy and fun. :ducky:
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Nice start!
Spoiler:
I'm impressed that you already got your founder permaplat! Nice backstory, too. It's nice to see founders having fun with their trailer park lives.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks so much!

The Sim-Mart is laggy, but I do like sending my TPC sims there for practically everything. There are a few things they can't buy there, but mostly, the rule is that if it's available at the Sim-Mart, they have to buy it there, rather than through the catalog. It means another trip, and I have to try to keep track of the purchases. More than once, my sim has come home, and not had something or other I could have sworn I bought, because they ran out of money, so I had to send them back, and figure out what I could afford, and what I'd have to skip. Also, they have limited stock, and that is sometimes an issue, as well. But then again, that just adds to the challenge and reality, too.
Spoiler:
On the lifetime want - oooooohhhh, man! I'm so glad that one's over. Now I'm working on Marcel's, and UGGGHH! I like the career ones so much better, for unrestricted play, or even apocalypse play, but at least this lifetime want is actually available for a TPC sim. The career ones aren't, since no sim is allowed to pass level 4 in their career, so there is that. Pain in the neck to play, but very lucrative!
rubysapphire

Post Counts

Post by rubysapphire »

Can't wait for the next chapter!
The Chronicles of Lilith Anthel (FFXIV)

https://sarastesims.tk/

If you like sim stories that combine challenges with celebrities and Final Fantasy references sprinkled throughout, than this is the story for you-even if you don't. Special thanks to all the simmers who uploaded your creations on Origin! A few sims and buildings are my creations.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rubysapphire:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I've been working on the next chapter, but Marcel's LTW of having woohoo with 20 different sims had me pulling my hair, so for a break, I went back to my apocalypse. LOL! I'll get back to it again, after I finish Chapter 8 in my apocalypse, though. I like switching between them, and I'm rather fond of my Parker family.

At least it wasn't "Have 20 simultaneous lovers" because keeping them from finding out about each other is really, REALLY tough.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

I was wondering if you're still going to play this? I know you're doing The Epic Apocalypse. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rflong7 - Yes, I transferred the whole neighborhood from my Mac to my laptop, so I can use the Ultimate Collection. Maybe we'll get some witches involved. Witches are my favorite part of Apartment Life.

Thanks for the encouragement!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated July 11, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bump! Chapter 2 is up!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
Isn't it nice to play several challenges at once? I like the backstory *hopes for plot* The writing style is interesting, I'm assuming you're Pally :P
A player-run store seems pretty nifty.
How could one possibly be furious with a charmer such as Marcel?
BABIES! Might want to update the thread description :P
I'd object to changing the crib color in order to satisfy modern gender-roles, but then again pink is evil and should be destroyed, so I'll let Marcel get that paint.
Oh, sims jealousy <3 My couple don't give a rat's hiney since they're both Romance sims (*cough*thanks to J.M. Pescado*cough*)
Good ol' Mrs Crumplebottom. Her name and behavior often leads me to think that there are bread crums up her skirt.
SO MANY ROSES AT ONCE! *.*
Yay for warlocks!
I GOT A STEALTH SHOUT-OUT. I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW. But first I need to look up the word alacrity.
This was a pleasure to read. Keep it up :applause: Btw, if you want Billie Sue's tattoo to be permanent, you can use this crate.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :D

Yay, an update and I'm caught up. :goodvibes:
Spoiler:
Aw- No one came to her party. :( Glad they showed up to the wedding. XD
Wow! You got him prema-plat, too. Excellent. :#1:
Lol~ Not too many caught him so you did very well especially always having to go to a community lot.

Aw- twins!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Mia and Rflong7!

Mia:
Spoiler:
He's an "old-fashioned" kind of guy, which comes up again later (Yes, I'm almost done with Chapter 3). I do agree about rigid gender roles, but I also know that some sims are going to follow them.

After my last Windows game went totally KERFLOOEY!, I have been sparing with my downloads, both mods and CC. So, I have standard jealousy. I'm adding some things in, a little bit at a time. Very little bit. I think I added a CC something two days ago. Oh, yeah. It was a packaged sim. LOL.

Mrs. Crumplebottom! After that chapter, I did download the mod to get rid of Mrs. Crumplebottom. How I hate her. I MIGHT remove that mod, at some point, if the story calls for it, but I think I'm done with her, for now. As for the crumbs, that is an excellent explanation.

Did you know that if you get too many people delivering roses at the same time, some of them wind up leaving the lot, roses still in hand, and never come back? And they tend not to give you date rewards, because they're still stuck on the roses. Pfffft. He got a couple, but with 30+ dream dates, you'd think he'd have more by now.

I LOVE witches. It's my favorite part of AL, and I'm so excited to be able to really use it in this challenge. The apocalypse is limiting in that regard, and my apoc founder didn't really explore all the magical options in college, while he had the chance. I intend to do that.

You would not believe the number of words I have had to look up while writing this story.

Thanks! The permanent tattoos are cool. She's already changed her look, but I'll bear that mod in mind for future downloads.
Rflong7:
Spoiler:
I have had parties where one or two guests don't show, but that was the first time I've ever had one where NONE of the guests showed up. I was bummed. Then she popped, and the game wouldn't let her leave the lot to go downtown (Another mod I need to get sometime), and I couldn't blame her for being upset.

Getting him permaplat took sooooo long. I thought I'd have to download bruises for the guy. BTW, a tip for the future: If you ever try for that want, always end your dates DIRECTLY after woohoo, because if the date's still running when the other sims attack, the score plummets.

Twins are so cute. But they're getting difficult. They always want their bottles and diapers at the same time.
I am nearly done with Chapter 3. I had to forge ahead, because the story kept me awake last night. I actually had to get up and write a bunch of notes for it. Then, when I played it out, the characters decided to take me in a new direction, so the notes didn't exactly go by the wayside, but I am taking an altered route. Almost there, though.

Thank you both for reading and encouraging me in this. It IS a nice change. However, I'll be doing more apocalypse soon, and I have bachelors now for my Royal Queendom Bachelor Challenge, so I'll be working on that, as well. I can shift among them, according to my mood. I don't dare get involved in anything more than that at one time, though. WHEW!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated July 14, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, the plot for chapter 3 actually woke me up. I had to get out of bed and start writing it. It took a few days of play and writing, but I finally feel satisfied with it.

Chapter 3 is up.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :D

Oh, Crud! XD
Spoiler:
Yeah- he needed to be taught a lesson on changing her all the time. XD
Oh NO! Quads.... O.o
Lol- She's gone and done it.. and he might have been right about the throne.
What an update. :faint: :#1:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Rflong7! It really was fun to play that, and write it.
jessika

Post by jessika »

Spoiler:
It seems like it always takes so long for there to actually be a harvest from the plants in TS2. Atleast it's worth it when it finally does come in! Bland fruits and veggies is a bummer, but food is food right?

ACR can be annoying but I think it's fun when the game randomly decides to TFB without us actually realizing until it's too late. Atleast you get more possible heirs to pick from, lol! But when TWINS happen..umm.. yeah. Not so fun. I have the Trips and Quads mod in my game, too..so sometimes it's even MORE frustrating when this happens.

I can't wait to see what the twins look like when they age up again. All of your kidlets look promising. I think the Teen age is the best, because then you get to see all of their genetics.

Can't wait for the next update!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, jessika!

Billie Sue has a great big garden plot, and so far this year, hasn't had to time to plant even one plant. Harvest? Not likely, unless something changes soon. Thank boolprop for fish.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Reading chapter 3 in January :shifty:
Spoiler:
Since it's been so long since the first chapter, I thought Marcel was the dog and Pally the unborn xD
The hubby deserves some credit for trying to take care of his wife :P Now I want to impose magic on my TPC sims...
That's a lot of energizers! I'm using a mod that lets you replenish aspiration rewards with points instead of having to delete and place a new one in the same location, but having a bunch in the yard looks kind of cool...
MAGICAL QUADS :D Wait, do they really have twin boys? <.< *checks earlier chapters* Oh, right.
...she actually went trough with it. At first I thought she was going to expel the darkness out of him, but she really fulfilled her plan. Maybe for this challenge a shotgun would have been more appropriate
Nothing like realising your husband was right after killing him! I'm excited to see what his ghost will be up to >:)
Waiting patiently for the next chapter :3
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”