The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/31)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/31)

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Oh look new shiny challenge is new and shiny. I could try to blame Ani-mei for this, buuuut I've always wanted to do a RKC....I'm just uh apparently now getting around to doing it. This isn't gonna be one of those BaCC type deals I don't think....lots and lots of complicated rules make Mystery's head blow up. And that's not good for a simmer for their head to blow up. So this is a more "classic" version I guess....ie 5 generations of playing prosperity style....sort of.... :heavybreathing:

But really I just wanted an excuse to resurrect isabella Greaves from the dead...again.....I always did like her. Ahem so here's a little prologuey thing to get us started. Enjoy.

Chapter 1: Your Life Really Can Fall Apart More than Once

Generation 1:
Chapter 1:Can't you Do Anything Productive?
Chapter 2: And the Kingdom Rejoiced....
Chapter 3: Now What?

Generation 2
Round 1:
Chapter 4: Shahan/Gable Round 1
Chapter 5: Hamilton/Forester Round 1
Chapter 6: Roth/Scrubb Round 1
Chapter 7: The Evidan Family

Round 2:
Chapter 8: Shahan Family Round 2
Chapter 9: Gable Family Round 2
Chapter 10: Hamilton Family Round 2
Chapter 11: Forester Family Round 2
Chapter 12: Roth Family (Main Branch)
Chapter 13: Scrubb Family (Main Branch)
Chapter 14: The Roth Family Secondary Branches
Last edited by mysterymusic7 on October 31st, 2016, 8:59 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I had to read this, not only because I just reread my legacy and Virgil's BC of course...:shiftyeyes: I wish I still had Isabella, damn M&G...I did rebuild Hidden City somewhat though that's a plus. Anyway not much else to say about a prologue. :hug:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Awww if you would like to have Isabella back you are more than welcome to download her again.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7hu7x ... .Sims2Pack
Prologue is short...but bridge was necessary. :fluffy:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (3/20)

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Udpate!
Yeah I went to commentary style...it's easier/funner.
Plus when you've got a king who just won't keep his clothes on.....it makes it hard to keep things serious. :whistle:
Enjoy!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Your link to the chapter is busted, I got the 404 Error so I went to the Slideshare site to hunt it down. Hehe, wrong gender curse continues in a patriarchy, I know it well. Nice nod to Virgil too there, I got that. :D I miss my heir, at least I saved him before M&G killed Hidden City. He just lost his pale-as-death skin tone and eyes. Anywho, nice chapter and use of the Sims Medieval castle.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Busted link? For real? *sigh* Goes and fixes.
Thanks for having the energy to hunt it down on your own though. That means a lot.
But of course the curse continues! :highfive: Nice to have a cursed buddy to sim with.
Of course I had to put a nod to Virgil in there. That was a fun challenge. Shame he lost his skin and eyes, but at least you saved him.
Glad you liked the chapter. And I always did like Sims Medieval even if I can only play so long before the kingdom gets too big and crashes. :rotfl:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (3/29)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Ah, the wrong gender curse lives on. Funny though, your royals parallel mine nearly the same; twin girls first for me then a single son. You get a single daughter then boy/girl twins, it's freaking me out. I haven't decided on my Peasant families yet, I have no idea what I'm going to make for them. Anywho, nice update despite the lack of a Capp heir.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is a fun read. I like all the sims you have so far.
Spoiler:
I did get a bit confused with the Gable family, there, because I think you called Anne Diana a few times, by mistake, but that's OK. And Anne's blonde, which is something she would have really liked, and Gilbert has the "carrots" hair, which makes me laugh! If she called him "Carrots," would he break his slate on her head? ;-)
Wow, I haven't played Sims Medieval in a long time, and just seeing that opening slide made me want to. I'm so torn!

So, I look forward to the next installment of this. I do have a question, though. In the prologue, where it talks about the Capps and the Montys, is that you telling back-story, or had you posted a story about that before? If so, please add the link, because I'd love to read that. Those hints in the prologue were just so tantalizing.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Ah another Anne of Green Gables fan. I'm glad someone caught the fact I gave Anne blonde hair. ;)
And I can't believe i did that. LOL! Obviously someone had their second child on the mind a wee bit early.
I went in and fixed that cause it would have bugged me to leave it.
Hmm not sure about "Carrots" but probably so. :celebration:
Thanks for reading.
Here's the link to the first Chapter of the old Greaves Family Isbi which first featured Isabella. I can't seem to find the second chapter....hmmm
http://www.slideshare.net/MysteryMusic7 ... -chapter-1
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, thanks for the link!
Spoiler:
GASP! Oh, no! A Female Fisher! Where are my pearls? I must clutch them!
That was funny. And I can see why you'd get attached to Isabella. What happened to the old challenge? Did it die a gruesome death, or just fall by the wayside? It looks like it would have been quite the challenge to complete.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

The old challenge died since my old desktop died after many years of loyal service. I guess that's not really gruesome as much as heartbreaking. Luckily I had Isabella saved since I'd uploaded her for Ani-Mei's bachelor challenge for Virgil.

It was a fun little challenge especially since poor Isabella ended up with max playful points in a land that was in the medieval time period....plus they were poor so nothing fun was owned by the family....and I couldn't actually control her in order to fulfill wants anyway. In some ways it left me banging my head on the computer screen, but really Isabella was well infectiously adorable too plus while the maxed playful was annoying in one way it made her unique. Certainly kept that first generation of the ISBI interesting.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/6)

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Chapter 3 is up...finally.
I uh well it had been so long since I played on the old laptop that basically I forgot why I took most of my pictures. Guess we'll just pick up from here with this and keep going.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Cool. :thup:
Spoiler:
So moving on despite having lost everything, so few can pull that off. Course since I saw Lord of the Rings recently I know why the name Thorin sounds familiar. Nice update though, makes me wonder I should finish up my Merchants in Maladoreias now.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I had to binge-read it to remember what was happening, and I'm glad I did.
Spoiler:
HAHAHAHA! The jackass noble had no heir. LOL! Serves him right, although I feel sorry for his whole family.

So much has happened since your last update, but you managed to catch us up pretty well, although we missed the details of a growing generation. We know where we are now, so that's good.
It's hard when you've played, but not written, in a long time, isn't it? It's a chore just tracking down who's who in the pictures, let alone what they were actually doing at the time. Good job in coming back to this, and continuing the challenge. The town is growing, nicely.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
It can be difficult. Luckily Adrianna's made of tough stuff. I really do love her.
Yeah I couldn't help myself with using Thorin....such a tragic story. I always did like that dwarf. Hopefully sim Thorin hasn't got anything like that headed his way. Glad you liked it.
You should. I love reading your RKC!
Michelle:
Spoiler:
Your comment made me laugh at out! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything.
Yeah Favian was a real ass. Can't say I miss him. Though I do feel bad for his girls.
I hate we missed the growing generation, but I tried. Serves me right for not touching this challenge for so long.
Thanks for binge reading/coming back to it! :highfive:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/10

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just read the latest chapter. WOW, have I fallen behind! So sorry.
Spoiler:
Anyway, I really enjoyed it. It's good to see the families getting along so well, and I love seeing the friendships between them. The library is neat, and the heirs popping up, yay! Not that I'm not thrilled that the one noble jerk never got his heir, but I feel sorry for his daughters. But then again, I would have felt sorry for his daughters, even with an heir, because HIM. Ugh.
Anyway, good to see this is still happening!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: The Kingdom of Avonlea: A Royal Kingdom Challenge (10/10

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
I love the friendship between these families too. It's fun to play them because they are both so close.
I adore the Monty girls, and I do feel bad they've been through so much.
Ryia their mom is awesome too. Poor lass was a trooper being married to that pig for so long.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”