Range Valley - 11th October 2019

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Avenie

Post Counts

Range Valley - 11th October 2019

Post by Avenie »

Just to jump on the bandwagon!

The older rounds are under the spoiler:
Spoiler:
Round 1:
Lee

Round 2:
Lee, Kane

Round 3:
Lee, Kane, McKinley, Bellamy

Round 4:
Lee, Kane, Parmeley, D. McKinley, K. McKinley, Bellamy

Round 5:
Lee, Kane, Parmeley, D. McKinley, K. McKinley, Bellamy

Round 6:
Lee, Lee/Gaither, Kane, Lee/Akagi, Parmeley, L&L. Lee, D. McKinley, L. Lee, K. McKinley, Bellamy,

Round 7:
Lee, Gaither, Kane, Akagi, Parmeley, Kearney, Shibata, P. McKinley, L. Lee, K. McKinley, Bellamy, Riley, Uni

Round 8:
Lee, Gaither, Kane, Akagi, Parmeley, R. Parmeley, Kearney, Shibata, P. McKinley, L. Lee, K. McKinley, Bellamy, Riley, Dallas, S. Bellamy, Libby Lee, J. McKinley, P. Parmeley, Lachlan Lee, Uni

Round 9:
Lee, Gaither, Kane, Akagi, Parmeley, Zeelan, Kearney, Shibata, Savatier, P. McKinley, L. Lee, K. McKinley, Jitmakusol, Bellamy, Qadir, Van Herten, Dallas, Riley, Masters, J. McKinley, Ramirez, Parrish, Uni

Round 10:
Lee
Gaither
Kane
Akagi
Parmeley
Zeelan
Kearney
Shibata
Savatier
Nanale
L. Lee
A. McKinley
Jitmakusol
Bellamy
Qadir
Van Herten
Dallas
Masters
J. McKinley
Ramirez
Parrish
Corrigan
Riley
D. Gaither
B. Lee
Landry
Uni
Summary
Round 11:
Lee
Gaither
McAuley
Kane
Akagi
Parmeley
Zeelan
Kearney
Shibata
Savatier
Nanale
L. Lee
A. McKinley
Bellamy
Qadir
Van Herten
Dallas
Masters
J. McKinley
Ramirez
Parrish
Corrigan
Riley
D. Gaither
B. Lee
Landry
Voorhees House
S. Akagi
Jitmakusol
Slaughter
Uni
Summary

Round 12:
Lee
Karimi
Gaither
McAuley
Kane
L. Akagi
Parmeley
Zeelan
Kearney
Shibata
Savatier
Nanale
L. Lee
A. McKinley
Bellamy
Qadir
Van Herten
Dallas
Masters
J. McKinley
Ramirez
Parrish
Corrigan
Riley
D. Gaither
B. Lee
Landry
Voorhees House
S. Akagi
Jitmakuso
Slaughter
L. Masters
N. Masters
J. Dallas
Fairfax
C. Parrish
M. Lee
E. Ramirez
F. McKinley
R. Gaither
Sun. Akagi
Uni
Summary
Last edited by Avenie on October 11th, 2019, 6:13 am, edited 38 times in total.
Anya

Re: Range Valley - 9th May 2018

Post by Anya »

Oooh, new BACC!
Spoiler:
With an alien founder, too! I love it! Aliens are kind of my favorite. Even when they're horrifying monstrosities and possible serial killers like my current Uglacy heir.

RIP Christopher Lee... he was a genuine, certified badass.

"Fish and Chips" and "Space, Idaho" both got a good laugh out of me, especially when the fires started. As is tradition in Space, Idaho, heh...

Nice to see that Dean found a fellow Family Sim with whom to raise his (at least) six children. Those kids are going to be well looked after... and once Amaya gets her LTW, they'll be able to brag to their classmates that their mommy is a superhero!

Speaking of the kids, Liora is adorable! As I learned with Estella and baby Una in my own BACC, red hair plus alien skin equals SUPREME CUTENESS.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Loved the update!
Spoiler:
Can't wait to see what happens next! You've gotten lucky with LTW's so far.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Ooo shiny new BACC!!
Spoiler:
So lucky with fires, yay. I love Dean's explanations for things :D. I love Amaya's hair style so pretty! Good start! Can't wait for more!
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Anya - Estella is seriously cute in your BaCC! Not sure how well the Lee kids are going to be looked after, it feels like constant chaos in their house at the moment!

Seera - I am counting my lucky stars that nobody has picked out something obnoxious yet! I wasn't thrilled with Dean's LTW, but at least it's doable!

Pony - I'm just glad the fires didn't kill anybody! I'm always worried they'll take over the whole house!

New update, by the way: Lee
Anya

Re: Range Valley - 11th May 2018

Post by Anya »

I think your link's a little broken... it's taking me to Week 1. I managed to find Week 2, though.
Spoiler:
Gah, twins! That cannot be easy early on in a BACC. They are super cute, though, especially now that Linnea's grown into her features.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Range Valley - 11th May 2018

Post by Seera »

Like Anya, I found your Week 2 update.
Spoiler:
Loved the update. I love how much Sims can grow into their faces as they age up.
Avenie

Post Counts

Re: Range Valley - 12th May 2018

Post by Avenie »

Thank you for the heads up on the links! I've fixed them in my orignal post!

The Lee family is pretty difficult with the amount of children. I also have the mod that allows more than 8 sims in one family, so there's no limit to how many Dean and Amaya might have!

I feel pretty lucky with how cute the kids have turned out so far. The default face replacements definitely help, though.

New update, because I do nothing productive on a weekend!
Anya

Post by Anya »

Fast updates are fun!
Spoiler:
"This woman shows up at businesses, tanks everybody’s stars by insulting them and shoving them, and leaves. She reminds me of me."

I LOL'd so hard at that. XD

"Six businesses in one household would probably be overkill."

Tell that to Victoria Star... I doubt she's going to stop at the 5 for her LTW. Stupid overachieving Sims, making me jealous because I'm nowhere near where I really want to be in life... #simsplayerproblems

What's it like running a BACC with ACR? I've never really been a fan of that mod (I'm way too micromanagey, and the personalities my Sims get in my head don't really tend to gel with its effects), but I'm still kind of curious.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Two updates!
Spoiler:
Miriam and Nolan are so cute together and Zoya is adorable. Looks like the businesses are progressing nicely, despite one rather aggressive customer. You'll have business open in no time!
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

@Avenie: Loved the update!
Anya wrote:Fast updates are fun!
Spoiler:
"This woman shows up at businesses, tanks everybody’s stars by insulting them and shoving them, and leaves. She reminds me of me."

I LOL'd so hard at that. XD

"Six businesses in one household would probably be overkill."

Tell that to Victoria Star... I doubt she's going to stop at the 5 for her LTW. Stupid overachieving Sims, making me jealous because I'm nowhere near where I really want to be in life... #simsplayerproblems

What's it like running a BACC with ACR? I've never really been a fan of that mod (I'm way too micromanagey, and the personalities my Sims get in my head don't really tend to gel with its effects), but I'm still kind of curious.
While I'm not Avenie, I have played a BACC or two or three with ACR. I've got one that's 3-8 generations in length (blame plant sims). I've also got a hack that lets me have more than 8 on a lot. I've also got triplets and quads and I always hit random and there's a small chance of quads.

ACR can lead to a couple having quads and less than 12 hours later deciding that they want to try for a baby and succeeding. It was an actual try for a baby and not a pregnancy due to risky woohoo. I could have cancelled out the try for a baby, but that's my house rule with ACR. If they autonomously go off and do woohoo/try for baby thanks to ACR, I have to let them unless they are the only ones who can stop something bad from happening (like social worker coming or someone dying type bad).

My families ended up with 3-4 pregnancies on average. Which led to families having on average 3-5 kids. I've yet to end up with anyone having just 2 kids. One coulple did only have 2 pregnancies (the first resulting in twins). But ACR's settings are completely changeable. I could reduce the average number of pregnancies. And Triplets and Quads could be adjusted to lower my chances of multiples.
Avenie

Post Counts

Re: Range Valley - 15th May 2018

Post by Avenie »

Anya - I seriously bow down to your business skills! I mostly sit there and tear my hair out when it comes to businesses. And I can never seem to get one to level 10, so hopefully this BaCC will be the game changer.

Pony - I love Zoya! She's so cute, and I can't wait to see what she looks like as she grows up!

Seera - You've made the ACR points way better than I would have. I like ACR, because I like that sims can choose for themselves who they are interested in, but some of them take it a bit far, and it's seriously annoying when you befriend a romance sim, and five minutes later your straight-laced knowledge sim is woohooing them. I'll be totally honest, I use the SimBlender to remove romantic relationships when I don't want them to have happened. It doesn't feel too unfair, because otherwise most of my families would have been torn apart ages ago. I haven't quite worked out the settings to keep the whole neighbourhood from cheating on one another.

Also, three new updates, because I really, really don't do useful things with my weekends.
Anya

Post by Anya »

Avenie wrote:Anya - I seriously bow down to your business skills! I mostly sit there and tear my hair out when it comes to businesses. And I can never seem to get one to level 10, so hopefully this BaCC will be the game changer.
I'm flattered, but don't be fooled... it takes a while, and the only reason I haven't torn out my hair is because it's too short for me to get a decent grip. I just trim away unnecessary screenshots so that the business grinding doesn't make the story drag too much.
Avenie wrote:Also, three new updates, because I really, really don't do useful things with my weekends.
Hey, that's what weekends are for: relaxing and feeding hours into the hungry time-sink that is The Sims 2.
Spoiler:
The Lee kids continue to be adorable, as does Zoya. Mina, though... poor girl better hope she grows into that face.

Of course the overbearing dad who WANTS GRANDKIDS YOUNG LADY would fall for the local negative-star-throwing beeotch. Really, that is almost too perfect.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Oh man poor Kate, of course her dad marries the meanest woman in the Valley. All the kiddos are starting to grow up. I love watching them slowly all get to know each and become friends :).
Avenie

Post Counts

Re: Range Valley - 20th May 2018

Post by Avenie »

I really wasn't a fan of David's choice of wife, but I really prefer my sims to pick their other halves, as much as possible. Sometimes, once in a while, their choice and mine matches up.

Also, thank you for your comments. It's so exciting to see people commenting, and I love our little BaCC community on this site.
Anya

Post by Anya »

Oooh, more chapters! Yay! I wish I could pump out Oceanview chapters this quickly... curse my need to make complex builds and then be all long-winded in the actual posts...
Spoiler:
QUADS in the Lee family? QUADS? Holy crap! At least it looks like you got some more redheads, though; it's nice to get some variety in sibling appearances, and redheaded aliens are the absolute freaking cutest. And you do have a good number of teens to help out, including a Family Sim and a Knowledge Sim, both of whom are likely to roll some good help-out wants (or just help autonomously). Plus, this means that Romance Sims in the Lee brood shouldn't have to get married for Daddy's LTW. Hooray, Liora's off the hook and can be polyamorous all she wants!

I actually don't find Mina's nose that weird... she just looks like her daddy. Zoya's still the prettier sister, though... and a Knowledge Sim to boot! I love my Knowledge Sims so much! I bet Zoya and I could chat for hours about all our nerdy interests.

Kind of surprising that Zoya and Laurel have two bolts; Knowledge/Pleasure is one of the worst aspiration combinations in the game when it comes to chemistry (mutual repulsion). I guess they've got some turn-ons and/or compatible zodiacs... or a high enough relationship score that the chemistry override let it happen. Then again, I'm not sure how ACR works with that. Still... I can ship it. They're so cute together, and I bet they'll make adorable babies.

The Parmerleys seem like a nice little family. I'm excited to see what Ash's alien baby looks like. The adopted kiddos are both pretty cute too, especially Rosalie. Her searching for the aliens so she can tell them that their baby will be okay made me d'awww all over the place. Is it bad that I d'aww more over Sim kids than real life kids?
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Yay for updates!
Spoiler:
Rosalie just about melted my heart at the telescope. What a sweet kiddo! And of course you get quads as a last hurrah. Sims are evil like that!
Avenie

Post Counts

Re: Range Valley - 27th May 2018

Post by Avenie »

Anya - In a way, it's kind of good that the quads came along! I really wasn't looking forward to rushing Liora along for someone elses' LTW. And now she can stay single! Mina will probably grow into her looks. I find I have a lot of kids who look a bit strange at first. Laurel and Zoya have compatible zodiacs and turn ons, and they've had a super high relationship score since they were kids, so I guess that overrides their aspirations! I think they could work together. I'm also the same. I find my sim kids so much more endearing and cute than real ones!

Pony - Rosalie has a super high nice score. She's an absolute gem of a kid, and she's definitely one of my favourites!

There is another batch of updates, as is the custom on weekends! Thank you for reading.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Yay more updates! The round three Bellamy didn't work for me for some reason.
Spoiler:
The Lee kids grew up gorgeous! Liora especially, her new hair suits her so well. Go Poppy for reaching out to Kate too. So nice to see sisters getting along :)
Anya

Post by Anya »

Round 3 Bellamy link was broken for me too.
Spoiler:
Whoa, Liora's gorgeous! I think she and Lachlan are my favorites among the Lee kids... I love red hair.

Kate and Aurora make such a cute couple! Here's hoping their committed-but-still-open relationship turns out well.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”