Poppy Island BACC [updated May 3]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Poppy Island BACC [updated May 3]

Post by FunkyFresh »

Hi everyone :wave:

I wasn't planning on documenting a challenge here, as I'm pretty insecure about my abilities to write in English. But as my last BACC-neighborhood got corrupted and I had to re-install the entire game, I had to start a new BACC anyway. I got talked into just trying to write about it, so that's what I did!
I have to say in advance: I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep playing this neighborhood as I'm pregnant and I'm also not very good at remembering to take pictures and stuff. It's the first time I'm trying to write about a challenge, so if I find out it doesn't work for me, I'll probably stop doing it. But hey, let's just enjoy it while it lasts :lol: I'm new to LiveJournal too, so please tell me if I did anything wrong. Any tips will be very helpful.

I'm using the original rules and I just finished playing the first week of my new neighborhood: Poppy Island!

Week 1: Kristal
Week 2: Kristal

I hope you will enjoy it!

Stats from the last update:
Spoiler:
Stats
Households: 1
Playable Sims: 4
Sim Multiplier: 1
Population: 4

Business districts: 0
Downtown: 0
Universities: 0

Fires: 0
Burglaries: 0
Electrocutions: 0

Careers
Gamer: 1 position filled

Businesses
None
Last edited by FunkyFresh on May 3rd, 2018, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Poppy Island BACC

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Great start! The house is super cute btw. And so is Alana. I love Sim babies. BaCCs are the only challenge I know of where we actually hope our Sims get electrocuted or start a fire lol. Come on guys, catch the stove on fire so we can get you a real job lol. Great start, can't wait for more :D
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I'm SO happy to see you put your story up! Even if you have to walk away from it, it's fun to get to share and see what's going on in other's games!
Spoiler:
I really love the makeovers you did, and the house is gorgeous! You said your wife builds them and you decorate? Either way, my compliments to the house builder(s)! :yes: Best of luck with your new BACC!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Thanks so much for sharing your story, a fun way to be part of our small community here.
Spoiler:
Very good start on a BACC, also love the house. May borrow the idea later... Can't wait to see what else the Spits will be up to one day!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Anya

Post by Anya »

Oooh, a new BACC!
FunkyFresh wrote:I wasn't planning on documenting a challenge here, as I'm pretty insecure about my abilities to write in English.
Your English looked pretty good in this first entry. There are points where I can kind of tell that it's not your first language, but they don't hurt my understanding of the story.
FunkyFresh wrote:I have to say in advance: I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep playing this neighborhood as I'm pregnant and I'm also not very good at remembering to take pictures and stuff.
Congratulations! I hope you and your baby are both doing well! :))

As for the challenge itself...
Spoiler:
Livius and Kristianne are a cute couple. Knowledge/Family pairs are the best! I'm not surprised to see that Livius is a good parent; Knowledge Sims tend to enjoy parenting, especially the teaching parts. Just wait until Alana starts growing up; he'll be rolling wants to teach her toddler skills, get her into private school, see her get an A+, send her to college with scholarships...
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

Thanks for all of your nice comments! :)
Spoiler:
This house was actually made from an example, if I say that correctly in English. I saw it on MTS2 and as I was too lazy to install Sims2Packs, I decided to build it from the pictures :lol:
I also noticed I made a little mistake in the first chapter, as Livius is actually a Popularity sim instead of knowledge. Woops.
I just posted week 2!
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

Anya

Re: Poppy Island BACC [updated May 3]

Post by Anya »

Oooh, quick updates!
Spoiler:
Popularity, eh? I suppose that explains his LTW... Knowledge Sims don't usually roll Become Captain Hero. I just figured you had ltwvariety or a similar mod. Livius is definitely a good parent for a Popularity Sim; they're usually rather lackluster in that department.
Then again, I don't think it would be hard to be a good parent for a Popularity Sim with kids as sweet and adorable as Alana and Célia. What a couple of cuties! And their personalities are just as cute as their faces! I love high Nice/low Outgoing; they get all the adorable shy animations and all the adorable nice animations.
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Baby #3 looks like. Thank goodness Kristianne is a Family Sim, because it's gonna be hard to keep track of all these kiddos.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Finally had a chance to read the update!
Spoiler:
Livius and Kristianne finally got married yay! Though it's cool that Kristianne's maiden name will get to Cathy on with her daughters. I wonder if baby three will be a boy. Livius is such a cute dad. I love how much time he spends with the girls.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Aw, they're such a cute couple! Love the girls, too. They seem like such a happy little family! I'm looking forward to seeing how their garden gets on as well.
theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

I'm loving this! The babies are both REALLY cute :D And don't worry about your English, you're doing great :)

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”