Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/14/18

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 3/17/16

Post by raebeth47 »

Katri,
Spoiler:
It's become a point of honor for me that they must maintain their millionaire status.
I like Marvin. I'm hoping his puppies with Ginger grow up better than Ginger's previous litter.
Joe was really close to death. I kept waiting for the fire department, but then Nadezda put him out just in time.
I didn't even realize Joe has a turn on for gray hair until I checked after Nadezda's birthday.
Things should be interesting with Tosha. It just seemed like it might be a bit boring with just two elders and the dogs.
Update! Summer 4: Richter is up.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
I love that nursery! :plumbob2: I might have to steal that layout for one in MV, if you don't mind. The new library looks really nice too.

I like the new house too. And a Business Tycoon to boot! Annika sure has come a long way, good for her!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Loved the update!
Spoiler:
This is such a fun family! I love the way their house looks from the outside - I've never used those windows in black, but they look really cool!
I had no idea you could put the flowerbeds up for sale. I'm definitely going to need to try that on Blueberry Island. :)
Willow Valley is doing so well! I can't wait until I can hire the maid for some of my families on the Island. :D
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Annika has indeed come a long way from where she started. That house, that job... She's doing well and I like it. Ramsay's makeover suits him, too.

The kids are still adorable!

That nursery business is again something that never crossed my mind. Well, to be fair, I was wondering whatever a nursery business had to do with Natural Science in the rules - thinking you know, cribs and potties. When I read this update it slowly dawned to me that the word "nursery" may have a second meaning here. :rotfl: Anyway, non-native moment or not, it's a lovely business!

Congrats on the new community lot! The library is looking very distinguished.

Annnnd another Business Tycoon, and Oceanography unlocked too. Wow, Willow Valley seems to be doing great!
Great update!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
You're welcome to use the layout! Can't claim credit for the library, though. I think I got it off of Mod the Sims.
Annika's doing great! I'll probably expand the house a little next season, but it's a good house that's a step above a starter.
Anne,
Spoiler:
I don't think I'd used the windows in black before, either, but they work well with the brick.
All the garden stuff can be put up for sale! It's not very profitable, though, unfortunately.
So nice to be able to hire maids and gardeners.
Katri,
Spoiler:
Annika's doing great, even if she was the last sim who didn't get to go to college. Business Tycoon isn't nothing to sneeze at. Ramsay rocks his new outfit.
I love the kids, and I'm really enjoying playing a smaller household for a change.
I already have a flower business that I counted for a Natural Science opening, but I figured this would be appropriate since they both have Nature as their OTH.
Excited about Oceanography being unlocked! I seem to have a disproportionate number of sims who roll Oceanography as a LTW!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 4/10/16

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
Going on vacation makes for a nice change, that was a good idea using inheritance money for it. It never occurred to me that you could re-sell a vacation home, I'll have to remember that, especially for my Fortune Sims that roll wants to buy multiple vacation homes, SMH :roll:

Lol, if I didn't know better, I would say George is stalking Eva, though he could always turn the tables and say she was stalking him.

I've been playing more dogs than cats lately, I kinda forgot that they can be trained to use the toilet - definitely a plus in their column.

Congrats on approaching the 10K mark, that's really encouraging for those of us farther behind!
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
I had hesitated on buy any vacation homes until now, when it occurred to me that sims could buy them, use them, and then sell them back. I may be sending sims on vacation a little more often now.

George and Eva do have 3 bolts; I'm not really sure who's doing the stalking.

Definitely love the toilet training! Even if they don't get toilet trained, they'll use the litter box which is easier than dogs peeing all over the sidewalk.

Excited to pass 10k soon!
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Wow! Willow Valley has gotten huge! Congratulations on being so close to reaching the 10,000 population mark! I'm always amazed at how you manage such big families and so many businesses as well! I loved the last update (Cooke-Pavlov), the family sure had an amazing time on that vacation. Some of your jokes really crack me up, especially the teleportation bit with the ninja and Denise. Looking foward to more!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Late comment is late, but here goes:
Spoiler:
That's a really nice sum of inheritance money, I'll say, and I quite like your idea of spending it by renting a vacation house. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future.

I've always had a soft spot for George somehow. I hope that he doesn't get too upset with Eva.

Looks like the vacation was a lot of fun. Denise clearly enjoyed the teleportation bit. And it's oh so annoying when the ninja finally shows up but ends up in an inaccessible spot!

The living chair business is clearly a successful one, hooray for level 9 already!

Hehe at the swimwear. I so know the feeling of "forgot to / was too lazy to buy non-everyday outfits and then whoops". :D

Yay for college! Denise will surely enjoy it, and Malvina must be happy.

Wow, that's a lot of dates and outings and gifts! I really should work on my outings game, I'm really intrigued by seeing people using it as a strategy, while I'm terrible at them.

Felix is still cute as a teenager. His new looks suit him.

Wow, you're getting really close to the 10,000 mark now! That must be so exciting! :bounce:
As always, a fun update! :)
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 5/8/16

Post by raebeth47 »

Update! Summer 4: Parker

Mar,
Spoiler:
Thanks! Excited about reaching 10,000 soon. Big families are fun, but it's nice to have some smaller families as well. The Cooke-Pavlovs were fun to play and had a good vacation.
Katri,
Spoiler:
I decided "renting" vacation houses was a nice compromise that will let all the households have the opportunity to vacation in their own place.
Eventually George will find that special someone, I hope.
I hardly ever buy sims swimwear, so weird swimwear is kind of the norm.
I'm definitely looking forward to getting Denise and Malvina back together.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
Good job getting the 5 Top-Level Businesses LTW for Brittany! I've been thinking of a business like the Rummage Basement as a sort of thrift store. Lately, MV's residents are keeping their old appliances, furniture, electronics, etc. in inventory, which they'll theoretically gift to whomever ends up owning the shop. The buying end of it probably won't work that well, but I still like the idea.

I liked watching the Sentry Bot in action, something else I should try.

Haha, Lyosha's leotard and ballet shoes don't look quite up to the rigors of the obstacle course, but they held up surprisingly well!

I thought at first Oceanography would be ideal for a Plantsim, but then yeah, salt water :no: not so good...
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
There was just a little of the last rank left. If I'd realized how close the Rummage Basement was to level 10, I would have gotten it there last season.
I've thought about trying to make the Rummage Basement a consignment shop for the whole town, but I can't really figure out how to do it in a streamlined fashion. The bookkeeping would be a nightmare.
The Sentry Bot + gnome combination turned out to be a lot of fun.
I pretty much just get sims a new everyday outfit after birthdays, so some of the other choices end up...interesting.
Poor Stepan seems to come home a bit wilted after every day on the high seas.
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Love your idea of starting the update with a family picture since it helps us readers know what family we're going to be seeing in the update! I would love to start doing that the next time I update, if you don't mind me 'borrowing' your idea :) Congrats on helping Brittany achieve her LTW of owning 5 top businesses, that's always a tough LTW to achieve! I also enjoyed the little storyline of Akim getting to see his alien mother :) The Sentry Bot definitely stole the show this update! Well done, great update!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Mar,
Spoiler:
I started doing the family picture because I always seem to have a hard time keeping track of who's who when reading stories. You're quite welcome to steal it! I've certainly stolen enough ideas myself.
5 top businesses is tough, but it does have the advantage of making families who complete it very wealthy.
Akim had a great time meeting his mom! The Sentry Bot was a lot of fun.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Funny how sometimes sims'/pets' aging plus some tampering with the age spans leads to "whoops, that one is older than the parents". I know I've gotten siblings out of order sometimes.

Congrats on the 5 top businesses! That one is such hard work! :faint: But goes well with a BaCC of course.

That seems to have been a good way to avoid teenage drama so far. Rufina surely appreciates it.

I do the same thing with sims who try to sneak off to bed too early, stick them on the couch with a book.

Glad Akim enjoyed meeting the aliens!

Oh yeah, the hilarious forgotten exercise outfits. I've had someone jog past a lot in that exact same outfit, it was rather amusing. :D

Aww, I like Alon the paper boy, I hope he and Lyosha get along well. :)

I wish losing weight was as easy in real life, too. Or maybe it's just the fancy yoga poses, the kind that Brittany can do. Maybe they are the magic, because I can't get to those positions even long enough to fall on my face. ;)

Maybe it's the salt water indeed. Good thing the family has the toy!

I guess at some point you'll run out of things to do for Reno Day, unless you want to completely change the house or something. Curtains are nice, I tend to forget about them entirely.
Fun update! :) And so close to 10,000!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 5/28/16

Post by raebeth47 »

Update! Summer 4: Fairchild

Katrisims, thanks for the detailed comment!
Spoiler:
In this case, Snickerdoodle was sold to Stepan as a puppy at the end of the rotation, and then played through the same rotation. Fortunately Kibble of Life was there to help.
If it were a challenge other than a BaCC, that 5 top businesses want would not be getting filled very often.
No comment on the Zinaida-Eric-Rufina love triangle, as Eric makes his own decision in the recently posted update.
Kids are always trying to go to bed at 7 pm. That definitely means it's time for some mandatory skilling.
Always fun sending knowledge sims to meet the aliens!
Terrible exercise outfits and formal wear always seem to manage to sneak in.
The poor townie teens. Now that I have a university, they'll probably never get married in as I'd have to play them through university first.
I like your theory about the yoga poses. No way I could get into them.
I love those water wigglers. I should have more houses get them.
Coming up with something to do for Reno Day is definitely an issue with some of the more established households. I've forgotten all about it a couple of times this season.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Loved the update!
Spoiler:
Quite a small family in comparison to some of your other ones! Although I reckon the dogs gave you plenty of work. Those parties Eric throws seem like fun! I should throw more parties for my Sims as well, it's a great way for them to get to know each other better, of course :) Looking forward to see what Eric gets up to in college!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update, I like the Fairchilds :)
Spoiler:
I thought it was funny that Sandy didn't make pottery for her store until after she gave the business to Davis.

I'm impressed with Eric's scholarships given the family's laid-back skilling requirements. Also gotta love those cash business perks for making even families focused primarily on enjoying themselves financially successful!

I initially did a double-take with Greta and Artur in the hot tub, it looks like he has the same hair as her father.

I don't remember ever training a dog to sit (beg?) before, that's cute. The dogs are interesting-looking, Nugget especially. Good tips on getting animals in the adoption pool vs. strays too.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I've been binge-reading this. Too many comments, so I'm just going to say that this is very engaging, and I love all the characters and all.

Also, you make me really want to do an official, by-the-book BACC.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”