Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/14/18

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/15/15

Post by raebeth47 »

Mar,
Spoiler:
I try to keep things organized. It's kind of essential with a town as big as Willow Valley.
Noelle's the first sim I've ever had abducted 3 times.
I do love the outing gifts.
Unfortunately, this season is not going to be a big one for having babies, so I'll have to focus on getting the sim multiplier up instead.
Also, I have an update! Summer 4: Cooke is up.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
It was sad seeing Julien and Armando go, but I have never seen inheritance money like that go to so many Sims - wow!

Sad too that they couldn't get Brownie back.

Ugh, I don't like the helicopter pool either. And RL ones are just as painfully loud as Sims portray them.

The kids are all great, I just love Sharlene!

I love reading a BaCC that has come so far along in population!
Image Image
ISTJ
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I just spent the past week getting all caught up again. Willow Valley has gotten huge! I still can't imagine trying to keep up with everything.
It broke my heart to Armando and Julien go. They've around so long. And poor Brownie running away, maybe next season he'll show up.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
It was hard losing Julien and Armando, they've been around for so long. But 55 is definitely a record for me for inheritance, so there's that.
I'm hoping someone will find Brownie and return him at some point in the rotation. I've never had a pet run away before.
Generally I let sims go in the helicopter once, and then they either get a car or a new job.
Sharlene is probably my favorite, too. I changed the rule about college pretty much just for her, since she and Saveliy make a great couple.
I'm hoping to make 10k population this season! I'm not expecting many births - if I'm remembering right, Colin was the only one in town who was pregnant - so I might have to push for university donations.
Pony,
Spoiler:
I'll miss Julien and Armando and their walk-by friendings.
From what I've read, Brownie might show up when I'm playing another household, and I can have an active sim return him. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Spoiler:
Wow, that was quite a hectic household indeed! It was sad to see Julien and Armando go, but they've been around for a long time, so it was to be expected. Poor Brownie, though. :( I should really make sure to buy collars for all my pets.
I've been thinking of letting one of my Sims stars a candy shop as well, but I've always found those candy boxes so ugly xD It's a fun concept, though, so I think I'll download the candy maker and see what it's like in my game. :)
I love Willow Valley so much! Always makes me want to play my own game. To bad I probably won't have time for it today. :( Can't wait to read more of your BaCC!
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Such a busy household! Poor Drina getting rejected for her first kiss! :(
Merilyn and Emmie are so cute even if they're exactly the same copy of each other and I love you dressing them in matching outfits!
It's sad to see Armando and Julien go! :(
The Cooke family is also one very sociable bunch! They had sims over everyday!
Getting Colin to own a car and prevent the helicopter from coming is such a neat trick! That is one idea I am definitely going to find helpful in the future!
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Anne,
Spoiler:
The Cookes do get a little crazy. I was sad to lose Julien and Armando, but on the other hand it did make the household a little less busy.
I'd never had a pet run away before, and will definitely be making sure the pets have collars from now on.
The candy shop is not very profitable, but it's easy to level up (which is generally the case for stores selling less expensive items). I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when sims in the neighborhood eat the candy in their inventories.
I always want to play sims after reading sims stories, so I'm glad I'm having the same effect on others!
Mar,
Spoiler:
Hopefully Drina will have better luck when I'm actually playing her.
I've never had identical twins before, and I intend to make the most of it.
Losing Julien and Armando was a little rough, but expected. I spy on all the elders' lifespans in Sim PE, since I think it helps to know what's coming.
Given that the household was founded by two popularity sims, it makes sense it would always be full of people.
The helicopter annoys me, so I usually do have the sims own cars if I'm planning on keeping them in those jobs.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

:bounce:
Spoiler:
Love the candy store! Did Sims sometimes eat autonomously candy directly from the box even before buying it for you too? I had that one time... Freeloader...
What a gigantic family, and what a legacy left behind my Julian and Armando.
Sucks for Drina - she and Zinaida look cute together, and not just because they have the same hair :splat:
Congrats for Colin topping military... only sad thing is, that the astronaut suit really suited him...
:applause: :applause: :applause:
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 2/22/15

Post by raebeth47 »

Twilightoutside,
Spoiler:
I don't recall any customers eating candy, but the family members would grab some if they were the slightest bit peckish.
The funny thing is, I'd originally planned for Julien and Armando to only have 2 kids. Funny how that works.
It's funny, because Zinaida's definitely been having relationships with several people. But Drina will find somebody.
I think Colin looks pretty good in the general outfit, too.
And there's an update! A little drama for the Bruce family.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
Hooray, a cliffhanger! Was Catriona's pregnancy planned or an accident? It sounds like you had hoped she could still attend Uni, but the game wouldn't let her? Anyway, can't wait to see the plan she and her sisters came up with.

Okay, Andrea isn't exactly horrible, but obviously she's very selfish and an absolute pill to Catriona. That said, I love the portrait of her hanging on the wall!

Mireia turned out absolutely gorgeous!

At least you got a shot of the badge icon, I miss them at least 80% of the time.

How does Willow Valley like the bowling alley? I've been playing my son's Simself in a small one (3 lanes, a bar and a photo booth) I built for Mesa Vista, and it's a decent Sim magnet, and the animations are fun. It just reached Level 4 charging an "average" §32 per hour. I definitely need to raise the price to reach the §30K+ income goal I've set for him. It also brings in good First Date candidates.

Seeing Bigelow and Billy makes me want to work on getting the Pet careers topped. Not in any hurry for it, just realized between yours and Nemo's, that was something flying under my radar.
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
Catriona's pregnancy was an accident, but it seemed to fit in with her storyline. She's not due to go to uni for a while; I was just trying to send her to school for the day.
Andrea's portrait is one of my favorite. But yeah, she hasn't been good to Catriona at all. I imagine she would have some choice words about the pregnancy.
Mireia is quite lovely. She's still got a year left of Uni, but right now the plan is for her to get together with Michael.
So far the bowling alley seems pretty popular. The average ticket price is around $56, I believe, which is pretty good for a venue business.
I need to get more pets into jobs. Maybe I could establish some sort of "pets" fund that pet job money could go into. For something. Hmm.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 4/4/15

Post by raebeth47 »

Update! Picaso 1 is up!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Looks like Carme's having a good time! When you first mentioned Matthew and Bruno, my first thought was "I don't remember Matthew having a partner!" :splat:
Spoiler:
At first I thought you were going to make her have 50 dream dates with 50 different Sims! Wow, almost instant Business Tycoon too, that's great! :D

Can Sims build skills on their own community lots or do you have a hack to allow that? I think it's dumb that the game only allows skilling at home (or I'm dumb for not knowing they could!).

Would adding an actual business district to place more businesses help, or just put more stress on your game? If I keep the vast majority of MV businesses on the one side of the bridge, I'll be running out of room soon too. But I'm adding actual business districts, though not for every one I earn.
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Lorin,
Spoiler:
Carme is definitely enjoying herself. I'm trying to reform myself of always having to have my sims have a gazillion babies, and she's my first test case. Of course, since she's not contributing to the playable sim count, I expect her to contribute to the Sim Multiplier instead, but she's doing that nicely.

I was trying to send Carme on dates with different sims as much as possible, because she had a want for 20 first dates locked all season, but I wasn't trying to have every date with a new sim.

I do have a community lot skilling hack, but I think sims can build skills on their own community lot without it.

I have a business district in the game, and plenty of space. So far the neighborhood's running fine, but I'm a long way from 50k. So I figured, best to stay ahead of things and limit the number of actual new businesses placed.
maryselorraine
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Malta

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by maryselorraine »

Spoiler:
Oooh I wonder where that storyline with Catriona is heading? Looking forward for more :) I love Hector and his blue leg! :3 He's adorable! Carme got quite some action this round! The whole leaving with the date bouquet thing was hilarious!! I've never had that happening to me in game! Must have been some sort of glitch but it was a funny thing to witness! xD
Hi! I'm Maryse :)

ImageImage
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Mar,
Spoiler:
Definitely enjoying Catriona's little plot!
I decided to let Carme do whatever she want as an adult, so she's doing it.
Not sure what was up with the date bouquets. They were left perfectly normally after that.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Another fun update!
Spoiler:
Carme seems to have tons of fun as an adult! Any "accidental" pregnancy in her future? ;)
I always really love to see how you play your game! It's fun to see you play such a small family as well. :) Can't wait for more!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
It cool seeing all the college grads come home :D/ Carme and Matt just settled right back in. She's doing really well for herself this season. :D
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 7/26/15

Post by raebeth47 »

Apparently missed some replies. Sorry about that.
Anne,
Spoiler:
Carme's definitely having fun! Any pregnancy will truly be an accident, unless Carme rolls a want to settle down with one of her dates. I'm trying to train myself to not make all my sims get married and have kids. It's definitely different playing a household of 2 compared to the usual cast of thousands.
Pony,
Spoiler:
I think Matthew's glad to have Carme back. He is a Popularity sim, after all. I definitely prefer not to have single sim households if possible.
And, at long last, I have an update!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Willow Valley, a BaCC: updated 7/26/15

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi, glad to see you and Willow Valley back!

Jessica is adorable as an elder, and I love Pau too.

Wow, Ariel's looks are a trip!
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”