GageNation BACC - June 2, 2018

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: GageNation BACC - Feb. 8, 2018

Post by Twilightoutside »

Hi - started reading your BaCC and loving it, because:

[insert all the intelligent stuff other people already said, because I'm too uncreative to have anything new to say - waiting patiently for a free weekend to come up with something and replace this filler] :spam:

- as for your problem with Kiera and Krampus, being stuck on the Community Business sounds like you have an invisible visitor stuck as well - did you try this solution?:

http://modthesims.info/t/556700

Good luck! :heartbeat:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: GageNation BACC - Feb. 8, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you, Twilightoutside! I will DEFINITELY give that a try. Gage's week will be up soon, and I'll include a Kiera update in that, as well, to let you know if your method worked.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: GageNation BACC - Feb. 26, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Gage Uglacy's second week as Father of GageNation is up!

Spoiler: I try Twilightoutside's trick to get Kiera back and playable.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

:sigh: okay, so the solution made it worse...
Spoiler:
- I'm afraid to suggest that... but only other idea,since the lot seems to be really screwed, might be the insimenator http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/to ... 226.0.html
- Use the Summoner to summon Kiera and Krampus to a lot, then the Family tree adjuster, to add them to the household...
Okay, I shut up now... :guilty:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh! Add to household with a cheat? I'll have to see if that could work. I don't have Inseminator, but maybe SimBlender or the Batbox might work. Or the Tombstone of Life and Death? It's worth a try.

I DO appreciate the suggestions, really! Even if they don't work, it's something new to try, and I learn something new each time. For example, I now know that I can teleport away actually invisible sims, with the SimBlender, so if another sim gets stuck on a community lot, that will be my first go-to fix to try, and I also learned NEVER to delete a sim when you're at a community lot. I've done it at home, and it was OK, but not on the community lot. ANd I also learned to do daily back-ups of the neighborhood.

Thanks for your suggestions, and thanks for reading!
Anya

Post by Anya »

I use InSIMenator to fix glitches all the time, and not being able to use it while playing challenges makes me squirm a bit. It is definitely worth a shot!

Alternately, if you still want to kill Kiera, I have a few suggestions for how to do so very effectively...
Spoiler:
Method 1: Suspicious Pool Ladder Accident
Get a playable and Kiera into the pool. Make the playable get out. Take away pool ladder. Wait.

Method 2: Survival Island, Except It's Not Minecraft
Get Kiera into a corner of a lot. Build a pond around her so that she cannot possibly find food or other basic needs. Wait. Depending on the season and what she chooses to do while there, you may end up seeing her die by hail, lightning, heat, freezing, or even satellite; otherwise, she should eventually succumb to starvation.

Method 3: A Nice Sneak Preview of Hell
Invite Kiera over, get her in a corner of the lot, and build walls around her to pen her in. Have the playable Sim start cooking something, then, while it's cooking, place the stove in the Room of Fire (moveObjects may be necessary for this). Place something flammable in front of the stove so that Kiera can't reach whatever it is. Since nobody is attending to the cooking, the stove should catch fire. For best results, have the playable Sim cook something towards the top of their repertoire as determined by their Cooking skill; that'll make it more likely to catch fire faster. Once that happens, watch as Kiera is consumed by the flames.
Alternately, trap Kiera in a room with nothing but a fridge and a grill. She'll eventually get hungry, and may try to grill something, leading to an instant fire like the one you used to get rid of Clovis's crappy starting stuff in the Badass Alphabetocalypse. It's a bit of a gamble, though, because she might just grab juice or an instant meal.
You could also just use a lit fireplace... after a certain amount of time those are all but guaranteed to catch fire.

Method 4: Food for Worms Flies
Build a crappy little shed on a part of your lot and slowly fill it with plates. Leave some space open by the door so your Sims can go in without fear of the Swarm. Once the food is all spoiled, invite Kiera over and call her into the shed. Get your Sim out of there, delete the door, and place an enticing object such as a pinball machine or bubble hookah across the room, so that she has to step over all the nasty plates to get to it. The flies will eat well that day.
I've kind of been thinking about Sim-killing methods a lot lately... you'll see why in the next chapter of my Uglacy.

As for other things... wow, your poor Simself. Thank goodness high relationship scores take care of the chemistry issue, because Family/Romance is one of the worst dings to chemistry in the game.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Drowning. So simple. So classic. Why did I not think of that? I blame the pain pills. I mean, I've been doing death-moats since the original Sims.

Well, there's no room on Sandy Bruty's lot, but Christa has a nice big open space, perfect for a ladderless pool.
Spoiler:
I didn't know you read my Badass Alphabetocalypse. I'm so proud of that one. I do want to try it again, using the boolprop/newspaper thing, instead of the job board that gives you a job as if it were a computer. OOOOOH! You just gave High Drama Llama an idea and an outlet for his frustration. If he ever gets Krampus back, he'll make sure that the next business district is "Apocaland," and send Krampus there as soon as he ages into an adult. He'll wipe out all of Krampus' skills and talent badges and set him up on the lot with a "magic newspaper," which takes up a free inventory slot, so that it can always be kept throughout the generations, and never be stolen. Then Krampus Uglacy can found the new BadassUglacy (or something similarly named) family, and do an apocalypse there. And when they "unlock" a university, they still can't go until/unless GageNation, itself, founds it. Which means that all the other kids in GageNation who want to go to college will have to go under apocalypse conditions! Although, since they're not in the direct apocalypse line, they could have dorms and greek houses. OOOOOOHHHH! Now that is a goal I want to strive for, oh yes, indeed! Thank so much for giving me the idea! And if not Krampus, then Crampos, the alien boy that Gage WILL give me, as soon as the aliens take him.
OK, now I have to see about drowning Kiera. You know, a ladderless drowning pool doesn't have to be too big, or stay for too long. I think it wouldn't hurt to stick it in Sandy Bruty's back yard. Hmmm, I wonder who would inherit her businesses?

I'd rather do that than Inseminator, because my small experience with Inseminataor was, let's just say "frightening." Of course, I also had ACR at the same time, and having Sim!Snape and Sim!Ron woohoo... There's just not enough brain bleach in the world. Oh, wait. Was that Inteenimator, instead? I don't even know. It's been, like, a decade. Anyway, I'll try the traditional methods first. After all, the whole idea of playing with minimal mods was to avoid even worse problems, right? I'm adding things in gradually. VERY gradually. I think my next mod to add will be the one where it stops sims from being stupid about where they put their coffee cups. Although I also want Paladin's time clock for businesses, with the option to automatically pay fair wages, so you don't have to chase the employees all around giving them a raise every time they earn a new skill point or talent badge. Although, I CAN do without it. In fact, sometimes, I prefer to just set everyone to "overpaid," so that they will work longer. Fairly paid workers take more breaks, but an overpaid worker will work a full eight hours, straight, so I can keep the break room for my owner, alone. In fact, Gage's grocery store doesn't even have a toilet, at all. It just has a couple of thrones. Did I mention I love witches? OH, hehehe. I did cheat a little last night, while I was playing Sandy Bruty. She was dating at The Shop (with no toilet), and since her dates were keeping her moods completely topped, I didn't think it was that big a deal to do a maxmotives or two, after the employees peed themselves. IT's not as if it affected the player character, anyway. Yeah, I think I'll go with the coffee cup mod today.

I'm almost finished with Sandy's week (I played a whole lot, yesterday), so you will see the results quite soon, I'm sure. And since I'm in extra pain today, I'll be on extra pills, which means that the ending should be surreal, for me, at least. We'll see what happens. Yep, already going googly-eyed. I have to stop typing, now. Love you Bye!

Edit: Nope. Changed my mind. I can live with the coffee cups. I'm getting a surprise! instead. Couldn't find the coffee cup hack, but I did find something I simply HAVE to try out TODAY.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: GageNation BACC - Feb. 27, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

And another update! Sandy Bruty's second week is posted here.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Spoiler:
Yay :#1: - Krampus is back, and adopted!

As for Kiera - I suspected that she can't be killed, being stuck in her screwed up Business/Hotel Lot...well, that's one way to achieve immortality...

Did you try the Sim Blender on her as well first? Or went straight for the attempted kill? Is the option for her to be moved in available? Remember, theoretically, you have to play every household the same amount of time, so Kiera.... :timebomb:

Congrats for Sandy getting her 20 Woohoos! I'm usually avoiding slap fights, as it gets in the way of going through with it, but it's so much more fun to watch... :smiley:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Twilightoutside!
Spoiler:
I would say, "Kiera is dead to me," but frankly, I'm just not fussing about her now. I may, MAY, fuss about her later on, with an "adoption," should circumstances warrant. There is a possibility, a single possibility, for which I am keeping that option open. If that doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. At least Krampus is playable. And since Kiera was a NPC to start with, it's as if she's gone back to her former status. But I am keeping the "add to family" option open for one particular scenario. I won't tell you what it is, because with my luck, it wouldn't work, anyway. And not for a generation, at least, because it will require a male descendant, who is not Krampus. The scenario? Let's just say, "Dark magic gone horribly wrong," and that Anya would hopefully be happy. Of course, Michelle, at least, has to keep going until she gives Gage twelve sons, so that raises the chances of the scenario happening. In the meantime, the game has given me an antagonist, that I can't even control! :shiftyeyes: I'm kind of happy about that, actually, because although I enjoy plot, my playstyle is more observational, and I only rarely manipulate things into being plotty. I don't have to manufacture a villain, now, because I already have one! High Drama Llama is, well, happy is not the right word, but getting a drama fix, at least.

Man, I didn't even SHOW all of the boings and slaps! :dizzy: That chapter was getting too long. Nery's boing just made me laugh, though, because he had been just so clueless before, multiple times, and then all of a sudden, he notices? Sandy is going to have no newspaper or upright trash can for a long time. It's not my favorite LTW, but it's one I almost always wind up actually completing for the sim, whether I want to, or not. Except in an apocalypse, without a medical lift and birth control. I have to tell you, though, I just fell in love with Sandy this chapter.

And I just realized that I am so grateful this challenge is not actually scored, because plot beckons, and I have an idea. High Drama Llama is not simply a narrator. He's a character in his own right. Yes, HD is a male. He's not me as the narrator. He's himself. I'm the Grand Llama. That's canon, folks!

:rofl: That just gave me ANOTHER idea! Ooooooh! Off to the notebook, Batman!
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Oh, this is so cool! I read the Uglacy back in the day, and it's so cool to see Gage back! I love how your BACC is going.
Anya

Post by Anya »

Oooh, an update! AND THE CHRISTMAS DEMON IS SAVED! HAIL SATAN!

("Hallelujah" didn't really seem appropriate in context.)
Spoiler:
I'm looking forward to seeing how you end up dealing with Kiera... I wonder if her immunity to death would extend to drowning? It works pretty differently than a lot of the other deaths, so it might manage to break through her bizarre immortality.
Also, even though Krampus is back, I still kinda want to see Gage have an alien baby. The genetics would be fascinating, and the sheer hilarity of Gage getting probed in the butt by bug-eyed pollination technicians just never gets old.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Avenie! Gage is not mine, he's Candi's but used with permission. He's just so much fun.

Anya, LOL! You're right about that! An angel choir just doesn't fit, at all.
Spoiler:
I have no idea. But I'll tell you what. If she CAN be made playable, again, High Drama Lllama (I actually edited that from calling him "HD," myself!) will never forgive her.
Yeah, I want an alien Gage baby, too. That just never gets old.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Even if it didn't work out exactly how you imagined, I'm glad you found a way to get Krampus back into play!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So am I! Thanks, simsterlyrock! I already have big plans for my "demon child."
jckgwk

Post by jckgwk »

Cant wait to see those plans Michelle
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm afraid you'll have to, because Krampus has to grow up, first. He needs to be an adult for it. But you know, it's kind of amazing just how fast the kids do grow in this game. Especially if you don't wait around for the game to force them to grow up. Hooray for birthday cakes!

I'm playing Christy Inada's week now. You know, I could swear she was Christa Inada in every other neighborhood, but in this one, she is clearly labled as Christy. She is not the best parent, but I've seen worse. The week's almost over, and all the Inada/Wendland kids are born and learning how to be self-sufficient.

Thanks for reading!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Just binge read the entire thing last night. Oh dear lord Gage is founding a nation? You're mad.
Spoiler:
Glad you finally got Krampus back, but geez Kiera is just not dying is she.
Thought the store idea was unique at first, but glad you were able to fix everyone's look.
I'm sure your plans for the demon child will be amazing once they get rolling.
Well Gage dodged the bullet on alien babies...you do have to wonder just how bad a Gage alien would actually look though....
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I'm getting a brand new, zippy-woo computer! I'll be able to host parties with more than two guests!

I've been WAY distracted, lately, anyway, and now this is coming soon, so I'm basically on hiatus, until I get the new computer. But that should be very soon.

Mystery, thanks for your comments! I do look forward to more madness. Gage is a blast!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: GageNation BACC - June 2, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Finally! Christy Inada's Week 2 is posted here.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”