Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 22, 2021

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated January 3, 2015

Post by Lorinsv »

Congrats on finishing your seasonal rotation!
Spoiler:
Something interesting I noticed: Blueberry Gretchen's and Camryn's careers are switched around in MV :disco:

Lucky Elijah! I like Camryn Lee, she's really pretty, I'm glad she'll (hopefully) be moving in soon.

Aww, I enjoyed reading about Henry and Sarah, and the foibles of committing to someone before you really get to know them. It actually helps me engage with my own households if I give them a personality quirk here or a little motivation there...

:pan: But the challenge comes first!

The stadium looks great!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Lorin! I figured it was about time to upload these, since it's been ages since I finished Spring 2 :')
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure they're both in Culinary in my game, though, and perhaps even both Hostesses. What're their careers in your game?

Yes, Camryn seems to be quite a catch! I never played her before, but I really like her with Elijah, so that'll definitely be happening if it's up to me (which it is :P )

That's exactly why I made up the story as well. Two elders living together in an apartment? Boring! But if you throw a little plot (and a child) in the mix, things suddenly start to become much more interesting. :)

I'm glad you like it! It's a bit big compared to the rest of the buildings on the island, but I really didn't feel like building my own sports lot :') Plus, I thought it was a nice idea to have Blueberry Island have their own football team (in my head).
skilynn

Post by skilynn »

I really like reading your challenge and it makes me consider doing my own BaCC. :spin:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thank you, Skylinn! This challenge is so much fun, so I'd definitely recommend starting your own :D
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I've gone and been late again! :duh:
Spoiler:
I love Sarah's face when she's getting engaged. She's just... I don't even know how to describe it. Almost manic. :rotfl:

I'm glad Elijah's found his lady, even though you're making us wait until summer to see them actually truly together, and that Henry and Sarah are making things work. Caryl must have felt just really awkward all the time to begin with. XD Very good couple of updates here! Can't wait to see more!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, I haven't read this since November, and missed quite a bit. Your neighborhood is starting to boom! This is a very engaging read, and I love what you are doing with your lots. The theater, in particular, is fantastic, and I foresee some lovely entertainments happening there.
Spoiler:
wow - the late-life family is going to be interesting! Hey, have you considered using SimBlender to remove her familial relationships, so she's more foster-child than adopted child, and maybe that friendship with her "nephew" can blossom into something in the future?

I love the bit where he asks if he missed anything interesting during his nap. "Nah." LOL! No, nothing interesting. Just adopted a child, is all. ROFL! Still, he took it quite well, I should say, even while he stood up for himself and said not to do anything so big without discussing it, first, so that's a good thing for their marriage, if she bears it in mind, when she wants to adopt another one. Bunkbeds are available, after all...
Regarding the nursery confusion - that was actually my first thought when I read the rule, and English IS my native language! :duh: Your English is so good, I frequently forget that you are Dutch, but then, you study English from your middle years at school, don't you? In America, studying a second language isn't even available until high school, usually.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Keika
Spoiler:
Ha, that seems like a pretty good way to describe Sarah! She's, uhm, a bit strange. :shifty:

Lol, sorry! It seemed a bit unfair to still move her in, since the season was technically already over, although nobody would have known and it doesn't really matter anyway. :P I'm looking forward to letting her move in, though, because she seems like fun! I like her with Elijah :) I'm also excited to play Henry, Sarah and Caryl again, see what happens there!

Thanks for your comment, Keika! :D
Michelle
Spoiler:
Thanks Michelle, I really appreciate that! I build my lots mostly for functionality, but I want to spruce them up a little so the town looks good. :) I had a blast building the theatre! I'll probably never use it, but it's fun to think of events taking place there.

Hmm, that could be fun, to let Caryl not be actually related, but I don't want to mess with mods and stuff like that too much, so I think I'll leave it like this. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'll keep it in mind.

Hahaha, I think another kid would be the end of their marriage XD And that apartment would just explode, probably. I also think Sarah has learnt her lesson after Henry got angry with her.

That nursery thing is just confusing! Thanks for the compliment about my English, though! :hug: I had English in school from when I was about 10 I think, so yeah, we learn it pretty early on. But I have a BA in English Language as well, so that's where my proficiency mainly comes from. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

English is a really weird language. 95% of the spelling rules only apply to about 5% of the words. The rest, you just have to memorize. We have multiple words for the same meaning, and then we also have single words with multiple meanings, and they're frequently completely unrelated, as if we had a root word from this language, to mean X, and another root word from another language to mean Y, and over the years, they both mutated to the same spelling, even though they have completely different etymologies. It's really bizarre. Then again, English is a Germanic/Latinate/Greek language, with a bunch of other stuff thrown in thanks to colonization and appropriation.

It's a very difficult language to master. In fact, most native speakers don't master it!

Also, we don't seem to have any word that quite expresses the same meaning as "gezellig," which is a pity, because I love that word. We use it in my family, because it's just such a good word, and "cozy" just doesn't cover it.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

True! Same goes for Dutch, though. Apparently it's one of the most difficult languages to master for a foreign learner. Ahw, that's so much fun that you guys use "gezellig"! It's one of my favourite words in the Dutch language, specifically for that reason. :)
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great updates!
Spoiler:
Love the Dawsons, and the late in life restart for Henry. Sarah is a fun one - I've aged her down in a couple of 'hoods and moved her in once.

Always fun to see a Romance sim playing the field.

And I love Camryn! I do see what you mean about her looking similar to Christy.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Raebeth!
Spoiler:
I had to figure out a way to make playing Henry and Sarah fun, and this certainly did the trick! I've never played her before, but she's been a hoot so far.

Single Romance Sims are always such a nice change from all the families.

Ha, yes! Definitely going to change that hair as soon as she moves in!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 5, 2015

Post by Anne »

There's a new update! The first one of the new season: Robinson
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 5, 2016

Post by Lorinsv »

Loved the update!

:o Weather forecasts in the game never occurred to me - it's great learning new things from other players' stories :yes:
Spoiler:
I was going to ask you about the crates, but that might be too much work for me too. Regardless, that's a lovely greenhouse garden. Hmm, haven't used sprinkler for the fruits and veggies before (flowers though, yes), but they would really help, and reading up on them, they take the guesswork out of when to water which would make a larger garden more manageable. Hmm...

BaCC burglaries are always nice :twisted:, but what an awesome twist of fate this time opening a LTW career!

Can't wait to see the Meadowen baby!
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Spoiler:
Nice update! I love Meadow, and she does make pretty kids. She should mix well with your good looking families.

I've downloaded those packing crates, but never actually used them. Never had a family that grew that much produce.

That burglary came at a fortuitous time!
Lili

Post by Lili »

Lovely update!
Spoiler:
I haven't had a fruit and vegetable shop yet, but it's good to know that about the crates.

I'm sorry you had to replay a day. That tree is buggy, Cyjon has a fix for it.

(And congrats on the sixth burglary :drinks: )
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 7, 2016

Post by Anne »

I'm back with another update! Summer 3: Walker :D

Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks! Haha, glad to be of help! You can catch them on the TV as well ;)
The crates are really a lot of fun in theory, and they look really good, but I think it just takes too much produce to keep that up. Or I should just run the store like only once a season, that's an option, too. I'm not sure yet! The sprinklers are a life safer for me - they're so handy!
I was so happy when that burglar showed up, lol. Too bad Owen couldn't find a job yet, though.
Me too! Thanks for reading and commenting, Lorin. :D
Raebeth
Spoiler:
Thank you! I'm glad I've finally been able to marry in Meadow. :) I'm really looking forward to seeing those kids, too! I think they're going to have quite a few of them, what with both of them being Family Sims.
The packing crates are a lot of fun, and look nice, but it does take a LOT of produce to fill them up. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to have Owen sell them, or if I'm just going to let him sell single fruits and vegetables...
I was so happy about that burglary, haha! Now let's hope Owen finds that job soon. :)
Thanks for commenting, Raebeth! :hug:
Lili
Spoiler:
Thank you!
The crates look really good, but they take a whole lot of produce... Not sure about them yet!
Oooh, thank you! I love that tree, so that fix will definitely come in handy!
Thank you, and thanks for your lovely comment! :)
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

Spoiler:
What a great update! I was so happy you were able to get George to grow up, that's so special, and I can't wait to see their lives together.

I love Blueberry Island, I'm definitely going to need to give it a good reread.
Uta No Prince Sama!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Spoiler:
Thank you! Yes, I was very happy to be able to get George to grow up, because he's so awesome and really adorable together with Rachel. :)
Aww, thank you, that's so sweet! :hug: Thank you for reading!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
Caroline and Rachel are both gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing them as adults.
I like the restaurant! It looks nice and homey.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Aww, what a nice update - all the girls are beautiful and I look forward to seeing how they carry on the Walker torch. Blueberry Island is growing up :)
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”