Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 22, 2021

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 12, 2017

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

I had more for Summer 3, but my internet connection ate it, sigh.

Fall 3
Spoiler:
I like the name Isaac.

How is Dobby still alive? He's been around almost as long as Mittens!

Zoe and Maddie are going to have such dramas in their new apartments...

Your island is going to be overflowing with redhead sims. :)

Everyone's having drama in the Dawson family...

Hooray! University!

Booo, Sarah died!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 6, 2017

Post by Anne »

Thanks for the comments you guys! I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I'll post some more elaborate replies later (if I remember, oops), but I do really appreciate you taking the time to comment!

For now, here's a new update! Walker 2
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 6, 2017

Post by Lorinsv »

All caught up, congrats on the new BD and passing 1000 population!
Spoiler:
Lee:
The race to beat the baby is on! Still, Elijah in a Life of Crime from a journalistic standpoint sounds plausible to me :P Quite a few MV residents have the Criminal LTW that doesn't fit their characters :pan:

Aww... Goodbye, Sarah. Even though she didn't get to enjoy the new apartment for very long, it was definitely enough, and it was easy to see that she died happy. Her and Henry's adoption of Caryl is one of my favorite Blueberry Island stories :)

Walker:
Caroline and Claire are a cute and fun household. I think the bubble blower will ensure the club's success. The bar is also popular with my MV peeps, how did it go for you?

I like how much you're utilizing apartments, the girls' rooftop scene was cool.
Nice updates, I'm really enjoying your BaCC :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 7, 2017

Post by Anne »

There's a new update! Walker 3

---

Replies!

Scribale_Goddess
Spoiler:
Thanks for all your comments! I'm glad you're enjoying it :D
Running the restaurant was surprisingly easy. I'd done it before (once, I think), so I did know a little bit about how it should be done - or at least, how it can be done succesfully.
The dazzle thing can be worn out? Wow, I never knew that - definitely good to know! Although, I've never seen it quite as uneffective as with Andrew before or after playing him.
I was so surprised by the teen woohoo thing, haha! I kind of like the randomness of it though, so I think I'm keeping it on.
The bookstore was fun to run! I took a look at the sellable novels thing, but decided it was too much hassle lol.
About changing the name of the business: I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can just change it in the neighbourhood view, just like with any other community lot.
The "grow up with me" thing has never gone completely smoothly in my game lol. I've never used the Sim Blender though. Is it safe?
Thanks! I'm pretty fond of the pet store too! :D
Lol I'm pretty sure those hamster/guinea pig type of things can live FOREVER :')
Yep, lots of redheads, and I'm loving it! :D
Michelle
Spoiler:
Thanks Michelle! I'm glad you still like it. Inserting a little bit of drama here and there is quite fun!
I'm not sure if I'm going to keep doing it, though, because I don't want it to get out of hand lol.
Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks Lorin! :D It was quite the milestone!
Haha, yes, the Journalism thing was the only way I could justify Elijah going into Crime for myself. Hoping he reaches the top soon!
Sarah's passing was quite sad, but I knew it was coming, and she had lived a pretty fun life on the Island!
Thank you, I'm happy with how that story turned out as well :) Looking forward to see how Caryl will live her life.

That bubble blower is a straight up hit! I haven't played the lot since this update, and I don't think I've had other Sims visit it yet, but I think it'll be quite popular indeed. I love how it turned out to look :)
The apartments are fun to play! I'm just making sure in building them that none of the different apartments have adjoining walls, because I hate that noise thing :')

Thanks Lorin! :D I'm glad you're still liking it!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 7, 2017

About sim blender, since you asked:

The actual hack is safe. Any townie who can grow up using the "grow up with me" interaction can be moved in via vanilla methods or sim blender or set to controllable via a hack, and aged up. (To send them to college you will need to add them to some playable household.)

The only thing to watch out for in sim blender is that the NPCs you should not interact with (grim reaper, carpool driver, leader of the pack, etc,) will appear on some of the sim blender menus when they're on the lot. Don't interact with them and everything will be fine.
Spoiler:
The club is cute! The bubble blower alone will probably earn you stars, and it's very orange. Also, 50 dream dates is one of the easiest "challenge"
LTW's when you have a couple, especially considering that they're running a business.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 9, 2017

Post by Anne »

A new update! Do

Scribal_Goddess
Spoiler:
Ah, thanks for the explanation! I think my way works all right as well, using the InSIMenator if the "Grow up with me" thing doesn't work. Seems to be work in a similar way.
Yes, the bubble blower is a huge hit!
50 Dream Dates is pretty easy, but kind of tedious as well. I'm not sure yet if I'll fulfil it, but I'll probably cave and do it anyway!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 9, 2017

Spoiler:
Awww, Emily gets to live with her daddy!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 10, 2017

Post by Anne »

Yes, happy times! :D

And another update! McHero
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated July 13, 2017

Post by Anne »

Back with a new update! Harris 2
Only two more to go before the end of Fall 3!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Updates!
Spoiler:
I like Rachel's little bakery: I once had a deli that I did like that, but it was all sandwiches that required 1 or no skill points to make, so it didn't impress the sims. :)

The Mc Heros are very green!

Aww Zoe. I hope she finds someone. But 9 days is like... 3 sim years.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

You're keeping me busy, but I'm caught up for now :yoyo:
Spoiler:
Walker 3: Rachel and George are such a cute couple, and so is the bakery!

Do: Sweet update, I'm happy for Lilly and Eric and Emily :)

McHero (yay!): Mia (so pretty!) and Matt seem to be enjoying life on Blueberry Island, but then, who wouldn't after an Apocalypse? :) The two ponds flanking the walkway to the fish market is a nice touch.

Harris 2: I'm glad Zoe and Amber were both okay about cooling it for a while, even if it was a tad (realistically) painful for both. I enjoyed Zoe's drama with best friend/big sis Maddie last time, but I completely understand why you decided to smooth things over.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated August 11, 2017

Post by Anne »

Thanks for the comments, guys! I'm glad you're liking the bakery - I had so much fun building (and playing!) it. I'm also very happy to be playing the McHeroes again :D

I've got TWO update for you today. These two finish off this season. Hopefully I'll be back soon with Winter, but I haven't been able to play much lately. Anyway, enjoy! Dawson 2 - Uni
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated August 11, 2017

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice wrap-up updates. Blueberry Hall looks great!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated August 23, 2017

Post by Anne »

Thanks Lorin! :D

I'm back with another update! Winter 3 has officially started: Robinson.
I am going to try to actually update as I play this time - meaning posting an update as soon as I finish playing a family. We'll see how that goes! :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I've been updating before playing new households too, which partially explains the time gap in my updates lately :P

Anyhoo... the kids are cute, Isaac is all boy :)
Spoiler:
I bet you were just thrilled with Isaac's snow day with the triplets! Yikes! I will never install that hack, but I wouldn't mind giving three toddlers simultaneously a go. I attempted Toddlermania a few times some years ago during my Apocalypse phase, and I had to give up after the first couple of days each time - crazy! As for the newest Robinsons, hooray for genetic diversity!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! How did I manage to fall so far behind reading this?
Spoiler:
I am massively chuffed to see Molly, Jacob, and Oli doing so well for themselves, despite Phil Jerkmakisol and Nicole Passiveson.

It's pretty amazing just how interesting and engaging a BACC can be, without any sort of plot or manufactured drama with vile villains and evil schemes, and just basic people living their basic lives, with their basic problems and basic solutions. I love it!
Also, you build lovely lots, you do!

:drinks:
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I finally got around to reading all the updates, so I'm all caught up now and can't wait for more!
Spoiler:
I can't believe that Meadow had triplets. That's crazy! Good luck with it. I know that triplets would drive me nuts. Especially as toddlers. XD They're all super cute though, and I can't wait to see what they look like when they get older.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated October 25, 2017

Post by Anne »

There's a new update! Walker

---

Lorin
Spoiler:
I think a few curse words might have come out of my mouth when three babies appeared, haha! The genetic diversity is definitely fun, though. And with four adults, it's 100% doable.
Michelle
Spoiler:
Ha, I look those nicknames! :lol:
BaCC's are so much fun! Tons can be going on, even without that much plot.
Ahw, thank you so much! That made smile :D
Riss
Spoiler:
I'm so glad you're liking it! :D
Triplets can definitely be pretty stressful, haha. But with four adults around the house, it's definitely doable. :) I can't wait to see what they're gonna look like either! I love the diversity in their genes.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated October 25, 2017

Post by Lorinsv »

The park looks beautiful in the winter, and good thinking on the deck. It's nice when the Sims take matters into their own hands, I like Hannah and Orlando.

Cool makeover of Club Bigfoot. I've always liked the cityscape wallpaper, just never found a use for it. The museum looks good too, the only problem I've had with owned expensive lots is paying the taxes on them. Buuut... they're very nice to have around for date and outing destinations.

Really enjoyed the update!
Spoiler:
It took me back to the Shins' own winter wedding at the beginning of Mesa Vista :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated November 15, 2017

Post by Anne »

Thanks Lorin! Yes, I love Hannah and Orlando too for that. They're not really rolling wants for each other, so I wasn't sure what to do with them, but they figured it out on their own!

I love that wallpaper as well, and this was a perfect use for it! I calculate my business's taxes according to the business worth attached to each level (so 50,000 for a level 10 business and 20,000 for a level 4 business, for example) instead of actual lot worth, so that makes things easier :)

---

There's a new update! Burke

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”