Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 22, 2021

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 26, 2016

Post by Anne »

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Riss
Spoiler:
I totally get that! I'm usually all about the perfect lives as well, but I wanted to change things up on the Island since that makes things a bit more lively :D I guess we'll all have to wait and see what happens between Eric and Lilly :) I have my ideas about it, but I also look at their wants and behaviour.
Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks Lorin! That was exactly my aim. :) I like my Sims to have perfect lives, but I figured things need to be shaken up a bit on the Island!
I guess we'll have to wait and see! I always look at my Sims' wants and fears, but I also have some ideas about what I want to happen in their situation... Maybe they'll line up? I don't know yet!
Michelle
Spoiler:
Thanks for your lovely comment, Michelle! Exactly! The Island needs some more drama, but drama can be small drama as well. Eric is torn up about the whole situation, so for him it's probably high drama. But he does what he thinks is right. :)
Yes, I do have ACR installed. It can spice things up quite a bit :lol:
That time clock is such a life safer! I was SO annoyed by the whole "call in employees" thing and then they all come. That's not useful or realistic at all.
Raebeth
Spoiler:
Thanks Raebeth!
She doesn't, does she? She wants to be, but she's a bit too self-centred and lets Phil guide her too much.
I love Lilly so much, I just had her be a playable in the game, so this seemed like a pretty neat solution. :D I'm looking forward to playing both Eric and Lilly again and seeing what they'll get up to. :) I have my ideas about it, but I don't want to steer them TOO much - I'll also look at their wants and fears.
---

There's also a new update!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Woo, update! :D
Spoiler:
Nice that Elijah and Camryn's household has a bit of challenge already built-in, and yeah! businesses are perfect for her LTW! Camryn Lee is one of my favorites, and I'm glad to see her have a bit more normal of a life on Blueberry than MV :shifty:
Man, I see you and other players reaching lifetime aspirational permaplat, and I still haven't managed that yet. Oh well, something else to work toward... :plumbob2:
I love the sense of community when Blueberry's residents get together at weddings, etc. It's feeling like a real place!
Image Image
ISTJ
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Elijah and Cameron are so cute together. The gym is a lovely idea. I love how there's so many different ways to run business
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read Walker 2 - and again, it's just slice of life, no major drama, and still very interesting. I really like just watching the neighborhood expand, without worrying about stuff. It's relaxing. Blueberry Island is just so nice and chill.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great update!
Spoiler:
I love Camryn, and made a promise years ago to marry her into my own game sometime. Unfortunately, I have yet to keep that promise. Glad to see her getting moved into other neighborhoods! Now that they've had their wedding party, maybe they'll have the want to Meet Someone New...a very young Someone...
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated June 29, 2016

Post by Anne »

Lorin
Spoiler:
Camryn is a really cool Sim, and so pretty too :)
Wow, really? How strange! My Sims seem to reach permaplat just for being alive, if they've been born in game at least.
Thanks Lorin! :D That's exactly what I'm going for, and also what I like about the Island so much! :)
Pony
Spoiler:
I love them together as well! They feel like a no nonsense couple to me. :) And I love exploring all the different businesses you can run in this BaCC :)
Michelle
Spoiler:
Thanks Michelle! Although I want to add a little more drama here and there, I enjoy the nice and chill thing about the Island as well :)
Raebeth
Spoiler:
She's such a pretty Sim, isn't she? :) Ha, who knows... ;) Thanks for your comment!
---

There's another update! We visit the Dawson 2 family this time. :)
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I'm glad Sarah is having an easier time. Flower shops are one of my favorites, not just for the snapdragons. The inventory is inexpensive so lesser income families can run it with ease. Where did you find the elder job hack? It seems like a good addition to my game. Caryl is a teen yay! Sim kids grow up so fast.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Spoiler:
Yes, flower shops are one of my favourites too! Besides the reasons you mentioned, it's also just such a cheerful and pretty shop ^_^
The elder job hack is one from MATY and it's called noagediscrimination. I'm really happy with it in my game. Now elders can also actually try to reach career related LTWs.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Thank you! I always feel so bad for the townie elders. Now they'll get a chance to complete their LTWs
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great update!
Spoiler:
I like Sarah, and aged her down to marry her into one of my 'hoods. Glad she's doing well here also! And glad Caryl's doing well. She's got an interesting face, in a good way.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update, I like the different Dawson 2 family structure, and that they're living in an apartment!
Spoiler:
Magnolia Market is a nice name for a flower shop, and I also like the flower fencing you chose, I kinda forget that it's there.

Financially-strapped families are fun to play between more well-off families, and certainly give more meaning to those little monetary school awards.

I count owned and NPC community lots toward the "every 5 businesses" SM point. The military base is the only one that doesn't count.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated August 3, 2016

Post by Anne »

Raebeth
Spoiler:
Thank you! I like Sarah as well, but I'm glad I gave the couple a kid, because playing elders is so boring :') I really like Caryl too!
Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks, Lorin! I like the name as well :) I'm sort of using song names for the businesses (but low key) - Magnolia Market is named after Magnolia by JJ Cale :)
Yeah, I don't know how I didn't realise earlier that it's simply "community lots" and not "businesses". Oh well, now I know!
---

There's a new update! Walker 3
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated August 5, 2016

Post by Anne »

And there's another update! Summer 3 has come to a close with a visit to Lilly Do
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

All caught up and can't wait to see what happens next!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Jenn! I've been playing loads lately, so hopefully I'll update again soon - if I ever stop playing for long enough. :lol:
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Lol I've been having the same problem - need to get mine up too! But I'd rather play.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I just got all caught up again. I reread sometimes just because I like watching the neighborhood grow :D. I love Lilly so much, I married her in with Ethan in Arbor Watch. And she's on the list to marry in again in Silver Bend. I can't wait to see what happens with her and Eric.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

All caught up, congrats on finishing another season!
Spoiler:
Caroline and Claire make a cute couple. Nice use of the dormer window on the house. I haven't used dormers yet, but I've always loved the look of them.

Lilly and Eric have a rather unique relationship, but it seems to work for them, at least for now. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out with Emily as she gets older.

Nice updates, I like seeing a variety of family setups. :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 6, 2017

Post by Anne »

Thanks for the comments, guys!

For the first time in MONTHS... there's an update! Here's the first post of Fall 3: Robinson 1
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Blueberry Island - A BaCC - updated March 6, 2017

Post by Lorinsv »

Hooray for more Blueberry Island, and congrats on all that good RL stuff! :drinks:

I enjoyed revisiting your Nice Family Robinson. Isaac is too cute, loved him sleeping in Lemon's bed! Ben is cute too, it was sweet seeing him want to retire - after all those years of hard work, gotta take some time to smell the roses and enjoy the family :)

Thanks for posting a neighborhood shot, I like seeing how BaCC hoods come together.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”