Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -13160

Post by Twilightoutside »

Household Disc/Daughter Update Part 1 and Part 2!
- And I'm on vacation right now, so perhaps I'll finally get some time to catch up... or make more updates... or play the game... or another game... :dizzy:

@ Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Great Idea! Once I caught up with the chapters already played, I'll attempt to do this! Also, thanks for the broken link message - I copied the link wrong...
@lorinsv60
Spoiler:
I'll do my best, that they will visit the school... but it might take some time before we actually see them going to school, with all the other households being played first...
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -15176

Bump! :cheeky:

... more Updates it is: Household Disc/Servo Fall 2 Update Part 1 and Part 2!

... now I really need to and comment! :banghead:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1517

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Again, in awe of how you can run a game without BSOD'ing every time you open it...(Blue Screen of Death) I still miss your Apocalypse though, is that still around? Anyway, how long until you get vampires?
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay, moar Adventures in Simming! The lots are all just fantastic and I love watching your strategizing. Your subplot conversations are great as well, I totally feel like I'm listening in on real people talking/plotting, whatevs. Loved the hood shots at the end, and the sky effects add the perfect brooding atmosphere to the derelict Mosh Spicy Harbor.

Such a fun read! :D :plumbob2: :party2: :happyheart:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@lorinsv60
Spoiler:
Thank you! If I write a conversation, :chat: I just want a certain outcome - and then usually resort to parody, because there you can come up with the craziest stuff and people will find all of this completely normal, because that's what they expect from a parody...in some cases I then try to remove the parodistic element, hoping it will still result in a plausible conversation...

Also good job reminding me about the Mosh Spicy Harbor Sky :thup: - totally forgot that I added one to it this chapter...
@ Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
I'M surprised myself - but I have about 6-10 Backups of earlier saves available and I regularly check via the Hoodchecker by Mootilda.

Also, thank you Thank you THANK YOU!! - your question about the whereabouts of my apocalegacy actually drove me to finally - after 6+ Years(!) - overcome my writers block on this matter and complete the next chapter for

Far away From Eden, Ep. 9.3.999a !!!! :hug:

- I've already made Slideshows of the former Exchange Chapters 2 years ago on authorstream - honestly though I can't say, if I will continue the challenge... I played a bit further after this update but stopped before Apartment Life came out...
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Squee!! You finally listened to me! *tacklehug* So...soo much in this chapter I won't say too much since I think you should make a thread for you FAFE in the Apocalypse forum rather than in your BaMC one; but Bethoria in Sims 3!? :cover: Woe to the Republic...Woe I tells ya! :jawdrop: I know this was an old file and everything but I can send you my Sims 2 Simself in an email since my mediafire account was hacked and I was locked out by whatever new password the hacker put in it, if you want her of course.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Squee!! You finally listened to me! *tacklehug* So...soo much in this chapter I won't say too much since I think you should make a thread for you FAFE in the Apocalypse forum rather than in your BaMC one; but Bethoria in Sims 3!? :cover: Woe to the Republic...Woe I tells ya! :jawdrop: I know this was an old file and everything but I can send you my Sims 2 Simself in an email since my mediafire account was hacked and I was locked out by whatever new password the hacker put in it, if you want her of course.
DONE! Also: gimme, gimme! :bounce:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1605

Update! (starting to put in Generation Tags at the first page to see how far I can go...)

Household A-1
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1605

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay, update!
Spoiler:
So much going on in this chapter, lots of cool discoveries! Drinking skill points and meditating to LT permaplat :plumbob2: Yeah, more tycoon(s) too!

The businesses are great as always, and Malphaba's moon colony... well, why not? Definitely have to give the tree and vegetable growing mods a shot (domes are super cool too). I never would have made the connection of a Plantsim in conflict with harvesting trees, so it was a pleasant surprise to see nuts, syrup, nests and saplings instead! :happyheart:
Lol, those pesky moon cats and dogs were determined to stretch your 'splaining skills to the limit! :duck:
Next please... :bounce:
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1642

Post by Lorinsv »

Instant City fix - check!
Spoiler:
I was a little worried about the new plantsim templates when I saw the toddlers, but I like them a lot as adults.

Leafbag... :haha: Servos on autocorrect, yeah! :mutter:

The moon businesses look great. Love your holding pond for the water treatment facility.
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1642

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Liking the new Plant Sim mods I actually forgot that Sims 2 only has that default template for podlings, I got used to the diversity of the Sims 3 Plantsims. Been a while since my last comment, real life has kinda been dragging me down. Not all of it is bad I do have a new boyfriend now and he's fully willing and able to be there for me now that I need it. I don't know if I told you or not but I have MS, which is a neurological disease that affects my nerves. It is tolerable now, I can deal with it but I need to start my meds to keep me out of a wheelchair for the rest of my life because of it. It sucks and there are days where it hurts me or makes me so tired I sleep for 12-15 hours a day, I manage. Anyway, nice chappie and the pop jumps are always good to see. That 500 000 is getting closer every time.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1679

@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thanks - glad you liked it! Also Congratulations for winning in the Best Sims 2 Challenge Category! Also thanks for letting me use your water treatment facility idea. In hindsight, the water treatment was a bit strange for the moon colony with water on the moon, but... yes, I guess, colonisation will now go a lot less logical... :spin:
@ Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Thank you for your comment - and don't worry, as you can see from my thread count, I'm even lazier on commenting on others achievements... :sorry: ... because playing and RL take up so much time, that I have limited time to read, and when I want to comment, I end up not being able to come up with something, that hasn't been said a hundred times by now... :guilty:

Also: I'm sorry to hear about your illness and want to offer a hug :hug: - and not just because you were so supportive and finally got me to update FafE again, but generally because I now want to extend that idea of a hug to everyone reading this :hugs:

Also Congrats on winning three times in the golden plumbbobs! You deserve it!
Edit 01.05.2017: Don't wanna bump for this one - :no: still: Household A-3
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1679

Post by Lorinsv »

Colonizing the moon is a fun idea, gives new meaning to the "outskirts" of town :steer: Everything looks great too, and very clever how you got everyone into space suits!

Congrats as well on the new BD! :highfive:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1740

Update - it's a Two-Parter: A-4, Part 1 and A-4, Part 2 :crowded:

Once again - this was a test of: can I write something interesting without a story, any personalities or even any sense??? :nono:

... yeah, shame on me... at least I have even more Astronauts.... :mrgreen:

@lorinsv
Spoiler:
Thanks for the heads-up - and you are actually reading this? :pan:
*Note: you can skip everything this time, but I advise you to read Part 2, Slide 27-40.... :shhh:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yes, still reading, although the Sandy-speak, OMG, how did you keep that up? :dizzy: And those teeth! Glad those didn't stop her...

Don't know how counting space suits could be funny, but it was :wizard:

Ohai, Stephanie/Stephani, perhaps we meet again some time, some place... :spin: (she looks cute in the space suit!)
EEK! Socialize for your lives!
:haha:
Last edited by Lorinsv on July 30th, 2017, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So it was more like 116 space suits since you miscounted twice, I was actually keeping some sort of track. The Sandy speak I just kinda glazed over because it's too much for my brain in the heat of my room to process. I hate summer with no AC, it's brutal and I'm sticky all the time it sucks. Anyway, good to see you're still chugging along with this it's nice to see you back and about Boolprop.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Hi, you two !

@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Yeah, the Sandy-Speak... I had nothing to work with except the teeth, and the opposite speech was another brainfart...so yeah, Sandy is as twisted as her jaw.... :spin:
Just realized: Is Steph now called Stephanie, Stephani, Stephany... ?... :banghead:
@Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
... Oh Curses, Curses - I thought, nobody would notice the miscounting.... well, here's proof, that somebody actually paid attention... what do you say to that, Sims? Huh? Huh?! :diablo:
- Yeah, I'm not really present these days... :ghost: - the days continue to mock me by not providing enough hours to read, comment, play AND eat and sleep... :faint:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
Her file says Stephani :spin:
I had a childhood friend who spelled hers Stephane.
EDIT: Beatchya! :celebration:
Spoiler:
Building a big city and crunching the numbers FTW! 'Grats on another Tycoon :drinks:

The simcest is a little weird when generations the game counts vs. the short duration of the Plantsim life stages collide. Still, it's nice to see "normal" nooboos in Instant City for a change.

Jawusa's domes are really cool, and I'm glad that your vacation didn't cause too much disruption on Mare Momentum ;)
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1775

upda...
Lorinsv wrote: EDIT: Beatchya!
:banghead:

@lorinsv - Stop commenting my update (part 1) before I update (part 2) ! :nono:

Still - Thanks! :awesome:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”