Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 6 15-18 (Aug 19 2023) 9758

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-8 (Feb 21)

Post by Bouncer »

Finally caught up! Probably the first time where I actually finished reading this!
Spoiler:
Well I love all the different families you made. The green energy thing is a really cool idea, since I just realized opening Business Districts and Universities are what gives the huge population bumps.
Again having so much reading this, which gives me a few ideas on how I can mix up my own play style. Can't wait for more!!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nemo:
:hug:

Bouncer:
I'm happy you like it, thanks for leaving such a nice comment! :D I get a lot of ideas from reading BaCCs too :yes:

I'm working on a new update for the Green Energy Servos, hope it won't take too long...
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Not caught up yet, but that baseball diamond lot is genius.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! I finally finished binge-reading this. Very impressive, and quite a fun read, as well. I liked the characters, and the stories, and I totally understand toning that down, now that you have so darned much to do. I do hope that we see more of Zach's drama, though.

This is a really good game you have going here, and I'm eager to see more.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-9 (Mar 23)

Post by Lorinsv »

Scribal_Goddess: Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you like the baseball diamond! :D

Michelle: Thanks so much for taking the time to binge-read and leaving such a nice comment! I'll try my best to come up with something satisfactory for Zach's storyline.

New update with another nice boost in population is here:
Week 5, Part 9 - Burns
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay, congrats on the new private uni! Very interesting update. :) And Mesa Vista looks so cosy and nice! Can't wait to read more!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

:jawdrop: Finally time to reply! :heavybreathing:
Spoiler:
I'm not gonna say anything to the Energy lots at all because I'm obviously biased - but imagine me bouncing around with this stupid grin for a few hours :bounce:

Moving on: The overview for Mesa Vista is wonderful! All the lots fit right into the desert theme both in color and style, while the mammoth needle trees add the illusion, that it is a colder desert, with big changes in temperature - after all, we have winter there, so the colder desert theme works... :brrr:

You've already showed me how you redecorated ambers_journey's bowling alley, but - WOW! :popeye: :jawdrop: it looks like every Mesa Vistian made an appearance there and had the time of his /her life - well Steve surely did, being stinky rich AND good with the ladies! Even Mina... Wait, WHAT?! :timebomb:

:dizzy: okay - being back: Great choices also at whom to move in - poor Camryn - I never had a Sim get his clothes sucked off, but there might be a hack out there...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Thank you, Anne :)

Nemo:
Spoiler:
So glad you're pleased! :drinks:

Yes, I would consider Mesa Vista to be high desert = high elevation = snowy winters. Kinda like this:
(though Central Nevada's pinion pines are shorter and rounder than Mesa Vista's, and MV's cactus and Joshua trees can be found farther south)

Never fear, Dad, I always take care of the Outside girls as if they were my very own :wink:

I checked my hacks folders and can't find anything related to the telescope, and the Faster Abductions mod is definitely out, but remember the Strangetown contests a while back over at Desirable Discourses and PT9 arranged for his "friends" to abduct Buzz Grunt when Tank was bullying Johnny? I can't remember if I downloaded a telescope hack or used a cheat, but I do remember Buzz was returned in just his underwear and had the WooHoo icon over his head. Maybe I didn't take it out when I was done, but if it's still in there, I can't figure out which file it is. :?
Last edited by Lorinsv on July 8th, 2017, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! 1) You have WAAAAYYYY more patience than I do. Good grief, those Servo weeks!
2) What the whatnow? I've never seen anything like what happened with Camryn. Holy Plumbob!

Also, that bowling alley looks like so much fun!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-10 (Apr 4)

Post by Lorinsv »

Michelle:

Yeah, it was a crazy, crazy round of playing and more than I ever anticipated, at least with Camryn. The bowling alley is super fun, I highly recommend trying one! :awesome:

Thanks for reading and commenting!

New update/household is here:
Week 5, Part 10 - Cameron/Wendland
Image Image
ISTJ
Adele2015

Post by Adele2015 »

Spoiler:
Ringo might possibly be my favourite sim haha. Can't wait to see how George grows up
I also love your new buildings. They look amazing :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay, an update!
Spoiler:
I love Mesa Vista SO MUCH! Those back stories you think of with every Sim just make it so much fun. Ringo is awesome, and I really can't wait to see more of this family, because they're adorable. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Adele:
Spoiler:
Haha, thanks! I like Ringo a lot, I'm happy others do too :D
Glad you like the community lots! Most of the credit has to go to the original builders who gave me such good material to work with :thup:
Anne:
Spoiler:
Thank you!! I do like making up little stories for my families, especially now that there's going to be so many more of them - my hope is that it will help me get back into their groove when I play them the following week. Ringo's was actually inspired by a thread over at MTS asking how people treat crime in their neighborhoods.
I think the Wendlands are an adorable family too, I would have loved to continue playing them well past when their week was up.
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

:smooch:
Spoiler:
Woot - I feel honored that you used my Mine design for your challenge - especially since it is a kind of a failed 'Why can't I build into the earth and make it look like a mineshaft' -design, to be honest... :banghead:
Your police, fire brigade, hospital and bus stop lots are fine additions to Mesa Vista - it feels more and more like a real community :hugs:
Ringo and Brittany make a cool couple - he works the mine, she manages the household - a bit traditional marriage, but one of equals, I dare say. :hug:

:#1:
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Rereading Chapters, that I seemed to read while sleep deprived and never left a comment....

Week 5 Burns
Spoiler:
Couldn't help but giggle at the bridal pizza delivery...
I love your town layout... :heart: Your farms actually remind me of University of Colorado, Fort Collins's solar energy panel field... While that windmill field is questionable, in reality dead birds everywhere... :ducky: But then luckily this is the lovely Sims World.

Love the bowling business also...

So much dating.....

Wow twist, the one girl that moves in with has her first woohoo with the aliens...

And again........... :hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart: :hearts: :heart:
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-11 (May 5)

Post by Lorinsv »

Nemo:
Spoiler:
I was really impressed by the mine shaft part of your lot, and I certainly can't fault you for the game's limitations. Of course, the mining station helps and is really awesome due to its ability to fit in any space. The only thing that needs changing IMO is expanding the size the store, which I should be able to do over the little outside eating area. Anyway, I really love the lot, I think you did a great job on it! :yes: :smooch: :drinks:

Glad you like the community lots! To be honest, seeing your great community lots in Instant City has made me want to step up mine in Mesa Vista. :plumbob2:

It should be interesting to see how Ringo and Brittany's family set-up plays out given their Fortune aspirations. At the moment they're more focused on making and investing their money rather than spending it, but we'll have to see how the wants roll the next time I play them.
Bouncer:
Spoiler:
I love the Pizza Bride! She was sort of the icing on the cake of weirdness in this update :D

Yes, so glad the Sims version of the wind farm doesn't have the same unpleasant side effects of the RL ones. :sigh:

I'm really happy with the bowling alley! Normally I don't find venues all that fun to run, but this was definitely an exception - it was really fun, and I think the decor really helped add to the fun atmosphere.

All the dating was actually a good thing because when Steve got home after getting his million simoleons, it gave him something to do for the rest of the week. But eek! Poor Camryn!
Thank you both for your comments!

New update is here:
Week 5, Part 11 - Goodie

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! :party2:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Spoiler:
Love the Baby Boutique! Also, the way how to keep Faith from continuing a life of crime - really cunning! And opening an orphanage - best idea ever!
:#1:
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Spoiler:
Some great updates! Love seeing Ciel's sadness as her babies grow up. Hooray for a uni! Although that had to drive you crazy playing all those servos. Love the new family - I've always liked Brittany. And fun seeing the Goodies run an orphanage now that Faith's got the Criminal Mastermind stuff out of her system.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

HI :)

I just have to say, even though I've only read up to week 4 I so hope my little try at this is even a quarter as enjoyable as reading your Story. I enjoyed it very much. :mrgreen:

I had to stop reading because of the Holiday store was next on my list and now I feel like I have to have another idea.- and your business are so cute. Thanks for sharing. :cookie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks for the comments, Nemo and Raebeth! :D

:wave: Rflong7: Thank you for reading and leaving such a nice comment, glad you enjoyed it! I'm having fun thinking up businesses, I wouldn't worry too much about thinking up unique ones, if that's what you meant. I actually jot down ideas for them on my scoring spreadsheet either when they pop into my head or when I see ones in other people's stories that I'd like to try.

If you're thinking of putting up your own BaCC, I would love to read it!

~~~
MV progress report:
My first two Uni grads are in that post-graduation period of limbo before returning to the main hood. Once the clock runs out on that (with perhaps a little tropical detour :lemonade:), I'll work on posting the update.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”