Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 6 15-18 (Aug 19 2023) 9758

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-12 (Nov 8)

Post by Lorinsv »

After more than six months :guilty:
Bumping for a new update here:
Week 5, Part 12 (University/Outside)
Image Image
ISTJ
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Yay an update!!! Will get a comment back in the morning from me!
Spoiler:
So nice to see them do well (mostly) in college, and how Lara embraces being a bit of an Outsider with most of the Outside household...
(Personally alright for taking 6 months on very long post, and understanding, I personally realize the process of just recording -barely story telling- can take forever when making a blog post for this game. Will enjoy this piece to piece!)

Also was wondering, your pictures are really really pretty. As I had to relook at everything to see that it was still Sims 2 with all the lovely effects.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hooray, an update! :bounce: Oh, and don't worry these six month things happen sometimes. Actually, they're pretty standard for me at least. *cough*
Spoiler:
It looks like the Outside ladies are enjoying themselves in college! Hooray for sororities and pools, especially ones with reflections. :) It's always fun watching sims with high body skill use the dive board, they've got pretty cool moves. :)

Influencing someone to cook generally doesn't work as intended, does it? :)

Ooh, Laura became a good witch! Witches are fun to play, looking forward to seeing how things turn out for her. The Witch Hut is beautiful!

Whoops about the academic probation! Well, all kinds of things happen to sims, and it only makes them more interesting. Fortunately Emily's siblings looked after her and she got her grades up again.

After all that work a tropical vacation was definitely earned. And of course hanging loose is elusive, it is for a lot of people. Oh, by the way, Cyjon has a hack that makes it a bit less elusive - maybe that would help?

Anyway, of course the witch needs a woodoo doll! I've earned one but not used it ever, now I'm feeling curious about it.

Hooray for graduations, and congrats on unlocking Science!
Fun update, as always! :drinks:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

Awww - my little girls are all grown up.. :heart:
Spoiler:
Emily looks well-rounded - yep, definitely like her old man :haha:
Mina and Nicole also did a lot of growing up... now I almost miss them wreaking havoc around the hood... at least that's what I remember... :faint:
Laura's journey is also quite interesting - though I had hoped for an evil witch (... yes, I have a weak spot for Elphaba...)
The tropical makeover for the Pleasantview shack is brilliant! Makeover of the makeover is brillant! The witch doctor has smelly feet! :tongue:
Only one more to go, Ciel...
Note: tried the voodoo doll for a local for hang loose? That's how I got mine...
:#1:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay, an update!
Spoiler:
And what a fun one! The sorority girls got up to quite a lot this week, wow. :) I love your make over of the vacation home, and you're right - that's quite a good deal! Maybe I should have my Sims buy some vacation homes as well, because I rarely let them go on vacation, and it IS fun!
I love the look of the Greek House as well, it's gorgeous. :) Can't wait to see what you've got for us in the next update; I love Mesa Vista. :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I just started re-reading everything from the beginning. Because I honestly forgot who was who and what was what. Maybe I'll start another BaCC or a third RKC after this although it seems to be that whenever I try to do an RKC it blows up or dies...it's cursed. Anyway, will get back after I finish the Week 4 updates.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Bouncer:
Thank you for your comment, and the compliment on my pictures! :whome: I think TS2 is a gorgeous game even by today's standards, and in my opinion has better lighting and textures and more consistency in how the Sims look in-game when compared to CAS, than either of its two successors.

Katri:
Thanks for your comment :hug: and the link to the Cyjon hack - three tropical vacations without a Hang Loose is getting really frustrating. I'm going to try a couple more things (one being the voodoo doll like Nemo suggested above), otherwise I'll probably get that hack and use it without any guilt whatsoever! :tongue:

I'm glad you like my Witch Hut, I'm very pleased with how witchy-pretty it turned out!

Nemo:
Yes, they are :heart:
Spoiler:
Regarding the good witch/bad witch thing, I was kind of hoping Laura would join the evil side (apart from coming up with a reason for her to do that, because I can't, but I'm open to ideas :wink:) mostly because it would be less predictable with me being me, and probably more interesting.

Dang, forgot to try the voodoo doll for the Hang Loose. I'll try that next week with either Diane or Laura (both have voodoo dolls). If that doesn't work, I'll probably give up and download the mod Katri pointed me to.
Anne:
Thank you, it really makes me happy that you love Mesa Vista! I'm glad you like the lots too, though they weren't built by me, just redecorated :)
Spoiler:
I'm using vacations more often now that I have my Sims go on shorter ones, they don't even seem to add that much time or effort to the rotation. For a bit more realism, I should probably do something to make vacation homes more expensive - perhaps double or even triple the price, with the difference a sort of luxury tax that could be added to my Uni fund. Hmm, have to think about that...
Ani-Mei:
I always need reminding who's who and what's what in others' stories! :splat:

I'm sorry that you lost so many of your challenges/stories, especially as far as you had gotten in some of them. Every time I hear about someone's computer problems, it reminds me to do a backup on my Simming computer and portable hard drive (doing one now, in fact!). Best of luck getting everything working and stable so you can start playing and writing again! :plumbob2:
Image Image
ISTJ
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Fun update!
Spoiler:
Love the tropical makeover for the Pleasantview shack! And yeah, I'd definitely shell out $12k for a tropical island home, too.
Hooray for the first college grads!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-13 (Dec 27)

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks for the comment, raebeth :)

New update, new family here:
Week 5, Part 13 (Green)

Happy New Year, everyone! :wizard:
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay, fun update!
Spoiler:
I like the Greens! They're laid back and cool. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they'll get up to and if their hot spring will kill someone in the end. :')
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Whee, an update! :disco: And it was indeed a quick one, well done Lorin!
Spoiler:
The Greens seem an interesting household - and green. :) The made over house looks nice too.

Oh, interesting idea about the "inspiration room". :hmm: I haven't actually ever tried a home business, so it's interesting to see how this one works. Are you counting it as a business for the BaCC stats (I suppose the rules talk about community lots, but still)? I know I'm going to do the home business thing sooner or later, so I'm wondering how to deal with it.

Looks like a lot of familiar folks were quite inspired!

Oh yeah, having good dental hygiene is important. :haha:

The hot springs seem like a fun business to run. Perhaps the electric shocks were a bit of a downside... I was going to say that at least they open spots in Science, then remembered that you just unlocked the career. Well, at least no one died and the business seems to be doing nicely!
That was fun, looking forward to more! :smoothie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Lol, thanks for the comment, Anne! :D

Katri:
Spoiler:
I'm sure home businesses don't count for anything which is why I never bothered with them in Mesa Vista, but since I planned all along for them to have a bubble blower and they were broke, I figured why not try something different? There was nothing to lose, and it worked out surprisingly well!

Everything in this update was very little extra effort, though according to Jade's memories, the cash perks don't count toward her LTW. The home business is now at Rank 4, the hot springs is Rank 3 and they're beginning to advance in their careers, so the simoleons should start rolling in next week.

Thanks! All around it was fun more than work, and got me jazzed to keep going, hopefully at a faster pace.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I just read parts 10-13. FUN! I particularly liked the "shockingly good time" at the Greens' business.
Spoiler:
Awwww, an orphanage? I'm so happy for the Goodies. They're finally getting things right. Plus, every city needs an orphanage.

Things are coming along nicely. I even liked the college chapter for the Outside girls. The little shack is actually quite nice, once you put the kitchen/dining area on the lanai. Quite nice! And yaaay, for the nice witch!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-13 (Dec 27) - 2640

Post by Keika »

Hey Lorinsv!
Spoiler:
I just read your first update, and I really enjoyed it! Wow, you weren't kidding about "goal-oriented"! You got so much done so quickly! :D I love how the grass on the athletic lot looks against the desert terrain. Very lush. ^^ Great choice for your founder's spouse, too. Overall, I'm looking forward to reading more!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Thank you both for reading and commenting!

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Glad you like the Greens! I had no specific plans for them, just winged it (I tend to do that a lot), and it turned into a really fun week!

I was stumped for a while on what to do with the Goodies after my original plans for them were contradicted by their *cough* many "issues," but I happened upon some players on MTS chatting about running an orphanage and thought that would be perfect for them. I'm really looking forward to it, and luckily their lot has plenty of space to expand!

Making over the PV shack into a vacation getaway was a fun little challenge.
Keika:
Spoiler:
I wanted to get off to a running start because I knew it would take ridiculously long to finish, and if I played on a more regular basis I would be quite a bit farther along, but even then finishing would still be years out.

Thanks about the athletic field - I thought it would be more suited to a fledgling town than a big sports complex, and they along with golf courses do indeed stand out like little oasises (oasii?) in a desert setting! It's a nice lot to takes pictures on too, though I don't do it as often as I should. Unfortunately, most Mesa Vistans roll the want to play Marco Polo in the winter!

Nikki was a good choice for Zach, at least the Sims act like it :shifty:
Image Image
ISTJ
Palmer
Mascot
Mascot

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Palmer »

This has been stickied for winning a Golden Plumbob award! In four weeks it'll become a regular topic once more. Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
Love the Greens and their *ahem* Inspiration Room! And I think it's actually a good idea to have a cheap home venue business that you can run 24/7. Hot springs are nice, too.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
I just finished what you've got up here so far! And I have to say, it's simply not fair that there isn't any more to facilitate my late-night reading binges. :lol:

Love this! It's so cool to see all these townies getting a shot at life like this. Even with the lighter stories going on, everyone comes off as quite rich and detailed personalities. I love your variety of stores and your choices in buildings; it gives Mesa Vista a lovely, distinct flavor. My favorite is Yvette Tan, and I have to say Faith Goodie bugs me sooo much... which of course makes her a great character. ^^ Mesa Vista definitely deserves that golden plumbbob!

Also, that was a fantastic video. So simple, and yet so hilarious. Makes me want to do a sims video, too. :upsidedown:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-14 (Feb 21) - 2673

Post by Lorinsv »

Thanks for the comment, raebeth :)

Keika:
Spoiler:
Thank you! I enjoy personalizing my Sims, that's always kind of been my thing. The moving in/out townies strategy is one of my favorite parts of playing Mesa Vista. Building is not my forte, but some of the community lots I enjoyed building. I really love your build creations!

You like Yvette? Can I give her to you? :P Haha, I don't mean to made Faith Goodie annoying, but she does strike me as being rather tense/intense/high-strung, I guess are good words for her. She is fun to write!

I'm glad you like the video too! It's the only one I've ever done, now I can't remember how to make one. For a while, YouTube had silenced the song due to copywrite infringement and I almost deleted the link, but they added it back again for some reason, which I'm happy about.

I was also very happy that Mesa Vista tied with Clitheroe for a Golden Plumbob!
So! After struggling with it for almost a week, a new Adams update is here:
Week 5-14: Adams
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Mesa Vista - My BaCC for fun: Week 5-14 (Feb 21) - 2673

Post by Keika »

Thanks for putting out the effort to bring us this chapter! :)
Spoiler:
O.M.G. Thank you thank you THANK YOU for pointing out the existence of that shadows mod! My simming life is now complete. O.O

But anyway, the update! I'm so glad there's hope for Nikki and Zach! I mean, Zach really deserves to be kicked to the curb, but it's so nice to see them trying to work it out if they can. Zach's letter to Nikki before being sent away for his work was really simple, and really sweet. I hope they work out.

Wow, Kerie Ng (I had to look up how to pronounce her name, by the way :lol:) is kind of rude, isn't she? But I guess we already knew that! ;)

I'm really looking forward to the next Mesa Vista chapter! :)

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”