Eagle Valley BACC (8/8/14)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Jendra

Eagle Valley BACC (8/8/14)

Post by Jendra »

My Apoc is about to go to University. I don't like University... so when I got the idea for this I decided to go play it (The fact that I've been reading Willow Valley for three days straight has nothing to do with it... and the fact that this is called Eagle Valley and my second family has the last name of Willow has nothing to do with that... I'm almost sure). This is a Build A City Challenge using the rule set I found here. Well, with a few changes.

1) That military thing... ain't happening. It sounds cool, but way too complicated. Military will be opened when there's a non-owned community lot set as a military base.

2) The Mayor isn't the only job that there should be only one of. Any job that I think does not need two people at the top, such as Head of SCIA, Criminal Mastermind, General and such are only allowed one person in the top spot. However, the person currently in the spot is allowed to stay to teach the new one the ropes until I get back to their household.

3) Any job that doesn't scream there should be only one, i.e. Business Tycoon, Professional Party Guest, Hall of Famer or such, can have as many as the challenge allows at that time.

4) The original people who go to Eagle Valley are there for solitude, not to build a town, so for the first year I will be adding one household (with a single sim per household) a season. Also, there will be no taxes taken for that first year.

The first street is Peregrine Way and the first house on the right is Hawking's Observatory, next to it is DaVinci and Toyonaga, while on the left are Willow (with the pond), Beauregade and Cameron. The cross street is Hawk Lane with Ramaswami in the big house followed by Thayer and Bruty.

I apologize for the crappy photo quality in most of the first one. I haven't done anything I needed pictures for in years and I've never used wordpress before, so ...

Winter 1:Hawking
Spring 1: Hawking Willow
Summer 1: Hawking Willow DaVinci
Fall 1: Hawking Willow DaVinci Beauregarde
Year 2:
Winter: Hawking Willow DaVinci Beauregarde Toyonaga
Spring: Hawking Willow DaVinci Beauregarde Toyonaga
Summer: Hawking Willow DaVinci

Stats are spoilered because they are set to actual play, not to what is written. (Year 2: Summer: Ramaswami)
Spoiler:
Sims 41 (+3)
Households 9 (8 playing in Summer)
Owned lots 6
Unowned lots 1
Military lot? No
Business districts 0
Universities 0
Downtown? 0
Sim multiplier 3

Population 123

University Fund $90,500

CAS sims available 2

Fires 1
Burglaries 1
Electrocutions 0
Graves 0

Lvl 10 businesses 1
Business Tycoons 0/1

Careers

Adventure 0/locked
Architecture 0/1
Athletic 0/locked
Business 1/1
Criminal 1/1
Culinary 1/1/locked
Dance 1/ unlocked
Education 0/0
Entertainment 0
Intelligence 0/0
Journalism 0/0
Law 0/0
Law Enforcement 0/0
Medicine 0/0
Military 0/locked
Music 1/locked
Oceanography 0
Politics 0/0
Science 0
Slacker 0/0
Artist 0/0
Natural Science 0/0
Showbiz 0/0
Paranormal 0/0

Businesses

Abe's Grocery lvl 7
Fish Rodeo lvl 10
Dance Fever lvl 5
Snap, Pop lvl 5
La Boheme lvl 3
Daisy's Diner lvl 5
I don't put how much was taken out for taxes, because I don't really pay attention. I have a character in the sim bin named Banker Banker, and I use the hacked computer to transmit money to him. The amount I take out is 10% of their funds + 10% of the value of their home + $500 per level of their business and then round up to the nearest amount that's easy to send on the computer, assuming they can handle paying that much. They do not have to pay taxes as long as they're living on a grass floor.
:biggrin:
Last edited by Jendra on August 8th, 2014, 6:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Eagle Valley BACC (7/24/14)

Post by Twilightoutside »

Welcome back! :P
Spoiler:
Just read through all your Chapters again - you've got quite the interesting community there: the socially-inept scientist and his alien kids, The farming Plantsims and their Offsprings, the obsessed Artist and her muse, and the determined entrepreneur with what I can only describe as 'used cars sales man'-look :oops:...

:thup: Keep it up!
Jendra

Re: Eagle Valley BACC (8/8/14)

Post by Jendra »

So far today I've completed completed Summer 2: Hawking and Willow and I'm probably going to get at least one more chapter out tonight. I'm trying to distract myself from the interview I went on this morning. I so want this job :begging:

Edited to add: DaVinci is the last for today
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Eagle Valley BACC (8/8/14)

Post by raebeth47 »

Great story! Hoping to see more!
Spoiler:
I love how all your families have different themes - and you picked some great ones for a BaCC! Some of your founders do seem to be a bit...myopic, shall we say (thinking particularly of Dr. Carl). It'll be interesting to see how things go as their children continue to grow up and choose their own paths.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”