Silk Road, a Pan-Asian Royal Kingdom

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Silk Road, a Pan-Asian Royal Kingdom

Post by Mauricette »

RULES + Extra Rules
Spoiler:
Every generation of every household must visit Takemizu Village:
Royal Heirs must obtain visit the Pagoda in the Shadows Lot and obtain the 'Scroll of Divine Rite' from the Wise Old man.
All Nobles must learn the Art of Tai Chi (the closest thing to Kung Fu) even if their family isn't in the Military.
Merchants must obtain merchandise available only in Takemizu Village.
One Peasant family must learn the way of the Ninja.
Merchants and Peasants, as well as non-heir Nobles, may marry locals from Takemizu Village instead of being able to marry in Hired NPCs.
Also, since the original Royal Kingdom Rules don't include the careers from the Seasons and Freetime Expansion Packs and I didn't find a key addressing those careers I made one for myself.
Spoiler:
Royal Careers: Architecture* Artist* Law Military Natural-Science* Oceanography Politics Paranormal* Science
Noble Careers: Architecture* Education* Intelligence Law Law-Enforcement Military Natural-Science* Politics Paranormal* Science
Merchant Careers: Adventure Artist* Business Dance Entertainment Gamer Journalism Medicine* Show-Business* Oceanography
Peasant Careers: Athlete Crime Culinary Intelligence Law-Enforcement Military Slacker Adventure Music

*Careers with the asterisk represent the careers that need a college degree to acquire.
Last edited by Mauricette on March 28th, 2019, 3:24 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Silk Road

Post by Ani-Mei »

I guess you did catch the RKC bug. Excellent. *Mr. Burns fingers*
Spoiler:
Interesting choice of people, seems you did find a use for the neighbourhoods you don't like namely Desiderata and Belladonna. Yes, I remember things. :yes: Good use of BV stuff, me likes. Anyway glad to see you joined us RKC'ers.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: The Silk Road - A Pan-Asian RKC

Post by Rflong7 »

Nice! The terraced map is an excellent choice. I know only some of the families but that's great, too. :D
Spoiler:
What a nice start. I think the should all bow to them. I hardly ever get the right answer with the Ninja. :lo:
The bear outfit is so cute on toddlers. XD
Yay! Wonderful start. :D
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Nice start! I'm loving your theme, and how you're using an Asian setting without falling back on every stereotype in the book. The buildings look great, I love the map, and just overall you've made some great choices. Ten awesome points out of ten, I'd say! :D

Wow, Lazlo has moved up in the world! It's good to see him having a chance at such a role! I love your choices for the rest of the classes, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these sims interact with each other. :) Setsuna is a lovely name, too!

Hey, I didn't know you could make a portrait with a transparent background! That's so cool! :D And you're right, the wise old man scroll looks awesome!

So yeah, great start! I'm looking forward to seeing Emperor Lazlo's imperial shenanigans. ^^

Also, just curious, is this a BaRKC or a vanilla RKC? :)
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Thanks for reading, everyone, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. XD
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
lol yes, I might have deleted Belladonna and Desiderata, but I did keep some of the families in the lot bin. I keep all the gardens I find in the lot bin, too. Because gardens. o3o
Rflong7:
Spoiler:
lol thanks XD Yeah, there wasn't really anything time period apropes for toddlers, so they get bear suits. I have no idea what I'm going to do when it comes time for them becoming children. There isn't anything time apropes for them, either! D:
Keika:
Spoiler:
Thank you for your super high praise! I'm very flattered! Yeah, I was a bit surprised about the portrait, too! I thought it'd just have the color of the canvas behind it, but yeah, the file is a .png made by a friend of mine from India, she's very talented. And the Silk Road is a regular old RKC, not a BaRKC. Otherwise I dont think I'd be allowed to have my seamstresses or bath house or tea house. o3o I was unsure about posting in the BaCC Folder so I asked in the bacc chat. I guess since its a multi-household challenge it gets to be in the city building folder :3
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Ooooh I like the Asian backdrop or this!
You can't have enough of these RKC to read. Nope.
I have no idea who these guys are well except Sanjay and Pryia.
That's okay though.
Good luck!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

musterymusic7:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I wanted to do a royal kingdom challenge without having to download a super huge amount of cc- or any cc for that matter. And the game already comes with so much asian themed material. Glad you enjoyed it! X3
Also Update! The Ramaswamis
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Meet the Wans, everbody~
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Nice couple of updates! It's so cool to see these sims getting played--they so rarely get any screen time around here. The Ramaswamis a little maybe, but almost never the Wans.

Anyway! Looks like Sanjay knows what he's doing with the army! Good to see everything coming along so well! And all of the children are SO cute!!

Are you building all these lots yourself? Because they look great! :D

Looking forward to more!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Keika:
Spoiler:
I built all the lots myself except for the Merchant lots, which are coming up next. The Moroccan Manor from the lot bin houses the Patels and there's a vacation house in Takemizu Village that was stolen, replaced, and then copied for Vivien Cho XD
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Lovely! The Pan-Asian setting is so picturesque, and I love seeing what can be done with Maxis content. Your architecture and decor, and the people all look gorgeous!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is great! I love the building, the decor, the theme, and seeing all these pre-mades that I've never played.
Spoiler:
I really like the Divine Rite, and how you're using it to symbolize leadership. And watching all the families interact and grow. Everyone's getting started on their kids right away, and it looks (so far, where's some wood to knock?) that you're having a nice balance of girls and boys.

Even without CC, the way you did it, it looks CC, if you know what I mean. I had no idea there was really so much Asian stuff! As for the children having different clothes, well The Silk Road was a major thoroughfare for merchants and traders, and the young people do tend to like different fashions than their elders. Why wouldn't they take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy fashions from other cultures? But, of course, when they grow up, they have to be more responsible and wear the appropriate clothing, to suit their position and all that jazz, right? Anyway, they are adorable.

And you're putting it all up so fast, too! Wow!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Knocking out the Merchant Chapters! The Patels and the The Chos!

Thank you, Lorinsv and MichelleCYoung! I really appreciate everyone's comments!
Spoiler:
MichelleCYoung wrote:I really like the Divine Rite, and how you're using it to symbolize leadership. And watching all the families interact and grow. Everyone's getting started on their kids right away, and it looks (so far, where's some wood to knock?) that you're having a nice balance of girls and boys.
Yes! Some of the families came with the ladies already expecting or with young ones already so I'm hoping to keep defined generations with all the kids generally in the same age range. Hahaha, here's hoping. :B
It's pretty early in the game. I'm amazed how many families are already acquainted and becoming fast friends. Since none of them have phones it's very exciting to see them all meeting up on the community lots and conveniently walking past the houses. :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

None of them have phones? Are you going to give them phones later?

I just hate playing without phones.

Yay, updates! I like them very much, and I just have to say, Etsu is now officially my favorite.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

lol, yeah, none of them have phones, but it's pretty easy to get people to meet on the communty lots. also I had time for anotehr household: Peasant Contrary. I am on fire today!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Awww! How romantic! Wow, you're really moving things right along!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Alright, folks here are the last two chapters of the first rotation: The Tsangs and the Shikibus!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Really enjoying this so far!
Spoiler:
I like the Asian theme, and I agree it's definitely good to see it done without being stereotypical. Loving seeing all the families growing. So many cute kids so far!
Mauricette

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Thank you, raebeth47. I'm glad everyones enjoying it. New chapter is live! The New Prince is Born!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great update!
Spoiler:
The kids are all cute. Love Satsuna being a shy little princess. And hooray for an heir and not one, but two spares!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”