Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / R1: Ellesmere

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / R1: Ellesmere

Post by Thaitanic »

Well, everyone else was doing it. :lol:

Hi guys! Yep, there’s a BaRKC Bandwagon and I’m jumping on it. But I don’t really like the rules wholly, so I’ve modified SOME bits. I’m even using Chase’s Modified rules, but still felt the need to shake things up. q:

One: I don’t like gender constraints, really. So I got rid of a strict patriarchy/matriarchy system. Instead, I’m using a ‘prestige’ calculation to calculate the heir. The child with the most prestige points gains the heirship. (See below for that)

Two: The families are unconventional. This is because I genned all the families randomly to a max of three sims per family. Sort of in the style of a prosperity challenge. Every family had to have at least one adult, and that was the only constraint I had. I’m actually rather surprised at the lack of variety, but regardless. Each family had their class chosen randomly, and then the neighbourhood would be named after that family’s surname.

Three: I’m still learning the BaRKC rules. So forgive me if I make any mistakes lol.

Ok, that should be it! Thanks for reading, guys! I’m excited – are you excited? :D

Prologue:

Rotation 1:
Ellesmere

Heirship, the Prestige Calculation:
Spoiler:
General points:
+1 for every maxed skill
+1 for every job level upon the death of prev. heir
(a sim on job level 3 will gain 3 points, a sim who has maxed their career will be on job level 10)
+1 for every bronze talent badge
+2 for every silver talent badge
+3 for ever gold talent badge
+1 if moved up a class upon death of prev. heir

Adult points:
+1 for every child upon death of prev. heir
+2 if married upon death of prev. heir
+5 if permaplat upon death of prev. heir
+5 if that sim personally owns a business upon death of prev. heir
+1 for every level of business (a level 8 business will award the possible heir 8 points)

Teen points:
+3 for honour roll
+1 for level one teen career
+2 for level two teen career
+3 for level three teen career

Child and toddler points:
+1 for owning a lemonade stand
+1 for knowing one toddler skill
+2 for knowing two toddler skills
+3 for knowing three toddler skills
+1 for every earned skill point
With the nature of the scorecard needing the previous heir to die, I’m allowing all possible heirs to move out of the house and found their own families if they like. Upon the death of the previous heir parent, then the heir scorecard is tallied. This is inflexible – if the previous heir dies whilst a child is a toddler, they will still be judged upon the general scorecard, plus the relevant scorecard. The heir must then move to the traditional family homestead, unless they have gained a new class, in which case the heir’s home may become the new family homestead. A merchant who has since become noble and then becomes the heir may make their current home the family homestead as opposed to having to move back to a home built for a lower class, for example.
Current Population:
Spoiler:
Sim Multipliers:
*1 for first community lot

Class Multipliers:
*0.5 royals
*1.5 peasants

Royal population:
3*0.5=1.5
Noble population:
Merchant population:
Peasant population:
6*1.5=9

1.5+3+4+9=17.5 * 1 =17.5
call me Thai!
they/them
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Welcome to Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / 0.0

Post by Keika »

Yeees, join us! Jump on that bandwagon! We want you and your writing skills! :diablo:
Spoiler:
I'm loving your setup here with Mt. St. Ellesmere! The name is great--I love it when neighborhoods have more than one word in the name--and the families are super diverse and vibrant! I'm loving King Irving and his narration of his subjects! Hm, I wonder what they would say about him? Would they label him as 'one of those people who survive biological genocide'? ;) The idea of having a cruise ship full of singles found the kingdom is fabulous, too. Pretty genius, actually! The map is gorgeous too, of course. Did you make it?

I love your prestige point system, too! Really looking forward to seeing how that works! :D

Okay, that's it. Great start; I'm looking forward to seeing more! :bounce:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Another one?
Spoiler:
Really, Thai-kun you have enough trouble keeping updates coming for the ones you do have already.:spin: But nevertheless, I shall dust off my Pointy Stick, now freshly painted in Mod Pink just for showsies. *sharpens new pink Pointy Stick* Anyway the prestige system is going to take some getting used to I just started Arkadia using Chase's rules and I still don't know them all that well. I don't have my printer anymore to print them out and put them in my Challenge Rules duotang to reference when I get stuck. Oh and I still have your simself's kids from Hyperia, they were the only ones I saved.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Love all the lots, the Karenin Estate grounds are absolutely gorgeous! :hearts:
Image Image
ISTJ
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Welcome to Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / R1: ELLES

Post by Thaitanic »

Keika:
It's all you guys' fault. Also I'm terribly impulsive :lol:
Spoiler:
Thank you I love that you also like the Mt. St. combo, I couldn't decide on a good sounding name so I just took bits that I liked and put them together until something happened :lol:
King Irving is definitely a character, I'm sensing a bit of immaturity combined with a need to cement his position but not really knowing how. (I'm analysing a bit too much into what will probably only ever be a vaguely amusing observational story told through the character voices though pff)

As for what his subjects think of him, you're going to have to wait until I actually get the peasants really published for that. Which is going to take a while :shifty: I'm just about starting the merchants in-game right now lol

The map is Papaya Island by Freezer Bunny. I wish I'd made it myself though :lol:

I'm excited for the prestige points too, I'm sensing a few possible problems with it but I'll refine it on the job I think XD
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
:shifty: Whhaaatt, too many challenges? Ridiculous.
I'm glad you accept my impulsiveness, Ani-Mei :,) And yeah, the prestige system is a bit strange but I'm hoping for the best with it. I just really didn't like the strict gender rules. XD But I'm glad you're still learning Chase's rules too, so at least I'm not alone :lol:

Omg, my lil kiddies. Do you have any plans for them?
Lorins:
Thank you, omg. I was really proud of the Karenin house too. Glad my 'who needs a floorplan' philosophy has worked out at least once :lol:

---

Update~~~~~~~~~~~~

call me Thai!
they/them
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Welcome to Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / R1: Elles

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well I could use more Noble houses, and the Trace Nobles did have more than one boy so...I am lacking in boys why else would I be starting up a bachelor challenge for my prince? It's only been one generation and already all the Noble houses and the Monarch are linked by marriage and blood...
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I understand that :lol: That's why I decided to have all my people marry townies first so it wouldn't get incestuous TOO quickly :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Irving is surely the king of romance, sales tactics, and obliviousness! I have never seen such wonders! I mean, his business has stairs... that lead to a door!!

In all seriousness, though, that was a great chapter! Hilarious, and Jonah is just too cute. A little awkward at times, and oh so cute about it. Geraldine seems like a good match for King Irving, too. Seems like she'll keep him grounded. ;) Looking forward to the next one for sure!

Also, thanks for the shoutout! Some monarchs, am I right? :angel:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)
Spoiler:
I love your pictures, the builds are so beautiful, the family stories are interesting and detailed, and I like the prestige calculation- Awesome! :thup:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Oh a new challenge! I like the prestige idea for heirship, definitely something different. I love your buildings, and photos, Mt. St. looks so pretty. Venues are the best aren't they? I'm going to learn German between your FB and your sims game lol. Aw Jonah is such a sweetie, I wonder how him and Geri will get along. Can't wait for more!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Keika:
Spoiler:
I love Irving. He's so oblivious. If this was real life and not sims I'd be expecting peasant unrest, but thankfully this is sims and instead Irving can extort his subjects fellow Mt. St.-ers with a little dazzling.

Jonah is sweet, I think I'll write the next chapter from his point of view just because I feel like Irving is a bit oblivious to the thoughts of Jonah and he was a little quashed in the chapter XD And Geraldine is lovely, I'm hoping for some cute kids from the two of them as well ^_^

Rflong:

Bonjour :llama:
Spoiler:
Thank you, oh my gosh. That's such high praise :D I love your stuff so it's really cool to hear that <3
Pony:
Spoiler:
Yeah, hopefully the prestige system will work well. I was thinking it was a bit skewed towards adult heirs (i.e. an adult is more likely to get the heirship than say, a child because children obviously can't get badges/haven't had as much time to refine their skills or whatever), but we'll see how it works out :)
Thank you about the buildings and the neighbourhood, I think Mt. St. really is a cute little Kingdom :D I love me some goldmine venues. And I'm so sorry about the German. :lol: It lets me play and pretend I'm revising.

Thanks so much, Pony <3
You guys are all so lovely ^_^ I'm nearly finished the first rotation so all I need to do is write up the chapters. Give me a few days... ;)
call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Mt. St. Ellesmere, another BaRKC! / R1: Ellesmere

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yaaaay! Another Royal Kingdom! This is exciting! You can tell, because of all the exclamation marks!
Spoiler:
Irving is cool, but Jonah is so cute and sweet and such a good boy, and I just adores him!!! Seriously, gotta give that kid more face time, OK?

Geraldine! I love her! She's a good combination of sweet and spicy, and I think she'll keep Irving on his toes, which a good King ought to be.

I'm very glad that those stairs lead to a door. It would be awful if they led to ... UNPAINTED WALLS!

I'm looking forward to the first noble family. She's a snarker, but you can tell she has a good heart.

As for having a problem remembering all the rules, well, there's a reason why I decided to just make up my own. And even then, I goofed in the first rotation. Sheesh! Your prestige system looks very good. Yes, it definitely gives the older children an advantage, because they have more time to learn stuff, but then, do you really want to be ruled by a child? Or a regent who might decide not to give up the throne when the time comes? There lies much drama, yes, but not usually a well-run kingdom, so yeah, prestige works well, I think. I might have to have something similar for one of my families.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”