Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 14/11/20

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 14/11/20

Post by Little White Comet »

Welcome to Arborndale! :party:
This little town is something I’ve been playing when I don’t feel like doing the Sparrows, and I ended up turning it into a BACC. Now I would like to make it clear that I am NOT doing this for points. In fact, I’m not even counting up the points. This is just something I’m doing for a little fun and I thought you guys would like to read it too. I'm aiming to reach Generation 5 with this but if I enjoy it then I'll probably just keep playing until I get bored.
Down below are the rules I'm playing to so have a read if you're curious.
I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed playing this. Happy Simming and enjoy your stay!

Update 7/2/2020 - The pictures for the Spring updates for King and Palmer have been fixed and can now be seen properly. Sorry that it took me so long to notice that they had stopped working!

14/11/20 - UPDATE: My computer's hard drive has died on me. My brother nicely gave me his hard drive to use for now but for some reason, it won't let me play the Sims 2 on it. So until I get a new computer I can't play. Thankfully I do have the next update waiting for me to write out but once I do that there won't be any more updates until 2021. Sorry for the trouble!

Rules
Spoiler:
  • §5,000 will be added to the household bank the first time they join Arborndale.
  • Loans must be taken out to solve money problems.
  • Pets are not a must but are encouraged.
  • Birthday parties are a must for every birthday.
  • Marriage is not a must. If a Sim fears it marriage can be ignored.
  • A trip out is required at least once each round for every household.
  • No money cheats.
  • Each round must last 7 days. The round will end at 8:00 am on Monday of the following week.
  • Aspirations are picked based on the Sim’s Star Sign. Their second aspiration is picked based on the Sim’s interest.
  • Each household must have at least one child to take over the family name.
  • Adoption is allowed but they can’t inherit.
  • After Vacations are unlocked, households are not allowed to go until the youngest child is old enough to join.
  • If a Townie is moved in and they are already employed they must quit their job to find a brand new one, no matter what level they have been at.
  • If a banned item used or a banned action is performed a fine will be issued to the household:
    • - §500 – First Offense
    • - §1, 000 – Second Offence
    • - §1, 500 + 2 Days of Isolation – Third Offence
Mini Challenges
Spoiler:
  • Stupid SPD (Top the Law Enforcement career track to unlock burglar alarms)
    With no Captain Hero, the police in Arborndale are going on duty with no formal training. As such burglars are running around freely with no sign of them ever being caught.
  • Charcoal and Kitchen Fires (Top the Culinary career track to unlock smoke alarms)
    There are no chiefs in Arborndale which mean no cooking shows and no cookbooks. Sims are teaching themselves to cook through trial and error, mostly error though.
  • Sickness and Death (Top the Medicine career track to unlock the ability to cure sickness with spells, the science career reward or Grandma's Comfort Soup)
    No hospitals and no doctors mean only one thing, no medicine. Sickness is running freely through Arborndale and not even magical cures can stop it.
  • 1+1=3? (Top the Education career track to unlock public schools, private schools and college)
    No one expected Arborndale to grow as quickly as it did, as such no Education system was ever created. The founders of this town are passing down what they can but they can only teach so much.
  • Exercise leads to injury (Top the Athletic career track to unlock basketball Hoops, Soccer Nets, Jogging, Working out in front of the Stereo, Working out in front of the TV, Yoga, Using the Ballet Bar, Performing Tai Chi, Fitness Equipment on Home Lot, Ice Skating, Roller Skating, Playing Golf, Axe Throwing Log Rolling and going for Hikes.)
    No hospitals mean it’s not safe for Sims to exercise on their own anymore. After all, if you get injured who is going to make you better?
  • Dancing is exercise?! (Top the Dance career track to unlock Classical Dancing, Slow Dancing, Hula Dancing, Slap Dancing, Fire Dancing, Break Dancing, Entering a Dance Contest, Singing a Folk Song, and working at a DJ booth.)
    Yes, this may shock you to know but dancing does count as exercise. So you know where I’m going with this right?
  • Bugs, stars and the dangers of them (Top the Science career track to unlock Workbenches, Ant Farms, Searching for Planets, Searching for Constellations, Searching for UFOs)
    Do you know what bugs are poisonous and what ones are friendly? What about the difference between a bee and a hornet? Can you tell when a satellite is about to fall on you? Of course, you can’t and neither can anyone else in Arborndale either.
  • Unexplored Territory (Top the Adventure career track will unlock vacations for everyone)
    Why would you want to go there? You don’t know who’s living there, what animals are there if there’s food there or even if the weather is safe enough for travel. It’s best just to stay home instead of going on vacation.
  • The problems about going into businesses (Top the Businesses career track to unlock the ability to buy community lots and open Home Businesses.)
    It’s a messy world out that. You’re already having problems running your household so why would you want to add a community lot to those problems?
  • Tone Deaf Residents (Top the Music career track to unlock musical instruments, karaoke machines, microphone and xylophones for toddlers.)
    Music is a thing of the past for the founders of Arborndale. Due to the different atmosphere, the next generation is being born tone-deaf. With no access to the mainlands and no musicians around the town, no child wants to learn how to play anything. Arborndale sure is missing something when it comes to sound.
  • Going further than a Paintbrush (Top the Artist career track to unlock Sewing, Pottery, the Drafting Table and the Digital Camera)
    Painting and drawing are something all Sims in Arborndale know how to do, after all, it’s a good way to make some much-needed cash. Any further is just a dream leftover from the founders.
  • Updating your Games (Top the Gaming career track to unlock Pinball Machines, Arcade Machines, Train Tracks, Electric Cars, Electric Helicopters, Photobooths, Mobile Phones and Portable Game Consoles.)
    For so long the only type of gaming technology was the outdated games consoles that came with the Founders so long ago. Everything else is just a rumour in Arborndale from the mainland.
  • Dealing with Death (Top the Paranormal career track to unlock resurrections, the ability to beg for a Sims life, the ability to cure Supernatural lifestyles and the use of Genie Lamps)
    Making deals with the Grim Reaper seems like a bad idea, doing it with nothing but bit bravery is just stupid.
Rent/Taxes (Only to be incorporated when Politics have been Unlocked)
Spoiler:
Rent:
  • Each floor in a house costs §500, each bedroom in a house costs §100, and a garage cost §50: Greenhouses are also §50.
  • All rent is paid to your Mayor’s household and they send it on to the money hoarder of Arborndale. (The money hoarder is an unplayable Sim who is there just to hold the neighbourhood funds.)
  • You must also pay rent for each business that you own so don’t go over the top there.
  • This is paid weekly to your Mayor as soon as your round starts. If you can’t afford your rent then items must be sold to make up the money, taking out a loan is not allowed.
Taxes:
  • §50 are paid to your Mayor for each Emergency Service you use. So only when they arrive at your lot do you pay for them.
  • To own a business you must §80 to pay for your Selling Permit. Everything else either comes out of your household money or your rent for the property.
  • This is paid weekly to your Mayor as soon as your round starts. If you can’t your taxes then items must be sold to make up the money, taking out a loan is not allowed.
Other Charges:
  • Entrance into University costs §3,900 for each teenager who has the want when their two-day birthday warning rolls around. Scholarships take off §300 for each one earned.
  • It costs §3,500 to rent a plot in the Arborndale Cemetary for your Sims lost ones.
Subhood Progress:
All the money paid in rent and taxes is put towards buying subhoods for Arborndale. Only when the money goal has been reached can the subhoods be added to the neighbourhood, and only if the restriction has been lifted.
  • University: §0/§500.000 simoleons (The Education Restriction must be lifted)
  • Vacation Destination: §0/§1.000.000 simoleons (The Adventure Restriction must be lifted)
Resident Summary

Year 1:
Spring: King - Palmer - Silverheart - Velazquez - Strider - Puckett- Round Summary
Summer: King - Palmer - Pavich - Silverheart - Velazquez - Vanderland - Strider - Puckett - Round Summary
Autumn: King - Palmer - Pavich - Silverheart - Velazquez - Vanderland - Strider - Puckett - Round Summary
Winter: King - Palmer :pencil: - Pavich
Last edited by Little White Comet on November 15th, 2020, 9:55 am, edited 71 times in total.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Started* 6/2/2016

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)
Spoiler:
Aw- Oscar and Alfred are adorable.
I hate that chance card for Education... :(
Love their hair... Wee- baby on the way.
Nice start! :applause:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Gaaah. Education chance cards are so bad, for the first three or four levels, it seems.

They make a cute couple, but how are you going to get an heir?

Oh. You have a mod. I forgot about that one. How do you know which one will carry the child? Is there a way to tell in advance, or do you just take your chances?

They're awfully cute together. Will they get married before the birth? I suppose if the name is all that matters, it won't be an issue, since Oscar is the one who is giving birth, so the baby will take his name. Well, we'll see in another rotation.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Becca
Spoiler:
Thanks Becca! Oscar is my baby, well at this point he was anyway and then sadly he was replaced for someone who will be appearing next :spin:
Thanks for reading!
Michelle
Spoiler:
The mod I'm using here is called Pregnancy for All by twojeffs. It allows same sex couples to have babies! :celebration: I can tell in advance because the mod makes it so the one who starts the wahoo will be the one who will get pregnant. I have also have the Triplets and Quads mod in there too.
At the moment both Oscar and Alfred fear getting engaged too each other but hopefully next rotation I'll be able too get them married.
Thanks for reading!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I did read this but it was late and Ani-Mei was tired so no comment till now. Interesting rule set though, I have to keep reminding myself this is not the standard BaCC rules so whenever they get jobs I tend to forget that. Nice little break from the Sparrows and all that unauthorized baby making that Phee couldn't seem to stop doing.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
I knew that if I did this to the normal BaCc rules I would not get far. So I ended up just making me own, so far I've played right to the end of spring and now I'm just waiting to write them all up to play them again.
Thankfully Phee is now an old man so he can't surprise me with any more babies! :highfive:
Thanks for reading!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 26/03/16

Update bump! Enjoy guys!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 05/04/2016

Update bump!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 05/04/2016

Finally updated with something. Enjoy guys!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 14/01/2017

First update of the year for me! Hopefully it won't be the only one I do.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 01/02/2018

Let's say goodbye to January with the end of Spring in Arborndale! Round Summary soon to follow!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 20/3/19

And we're back! I've made some huge changes so make sure you refresh yourselves with the rules before reading the new update!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 20/3/19

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I'm glad you were able to recreate everything. It sucks having to walk away from a challenge. That frog baby outfit is too freakin' cute! Can't wait to see how everyone else settles in.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 30/3/19

Update bump!

Pony
Spoiler:
Aw thank you Pony! Yes, I love those baby outfits, they are so adorable. I hope you enjoy this new update :spin:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I did love this update! I loved how cheeky Gus looked sneaking out of the crib. Such a cutie. Having two sims pregnant is a challenge, like a true test of micro managing to keep both of them alive.
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Pony
Spoiler:
So fast! But I'm so glad you enjoyed. I love Gus, he's so cute and living up to his genius trait as I play him. Keeping Sebastian and Grace alive while they were pregnant was a nightmare, I'm so glad they only had one baby each because I wouldn't have been able to handle them having multiples! Thanks for reading!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: Arborndale BaCc *Updated* 13/10/19

Update bump!
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob