Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge Apr 28, 19

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. May 31

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Keira, you and me, both.
Spoiler:
I kept thinking, "What is Keika doing in my apocalypse? Oh, yeah, I gave Peaches a new hairstyle."

And yeah, when I came up with the idea, it seemed so simple. Little did I know it would take four real-life hours to do that scene. It took soooooo long for that fire to burn itself out, and I had to keep moving Michelle and Clovis away from the fire, and keep having one put the other out, and moving them away from the fire, then having the other one put the first one out, then moving them AWAY FROM THE FREAKING FIRE! For four hours. Ugh.

But after one week of everyone having such an easy time of it, thanks to my well-set-up royal court, I just HAD to do something.

My sister says my sims games are boring, because I'm too good at it. Yeah. If there isn't aspirational failure, starvation, and death, she's not happy. This is what I grew up with (older sister - taught me so much), so it's no wonder I'm warped.

Yeah, I love that skin and hair, so I'm hoping I'll get a lot of it. Now, the name - Lermas - You do see what I did there, right?

Thanks so much, Keika!
Of course BARKs are real BACCs. It's just that mine has the queen cheating so rampantly, and no firm rules about setting up this lot or that, and no "earning," careers (only restricted by class), that it is not the same. Mine is more of a Start a Royal Queendom out small, and let it grow, as opposed to BARK. See what I mean? So, Strickland is following all the official rules. I have about 10 sheets on my spreadsheet, with formulas and all that jazz. It's fun! I've earned two more CAS sims, and will probably load them into the SimBin, so they can make appearances, before the first week is out. My founder did rather well for herself, her first week, despite the restaurant losing money, hand over fist. How anyone makes a profitable restaurant (without resorting to money perks) I do not know. That's one thing I've never managed to figure out. I just try to get one that will work well, when my other sims are visiting it. Fully staffed, and no blocking issues.

Clitheroe is definitely "real." You follow the rules and more. Of course,
Spoiler:
your simself gave up her goddess-powers. Strickland has no simselves. The Illamanati don't believe in them.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Yep, I do indeed! I didn't think about it before, but yeah, nice anagram. ^^

Some pro tips about Meslar and his worship, by the way, which will probably be soon coming out in Clitheroe (shhh--it's a seeecret!), Meslar is a "creation god" (i.e. simself), but has made himself a moon god as well. His theology is that he orbits the planet as the moon itself, watching over everyone in the world, and calling forth the creatures of the night to do his work. As such, he's got a strong connection to werewolves, vampires, cats... basically anything that goes bump in the night. Pretty nice that your two sims happened to be werewolves. ^^ Worshippers of Meslar like to build little altars in their yards meant to provide good places for moon-watching. :yes: At least, that's what my sims will be doing. What you do with yours is up to you, of course.
Oh don't worry, I wasn't actually offended or taking an attack at Clitheroe or anything, I was just teasing. ^^ Sounds like Strickland is going really well!
Spoiler:
The Illamanati doesn't believe in them. PffffHAHAHA!! XD
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Keika!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I noticed how he specifically wanted his occult sims saved, so of course, they had to be werewolves.

I can definitely work some moon worship into it, yeah! My seasons are 5 days long, so I'll pick one season to have the "full moon," and go with that. Probably spring. Otherwise, nights are nights, and they can acknowledge the moon, but it's not full moon major worshipping time.
Yeah, Strickland is still in its first week, because I just keep bouncing around. Gotta play to my mood, you know?
Spoiler:
I AM having fun with the Illamanati. I'm particularly fond of their flag. I'll have to post it, soon.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Aug 28

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bump! Week 2, Hunteris now posted!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

My poor Joshie....
Spoiler:
Kay he is seriously doing waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than I would be at this point. The loss of music would quite literally have driven me insane by now. Seriously when i was a kid my parents always knew if they wanted to get the seriousness of an offense through my head all they had to do was take the boom box away for a couple of days.....

But I d love the Hamlet and he's used to living in tune with nature...doubt that part bothers him at all really.....but yeah the no music that's torture. Or maybe it's your torturing me...... :upsidedown:

I love how everyone's name is starting with a J. It amuses me greatly for some reason.

Oh good you are letting him use music for 6 hours every now and then huh? Well okay I guess that's better than nothing.

Wishing well on the first try cool...that should make finding spouses easy enough.

Love how the pleasure sim mom uses pregnancy to get out of work without actually quitting. ROTFL> Though it looks like they are okay parents right now at least....

Great update Michelle.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, mysterymusic7!
Spoiler:
Yeah, he's not very happy. However, I do have plans for at least one merchant to open up some sort of a music club in The Hamlet. He can go there and play a violin or piano, maybe. Also, those harp-stereos are allowed. You can't smustle or hula or anything to them, but you can listen and dance, and they look right (except no one is actually playing them).

Yeah, I was both surprised and chuffed when they got that wishing well! Even with a high rate of failure due to being so limited in class (everyone else has two classes to choose from: their own, and the one below, but peasants are stuck with only their own class), I can see it being great for friendships and for dates. There's no rule against dating above your station.

And you know, there's really no rule that heirs or spares actually HAVE to get married. Josh may not like it, but I can see an illegitimate grandchild or three coming his way. It happened often enough in medieval times, after all. The Catholic church taught against fornication before marriage, but it happened then just as often as now, and without effective condoms. In fact, STDs, such as syphilis, were rather rampant.

I love how my reading is informing my game play. Their inheritance structure will be similar, too. Male primogeniture, unless there is no male to inherit, and then a female can inherit. That worked and happened quite a bit, especially among the lower classes. In the upper classes, with a title and huge dowries and all that jazz, they got more strict about such things. But peasants? Josh had better not be a prude.

Well, I suppose that depends on his kids, doesn't it? They might be the prudes. LOL!

Yes, I love how Jasmine gets to keep taking home that wonderful top-of-the-career pay. And Josh keeps going to work those three days. They are actually pretty much rolling in cash now, even though they did start with just selling their fish to get started. Kind of amazing, really, how they were able to get so much. They have barely used the store, but will open it up again, when the freeze sets in. Their lot is going to be much more tied to the seasons than the others, who can have grocery delivery and/or greenhouses. But even with a greenhouse, the ponds freeze.

I have just fallen in love with Jasmine. Rarely do I care about a married-in NPC so much. I think, actually, that if Jasmine had a chance to really hang out with Michelle Simself, they would be fast friends.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Great update!
Spoiler:
Josh and Jasmine are doing very well for themselves! But then I guess, given how enterprising they were in their rule-breaking first incarnation, it's not a surprise. And it does seem like it would be a lot easier to get rich if they're not allowed to buy anything.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks!

Yeah, since they have to save all their money, it adds up pretty quickly.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I love the challenge and the rules you play under. They feel a bit...I hesitate to say chiller(probably because it sounds silly) than other rule sets. If you don't mind, I may try to play the challenge under your rules. Again if you don't mind. I prefer more casual challenges and for one that seems to be a toughy, yours just seem to be more relaxed.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, knock yourself out! I'd love to see what you do with it!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Mar 6,

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Updated! "The Meanderer" family, Week 2, is up.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

yay!!!
going to reread this week!!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Groop just kept getting the most inappropriate LTW's ever didn't he. I think the raise 20 puppies and kittens one cracked me up the most. Has anyone ever done that for a sim? :rotfl:
Ah I see the rivalry between Groop and Joshua seems to be continuing. At least it hasn't turned lethal...I don't think Jsohie would stand a chance at picking a fight with him.
Sergio nice name. Will be interesting to see how he and his siblings turn out.
Grooplings...snicker.
Glad to see you back to this Michelle!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! I'm almost done with the next round, but... uhhhhh... I got totally sidetracked.
Spoiler:
I have never and will never attempt that want. Aaaah! who thought it was a good idea? Seriously?!

My favorite of his inappropriate wants, though, was the Intelligence one. He's just so incredibly wrong for it, you know? And it came up twice!

Yeah, the thing with Joshua... I have no idea how that will turn out. It's possible there may be a Romea and Julio situation, someday, but I'm not exactly planning on it. We'll see how things progress, naturally.

Sergio, btw, is the name of the creator of Groo the Wanderer, upon whom Groop the Meanderer is based. If they get a dog, it will definitely be named Rufferto, and I wouldn't be surprised if Groop insists on naming a second son (or, indeed girl!) "The Minstrel."

Grooplings just sort of came out, but I think it's here to stay.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Holy aspiration points, Batman!
Spoiler:
I don't think I've seen quite so many in one update :#1: The Meanders did astonishingly well for themselves, for a Peasant household!

And monumentally strong as well! The large rocks on the top shelves of those plasticy-looking shelves cracked me up.

I like the idea of a cheese-related business *adds to my list*
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Lorinsv!

Yeah, Groop never really worries about the laws of physics, does he? :?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Mar 19

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Updated! Week 2, Lermas is up!
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Caught up to week one! And that is a ludicrous amount of taxes, holy cowplant.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! Yeah, the merchants really made it for the whole town, didn't they?

I blame Twilight. Showed us how to do a speed BACC, and I just took that money-making to heart.

I'm doing a background BACC, when the mood strikes me, at a slower pace, just because.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Caught up to week 2:
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure a Who's your Daddy Challenge would drive me nutty, what with the constant pregnancy and the two dozen plus kids. Snapdragons are truly a miracle... I need to get my BACC clued into the snapdragon thing.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”