Lakewood: Just a BaCC [6th February, 2022]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [2nd April, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Time for an update! Week 3, Part 2 is now here for your reading pleasure, I hope you enjoy! :)
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [20th May, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Phew, finally time for another update! Here we go with the Curiouses again, this is Week 3, Part 3. I hope you enjoy!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [2nd April, 2016]

Post by raebeth47 »

Nice update!
Spoiler:
Cute kids! Love the grocery store and the vegetable bins, even if they just sell regular groceries.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [20th May, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Thanks! :)
Spoiler:
I'm quite happy with all the kids so far, they're cute yet sort of unique looking. The veggie stand is definitely pretty, regardless of what it sells. As for actual veggies, I do plan to set those up for sale in crates. I only need to wait that Regan and Jenny accumulate a sufficient amount so that they don't run out right away. It'll be nice for other playables to be able to buy veggies without growing them themselves.
Thanks for reading and commenting!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [2nd July, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Aaand, to celebrate the summer holidays, we have an update! Week 3, Part 4 is here, I hope you enjoy! :smoothie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Pure Entrepreneur looks cool, it's fun when you have to get creative finding ways to earn money.

Donte and Dora sure are cute kids! Haha, when they bring a friend named Odessa home from school, you just know there's an OWBC happenin' somewhere! ;)

The formula I use for successful Outings is select interactions that produce the highest result, preferably double pluses. Then repeat each one every third time: ie Red Hands, Gossip, Bust a Move almost always produce ++, then rinse and repeat. Romantic ones work really well too once the relationship is high enough. Of course, you might have to settle for single pluses in the beginning stages of a relationship and build up from there, after which reaching Rockin' goes quite a bit faster.

Another use is to invite kids on Outings at home, then let them sleep while the parents raise the meter, and at the end, everyone's motives go up.

Anyway, glad to see you're figuring them out! They can be really helpful for sustained community lot visits.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Lorin! :wave:

Pure Entrepreneur is definitely interesting, and something I haven't done before. There's lots of ways to make money in the game, and many of them go untried for me in my usual gameplay, because normally everyone gets the normal jobs.

I do think the Daniels' genes mix pretty well. :) And I suppose not many sims outside of an OWBC would get named Odessa. :haha:

Thanks for the outing tips! :) I'll need to keep those in mind when I do more of them, and I'd say at least the Fortunatos are definitely going to do more of them.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
ChokolateBanana

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [26th July, 2016]

Post by ChokolateBanana »

I just recently started reading your challenge and it's so entertaining that it makes me want to play The Sims more! I'm currently reading week 2 part 1 and I'm having a blast! :bounce:
Pssst, it has plantsims!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [28th August, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Hello, ChokolateBanana, and welcome aboard! :wave: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the challenge so far. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

And while we're at it, we also have a new update out. It's time for a new family in town! I hope you enjoy! :donut:
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Nice updates!
Spoiler:
I love the Daniels.
Brandi is rocking the TPC!
Great idea to start an Uglacy with a Romance sim! I'd definitely make her have 5 or 6 kids with different fathers to see who's the ugliest.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

So many side challenges! :popcorn:
(I have been spending the entire time while my pictures load to Photobucket for my own chapter reading this, and I'm done with round 2... Photobucket truly does suck plumbbobs. :censored: )
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

raebeth47:

Thanks! :)
Spoiler:
The Daniels are pretty cute I think. I may occasionally come to regret having everyone in the household named with a D-name because it can get confusing, but other than that, they're pretty great.

Brandi felt like an obvious choice for a TPC founder, and it turns out she's good at it. :)

Bella's start was maybe a bit rocky with the sparse pickings for a partner and all, but it was definitely interesting, and something I wouldn't usually do. That is an interesting idea definitely. :hmm:
Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:

Scribal_Goddess:

Hi and welcome aboard! :wave: Yeah, it's a lot of side challenges, and those will only continue to pop up I suppose. (Wow, Photobucket has really been acting up for you, hasn't it? I'd be mad at it, but it did bring you here... ;) ) Thanks for reading and commenting! :pie:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Caught up!
Spoiler:
I play mostly Riverblossom Hills, and the men are hard to tell apart. Andrew Martin (the dad) has black hair, while Jacob (his son) has brown... like every other plumbbobed guy in the neighborhood. I wouldn't be able to tell Gabe O'Mackey and Jason Greenman apart except that I styled them very differently, and one has glasses. (It helps that I let Jason and Rose have a boatload of kids and they're usually nearby when Jason is...)

Sanjay and Priya love each other no matter what neighborhood I play them in. It's sweet.
I'm going to try photobucket tomorrow, because it's laggy as hell right now (though everything uploaded, finally)... and maybe finally get this 95 image chapter done! :drinks:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Just got all caught up. Side challenges are so much fun. I'm doing similar thing in Silver Bend. I have a little trouble remembering the rules for things sometimes.
Spoiler:
Bella is certainly having a hard time finding a spouse. At least she finally found Peter. You're nicer than me, sometimes even if they only have 1 bolt I'll force them together.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Sorry for the lateness of replies, been way lazy recently!

Scribal_Goddess:

Yay for being caught up! :)
Spoiler:
Well glad to hear it isn't just me! I'm mostly new to at least most Riverblossom sims, so I have to check their names either in-game or in the Sims Wiki. This time, I was fooled because I thought Gabe was traveling with Andrew's son and hence he must be Andrew. Maybe. :dizzy:

Sanjay and Priya are pretty cute indeed. One of the few sims who've been drawn to their canon partners.
Congrats on getting a big update done! :) I hope Photobucket didn't give you too much trouble. Thanks for reading and commenting! :oreo:

Pony:

Hi, welcome aboard! :wave: Side challenges are a big part of the fun I think! *nodnod*
Spoiler:
Bella definitely had more trouble there than most of my sims so far. And to think she's a romancer on top of that. I've had one bolt couples who've been pretty awesome regardless. Generally I try not to force anyone together, I try to figure out who the sim wants, and ACR helps with that. With a genetic legacy though, it might be harder than usual, so we'll see what I'll end up doing in the long run.
Thanks for reading and commenting! :lemonade:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [30th October, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Finally bumping for an update! Week 3, Part 7 is finally here, and that wraps up the third week! I hope you enjoy! :cookie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [30th October, 2016]

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Katri, just got caught up and enjoyed Brandi's TPC as well as Bella and William in their Ugla- Prettacies.
Spoiler:
I don't know if the TPC allows it, but cheap deco objects work wonders for raising Fun levels, especially handy for kids returning from school with their Fun tanked.

My Romancers have a heck of a time finding Sims with decent chemistry, yet Knowledges who don't give a fig have bolts all over the place! Congrats on making a working vacation destination of your own! Was one of Bella's 13 vacation mementos the extremely elusive for me Hang Loose?

Extreme Start looks like a fun handicap, and nice that it's not a long-term hardship.
Great updates, and welcome, Lakewood, to Week 4! :D
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [31st December, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

The last update of the year! (It's aaalmost midnight here!) The first instalment of the fourth week, the Davidsons again, I hope you enjoy, and have a Happy New Year! :firecracker:

Lorin, I'm sorry it took me so long to reply! I thought the update was right around the corner, and I'd reply when posting it, and then I kept getting distracted... Anyway, yay for being caught up!
Spoiler:
Hmm, I don't think that's disallowed by the rules, should probably check. Thanks for the tip!

Heh, yeah, it's funny how it works that way sometimes. You'd think the romancers would have some bolts, but nooo... :) Thanks, it was fun making a destination! Bella couldn't yet get to Hang Loose, 'cause it was only after her trip that I was able to fix my vacation townies so that they know how to do it. Hopefully next time!

I like the Extreme Start. It gives some extra challenge for the start, but in the long term, it's no problem.
Thank you, again, for reading and commenting! :donut:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [31st December, 2016]

Post by Lorinsv »

Hooray, a new week for Lakewood!
Spoiler:
What does "ace" mean?

I just realized that warlocks never show up at my community lots, only witches. :?

Whoa, the music venue raked in some serious simoleons from tips! Must try that myself. I love finding less conventional ways to earn money, especially for the BaCC! :plumbob2:

I also look forward to watching Lizzie make her way up the Dance career as an elder - the outfits should be... interesting :P

I'm working on my MV update, and Dance plays a part too!
Happy New Year, cheers!
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”