Lakewood: Just a BaCC [6th February, 2022]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Lakewood: Just a BaCC [6th February, 2022]

Post by katrisims »

Welcome to "Lakewood: Just a BaCC"! It's my first published BaCC attempt, which I've wanted to do for a longish while. Part of the appeal of this challenge to me is its potential for sub-challenges, so those will probably be popping up here and there. I rarely do anything with the premades, so for this challenge, they will act as my townies. As I already write two other, rather plot-intensive works, this is rather intended an observational challenge and a fun distraction. So no plot (someone please :pan: me if any tries to sneak in...), just gameplay documentation!

In any case, I hope you enjoy!

Week 1:
Davidson | Capp | Curious | Fortunato

Week 2:
Davidson | Capp | Curious | Fortunato | Broke

Week 3:
Davidson | Capp | Curious | Fortunato | Broke | Goth | Trollson

Week 4
Davidson | Capp | Curious | Fortunato | Broke | Goth | Trollson

Week 5
Davidson | Capp | Curious

If you're interested in a particular family / side challenge, below is an index arranged by household (the same exact chapters, just arranged differently):
Spoiler:
Davidson (10 gen. legacy)
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

Capp (DITFT)
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

Curious (OWBC)
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

Fortunato (Pure Entrepreneur challenge)
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Broke (TPC)
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Goth (Uglacy)
Week 3
Week 4

Trollson (Prettacy)
Week 3
Week 4
Side challenges played in the neighborhood:

Legacy challenge
Differences in the Family Tree challenge
Officially Wacky Boolprop Challenge
Pure Entrepreneur challenge
Trailer Park Challenge
Last edited by katrisims on February 6th, 2022, 12:39 pm, edited 35 times in total.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [1st August, 2015]

Post by katrisims »

Another update done: Week 1, Part 3 is now available here.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :D

Wow! I wonder what other challenges you're going to add to your neighborhood. What a nice start and I like the Sim families! :thup:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Heh, well there's a bunch of challenges I've been wanting to do and since a BaCC has such nice potential for sub-challenges, I decided to combine the two. To tell the truth, I don't entirely know myself what I'm going to add. :D I have thoughts for the next one, but not 100% sure yet.

Thank you, and thanks for reading and commenting! :plumbob2:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Another productive update, Lakewood is moving right along! :D
Spoiler:
I thought I'd read that only mean Sims will get the gnome back, glad to have that confirmed. Haha, good old Nervous came through in more ways than one!

I didn't know there were bad consequences when trying to build a bug collection, good to know. *adds collecting bugs to my lonnnng to-do list*

Curious Gadgets is a good name for a nice little business. I love running retail shops!

And congrats to Pascal, Bonita is a cute little nooboo :whome: I love that she'll have a sibling playmate soon.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Lorin! :wave:
Spoiler:
I suspected the grouchiness would be the thing, and that seems to be the consensus among readers. So clearly, Nervous was a good choice for a spouse! Not that I don't like him otherwise. :hug:

Yeah, you'll get chased by bees on occasion, which lowers comfort. I don't think I've seen other negative outcomes than that.

Thanks, I kinda like the name myself. :) The shop looks a little unfinished to me (as does Regan's store), maybe I'll come up with nice ideas how to make it look better once the family has more money. I'm enjoying running the businesses, and seeing that this is a BaCC, that's a good thing!

Bonita is a cutie. :heart: Of course, they all are at that stage, so we'll see how she turns out. Anyway, I'm excited for having an alien, I don't have those too often. I'm looking forward to having a playmate for her soon. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [19th August, 2015]

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update!
Spoiler:
The buffet is a great idea! Curious, though, if it satisfies the want Sims get for dining out? My Pagoda Sushi (food stand) doesn't, so I'm making plans to add at least one regular restaurant, and normally I wouldn't feel pressure to get it to level 10 (I confess they're not my favorite type of business to run), but Nellie Mazza wants 5 top businesses and her stepdad is in Culinary which I think is a cute way for them to bond further :whome: , so I guess I'll be doing it anyway! Oh well, at least I get to look forward to food being dumped on her customers, which I haven't had happen in my game yet but it always amuses me when I see it in others'. :party2:

The Daniels are funny together, but I like Chloe too, so it'll be interesting to see who ends up getting together. And speaking of Pleasants, LOL! mess with Mary Sue at your own peril! :pan:

I can definitely see having a premade free-for-all, except one has to draw the line with Cassandra and her parents, I think. Do any of the Veronaville premades have that issue? I'm not really familiar with them at all, or Shakespeare for that matter, so I am literally clueless in that regard.

Pure Entrepreneur looks like fun, and perfectly suited to a BaCC.

I shouldn't have read this so late at night - Daniel's busy busy week has worn me out too! :faint:

G'night!
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Thanks! Hmm, I don't know, I haven't had anyone visit the lot as a customer yet. It'd be cool if it did, maybe I'll test it. :) I think I'm going to try a regular restaurant at some point too, with a bigger family so that I have more staff available.

I'm sort of torn between Daniel P. and Chloe, I like them both but in a Pure Entrepreneur challenge, I can really only have one (living in, at least). Of course, there's still other options - I know Daniel has two bolts with Nina Caliente, at least - but really someone should be moving in rather soon... Yep, I wouldn't mess with Mary Sue!

Yeah, Cassandra and Mortimer were definitely too weird. I know they aren't related in Lakewood, but at the same time, I know they are... I don't really know about Veronaville, either. I think there aren't many elders with adult offspring that could cause the same problem: from what I remember, the elders are taking care of the teenagers because their parents, the adults are dead. I'm not sure of the relationships between all the bin sims, though. Generally I'd think adult siblings would be more common than adult children of elders. Cassandra and Mortimer have been the only ones I've seen causing trouble so far, though.

So far Pure Entrepreneur is definitely fun, and I like how amazingly well it supports a BaCC!

Yeah, it was a pretty exhausting week, for Daniel, me, and readers alike I'm sure! :grin:
Thanks for reading and commenting! :hug:
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Spoiler:
Nice start to your town! Love the idea of doing a different challenge with each family. And impressive to have 4 households right off the bat! Looking forward to the next rotation.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi there, and welcome aboard! :wave:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the start I got. :) I do very much like doing side challenges for the families, we'll see how long I can keep coming up with challenges for everyone... Well, it might be that not everyone gets a side challenge if I don't feel like it, and on the other hand, nothing says I can't do repeats, either.

By the way, I've been catching up with your BaCC, too. Only you're so much further along that it may take some time yet to be fully caught up. But I'm reading and enjoying. :)
Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [13th October, 2015]

Post by katrisims »

Nope, not dead yet. After some busy times, sickness, distraction and other excuses, I present you: week 2, part 1! I hope you enjoy. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay for an update and moar population!
Spoiler:
I think a Walmart-type store is a perfect first community lot for a BaCC and even realistic, as it mirrors how they pop up all over in small towns, at least in the US.

AJ looks cute with his makeover, and thanks for pointing out the llamas on the tie, I love little discoveries like that!

Lucky the matriarchy got Lauren on the second try. I'm sure she was biding her time while her brother got most of the attention because she knows she'll be the focus next week, especially with no Smartmilk allowed :P

That painting glitch is bad enough, but doubly so in a Legacy - I hope it doesn't continue to plague them.

Still digging the two sets of scores you post at the end!
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Moar population is always good. *nods* Updates are nice, too. :)
Spoiler:
I'll admit I didn't even think about being realistic! I decided that I wanted a general store where my sims could shop for the basic necessities before someone establishes a player-run store for each of those things, and at the default price. And of course, another motivation is that at one point or another, I plan to add a TPC family, for which a Walmart is good to have.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how Ajay turned out. It's fun doing makeovers. :) And the little discoveries are the best! I'm still not sure if they're llamas or not, the texture isn't that sharp, but to me it looks like the llama logos from some Uni items.

Yeah, I'm pretty relieved that already the second child was a girl. I shudder to think of all the toddler training if they had boy after boy after boy! And well, it's true that Lauren will get plenty of attention next week!

Yeah, the painting issue wasn't very nice. Here's hoping it doesn't happen again.

Thanks! It's fun keeping track of the challenge scores. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting, Lorin! :hug:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [1st November, 2015]

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay, update!
Spoiler:
I forgot Regan's household was a DITFT, nice to see that start to play out and progress being made!
I laughed when R and J had to drink coffee to stay awake for their wedding :P And dayum, what is it with Sims and their obsession with bags of chips at weddings?! They do it all the time in my game too. Still, it's one of my favorite things about throwing a wedding party, is seeing what they get up to when you can't control them :party2:
Over the years I've had so few blond kiddos I really enjoy seeing them - Reese is certainly a cutie, and a cool mix of personality extremes!
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Yay comment! ^^
Spoiler:
It feels nice to be actually scoring some points for the DITFT now, I mean other than the "you reached the first generation by placing the sim on the lot" point. I've never done this particular challenge before, so it's a bit of a novelty, too.

Oh yeah, Regan and Jenny were a liiittle bit tired already by the time I actually got to arrange their wedding. But I was not going to postpone it any longer, so some :coffee: it was. :D I kind of tend to have that issue with evening weddings, I think.

I have no idea! They do it in regular parties too of course, but somehow, maybe even more at weddings? And despite the buffet, too. :duh: But it is fun watching parties exactly because all the free will, even if it results in emptying the fridge. :)

This was one of the few cases where getting a blonde kid was easy! I'm curious to see how Reese turns out when she's older.
Thanks for reading and commenting, Lorin! :hug:
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

:jawdrop: Someone else did a legacy and a BACC! I know not the same as I, but definitely wish I started reading this sooner!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Oh, so we had a similar idea independently of each other, funny how that works sometimes! :) Welcome to the party, thanks for reading and commenting! :cookie:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”