Solfège BaPARQC (18/10/-15) INDEFINITE HIATUS

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Solfège BaPARQC (August 17th)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Update! What is this new household?
Ladro
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

:cryingeyes: Gah! That last chapter!

I had to reread these along with the rules, but oh it makes a lot more sense!
Spoiler:
Was actually hoping you would do this for the kids!! Did you end up killing the caretaker or did she die by her own sim ways?
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
It was totally legit too. There's nothing in the rules against adoption, right? Though I actually moved them in using the Sim Blender, which would've been the same as adopting, syncing the ages and removing family ties. The household must have at least 3000 simoleons as per the game mechanics, so I made sure not to furnish the home too extensively.
Well... does locking her out in the cold count as killing?
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Spoiler:
Ahh that's how you did it, and yeah I was even thinking of having the Queen take care of them as "adopted" servants (like how sometimes there is royal stories of the royal family taking in a poor child for the benefit of their kingdom). Yeah definitely interested when you get around to continue again.

Yes, yes it does count as a kill from the simmer standpoint. However, I think it was worth it in this situation.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Proteus Mirabilis

Post by Proteus Mirabilis »

Hi, I just dropped by to leave some quick thoughts:
Spoiler:
I like the different formats you're presenting the families in, log or diary style writing doesn't work for everybody but you're doing it great. It gives us insight into the harshness of your family's life. I found color-coding the status of the families work, even if in those suits it's kind of difficult to keep up with who's who.

How did the Tifones get to be so poor?, I get they're supposed to be peasants and all, but none of your other families seem to be having that issue in such a magnitude.
All in all I'm loving this, keep it up!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
Why thank you! I'm trying to make each style different to reflect the characters, feels as if I'm going to run out at some point. I can't tell anyone from the same class apart unless I mouse-over or they're pregnant :P Kind of bummed that I won't be able to change the children into hazmat suits, neither now or when they grow up. I'm also disappointed with the fact that the only people that know a royal are the people that aren't supposed to.

Their (my) mistake was to have children right away instead of climbing up the career ladder first. Of course the game threw me quads meaning that both had to stay home, and with Journalism and Slacker restrictions it took a while before any suitable job showed up (not to mention their class restrictions).
Edit: Rotation three is up and running! Well, more like crawling.
Tifone
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Solfège BaPARQC (September 15th)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yes, crawling...
Spoiler:
Had to reread a few things, been absent of comments lately. I think my last one was on the second house of the second rotation. Anyway, I read them and now I can comment again so I know where it is. Still ambitious to take on both at once. :thup:
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Spoiler:
That penguin, gives you no worthwhile credit! I hope you are able to slowly keep this going!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Might have been a bit foolhardy to take on such a challenge before gaining enough experience, but sure, let's call it ambitious. Thanks for reading!
Bouncer:
Spoiler:
I know right! But the penguin is such a NPC that it could just as well start singing MC Hammer... I hope so too. Who knows, maybe I'll even finish it without breaking too many rules? *fingers crossed that a BFBVFS won't get to it first* Thanks for reading!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just read the Ladro and Tifone updates.
Spoiler:
Oh, it's so cool that you have the children's shelter going, so you can continue to play the kids! I get the feeling, though, that Lea's letter to her mother doesn't even get delivered, since her mother made no mention of it in her own update.

Wow, they are in some sort of horrible financial spiral, aren't they? YIKES! I hope they manage to survive, and maybe have an heiress. I have to confess that when I had a family get to that point, I just started the apocalypse over. And then I didn't finish it, because the computer died. I've learned a lot about sim-survival over the years and more than twenty attempts. My hat's off to you for your perseverance under overwhelming odds, here.

Oh, that reminds me. I need to back-up my neighborhoods again.

Oh, and thanks for the shout-outs! I LOVE my zombie-self.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
I doubt it to be delivered at all, with the streets so unsafe...

I don't really know how to get them on the greener side of the grass plain. I'm thinking about having another family donate money, but that doesn't sound very allowed considering the restrictions. I'm counting Adele as the Tifone heiress, but in order to move her into the family residence I need to lift both Military and Journalism, which feels light-years away. It might take another generation before anything at all is lifted. Culinary seems to be the most promising one, fingers crossed!

Perseverance, eh? I'll let you in on a trick: Whenever everything feels hopeless and you either want to pull out motherlode or Rodney's Death Creator, save and exit the game. It can take me several rl-days to get past one in-game day.

Your zombie-self is EVERYWHERE. She's visited just about every lot I've played since I townie-fied her. It makes me want to use her in the story, but that'll have to wait until the zombies are able to be negotiated with. Thank you for reading!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
I can see how it would take so long, if you have to actually exit the game whenever you're frustrated. Wow. As for survival, I have had it where I just gave up on the founder lifting a restriction, and just focused on getting ONE KID to teendom, and merely surviving until they could start their adult life with just that slight advantage of having a few cleaning points, already. One reason I often start with a female founder is so that I can do the give-up-and-have-a-kid thing.

ROFL! I don't know why, but the fact that my zombie simself goes all over your neighborhood just made me laugh so hard! I hope she doesn't annoy you too much.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Wow, a build a royal apocalyptic kingdom challenge? That's so crazy, I've gotta binge-read it all at once!
Spoiler:
But seriously, this challenge is super ambitious. And you've got plot going on too? Color me impressed!

I'm glad you got the "kidnapped" kids back into the neighborhood. Especially Carmelo, since he's the only child in his family. The poor Soares family is kind of doomed without heirs and without a way to get any more heirs, isn't it? :O

I like the hazard suits. Really nice touch.

Props for going to the effort to turning the townies (and simselves!) into zombies, too. Another really nice touch. :D

This is a really great challenge! I'm looking forward to the next update, but don't push yourself and burn out on it, either. This thing is ambitious enough, you have all the license in the world to take your time without getting nagged for more. :yes:

Update, plz? :D
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Solfège BaPARQC (October 17th)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Soares Update! Will try to get Lagorio out this weekend too.

Keika: Sorry for the late reply! And why does everyone call me crazy? :P Oh wait...
Spoiler:
The essence of any plot is conflict, and it just seems to come naturally in this challenge.

I couldn't stand the thought of having the children stay in a limbo with no one adopting them. If you look closely at their caretaker you can see that I extracted the Social Worker's genetics and used them on her :D I hope to get them to move in to their childhood homes, but I'd need to lift Military and Journalism first *mumble grumble*. Yes, Carmelo is pretty much the only hope for Soares since his daddy's a bachelor now. Then again he's a male.

I like the hazard suits too. Though it's bad that some sims refuse to use them and that they aren't available for children (plus I won't be able to pick clothes until Show Biz is lifted...)

I have a hankering to include more simselves as zombies, but then the teen townies probably wouldn't even bother showing up. And the grey skin on the townies is just from the cold, I didn't zombify them :lol:

Thanks for the kind words :hug: The childless families have kind of become my favorites, but then again I need heirs to continue the bloodlines, so I need to compromise at some points. Seems right now that the ones who'll lift restrictions won't get their DNA passed on. Like I've said before, this challenge will be done in small doses. Thanks for reading!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Is it just me or is the link going back to October 14th and not the most recent one? Unless that is most recent...
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

That is the most recent one. I wrote the first part of the post on the 14th, then saved it as a private post so I could continue later. Livejournal won't save drafts manually, you either need to publish or copy-paste it somewhere else.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
I have to admit I'm having a hard time following how you're combining the Apocalypse and BaCC rules, but you are doing a bang-up job of capturing the misery of an Apocalypse, which I always appreciate seeing. I've also seen some of your posts saying that it's a real struggle to play, I hope you are able keep it going somehow!
Image Image
ISTJ
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Solfège BaPARQC (October 18th)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Here, have another one!

Lorin:
Spoiler:
Thank you! While writing I'm actually using the misery I experience while playing the challenge as a base, so no wonder it's accurate :haha: Just kidding, it's fun to play when you know what you're doing. There's a link to the rules in the main post, the most obvious mash-up is seen in the careers. For example, Culinary is unlocked from the beginning but only available to peasant spares, while Military would require a §300,000 lot to be built but is available for everyone to partake in. Thanks for reading!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
No, penguin, that didn't really seem like a cookbook. :lol:

Well, I managed to miss your first update, so we'll start there! Poor Mr. Gilscarbo Mr. Soares, stuck at home with no one to cuddle with and no son to fill his time and getting fired from his job and somehow ending up $5000 in debt. ...what a week. :rotfl:

And by the way? "Shut it. I'm here for the other chair." :haha:

As for the Lagorio update, such fun! Truly a perfect survival guide to the apocalypse! Poor guy seems to be getting just a little lonely. :upsidedown: Good news that Alejandra is already over halfway to the top of her job! I hope Emile eventually gets his cuddle time. Those two would probably make some pretty cute kiddos. :D

Okay, that's it. Looking forward to the next one!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Keika:
Spoiler:
Just wait 'til he's an elder *shrug*

I want to see their genetics blend, but the pregnancy needs to match with the vacation days... Plus, someone's going to have to be home to take care of the kiddo. Fingers crossed that Alejandra won't go infertile before becoming Captain Hero!

Thanks for reading! Iron Values is next on the list, so you might have to wait a bit ;)

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”