How about a different kind of challenge?

monikerzap

How about a different kind of challenge?

Post by monikerzap »

but this looks like the best place for my question.

I recently started a Sims 4 Legacy Challenge and was thinking of starting another, but then I thought "How about a different kind of challenge?"

Anybody have ideas on how to do an Apocalypse and/or a For Every Generation there is a Genre challenge in Sims 4?
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Wasn't sure...

Post by Teresa »

I moved this to Sims 4 Challenge Chat. The other forum is for actual rulesets, so this is the best place for your question.

I know someone has started a DITFT challenge in Sims 4 already, and I think they are just taking the previous rules and adapting them. I haven't seen anything "official" but I haven't looked yet. The ISBI seems to be a good challenge for the way Sims 4 plays, also.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Lorsty

Re: How about a different kind of challenge?

Post by Lorsty »

I've been thinking about this and I think I'm going to create something like the EPIC challenge for Sims 3.

The ideas I have so far are:
  • There would be ten generations, one for every Aspiration category (Athletic Aspirations, Nature Aspirations, etc.).
  • There would be different ways of meeting a generation's goal, depending on the Aspirations. (E.g. the Nature generation goal could be achieved via gardening, fishing or collecting).
  • Instead of global restrictions like in the Apocalypse Challenge, the restrictions would be limited to each generation. So the Nature generation might be restricted to only eating what they produce/catch but all the others wouldn't have that restriction.
  • The challenge would have two or three branching points. For example, Generation Two could be Knowledge or Creativity. Generation Five could be Mischief or Romance, etc.
  • To make the challenge more interesting, rewarding and, well, challenging, I was thinking of adding Bonuses and Penalties to each generation. These, unlike restrictions, would carry over to the following generations UNLESS a specific secondary goal was completed by the previous heir.
Honestly, I was thinking of just doing my own version of the Apocalypse Challenge (I love it to heck and back), but the Emotions change everything. Besides, I always have a hard time keeping track of every single restriction in the challenge, especially when some restrictions are shared by more than one category.

Anyway, I know what I want to do might not be everyone's cup of tea, after all I know I can go overboard with my self imposed challenged (*cough* ISBI Apocalypse Challenge *cough*), however I think that a "Choose your Own Adventure" kind of challenge might be fun.

Right now I'm still working on the preliminary details, but if you want I could share my rules here when I'm done. :)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

This sounds like the challenge I have been working on, unpublished. My first generation is Knowledge / Astronaut. The founder/heir and spouse must each take the same career but different branches and only one pregnancy per generation. I was thinking this was more like the DITFT instead of the EPIC though.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Has anyone tried a Wishacy/Whimacy for Sims 4? How did it go? I'm curious as to how the whim style would work for the challenge.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”