Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?

bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?

Post by bookloverblue »

Hi folks,

I recently commenced an Asylum Challenge - Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged - but I'm struggling somewhat when it comes to writing it up.

To make the story a bit more unique, I've given it a Victorian setting and tried to make the inmates into interesting and distinct characters. However, the gameplay up until now tends to be similar day after day, which makes it hard to keep the story fresh and moving. I'm also used to crafting a more character-driven narrative, which is harder to do when you can only play as, and influence the life of, one Sim.

In short, I'd like tips on how to keep the story interesting and readable. Are there ways I could influence events whilst remaining within the challenge rules? Should I just craft a story anyway and not worry about it fully reflecting the game? Should I try a different writing approach?

All ideas welcome!
ZaleISBI
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Advice on writing Asylum Challenge?

Post by ZaleISBI »

I've never tackled an Asylum Challenge, but I can tell you, it's your story! If you find you need to control another Sim from time to time, for storytelling purposes, I'd go for it! Maybe alternate inmates a day... or set some sort of alternative rule for yourself. And with all rules, follow or ignore as necessary!

Sounds like a pretty cool take on a fun challenge - very new and unique! I'm off to check it out!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”