I chose/decided in my challenge..... because....

ninaumi

I chose/decided in my challenge..... because....

Post by ninaumi »

Hello! I have decided to open this topic because I chose the first restriction for my Apocalypse Challenge to be a career in Bussiness - Management. That's because the situation because we have that restriction is present in my country, and someone dearest to me is mistreated badly in the workplace That is basically, I think, the worst thing in my country.

Feel free to share your reasons for some action in some of the challenges out there!
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: I chose/decided in my challenge..... because....

Post by Taube »

Sorry about your friend, ninaumi. I think worker protections need to be strengthened in a lot of places, but my opinion is neither here nor there for this thread, so . . .

I also started an unpublished apocalypse challenge (unpublished because I haven't figured out what to do with it yet - I planned to publish it). I was going to have the founding couple lift Business - Management to avoid the pregnancy problem and Culinary - Chef so they could eat semi-normally. I thought those two were the most restrictive to keeping up their needs and expanding their family.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I apologise, I haven't started that challenge yet, I'm still at my Wonder Child. But, I plan on doing that, with lifting that restriction, and that is also for the reason you mentioned. I forgot about the "other half" of the "child".
I know that this question isn't for this thread, but what Sim could be the spouse?
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Have fun with the WC challenge. I liked it so much I did it twice. ;)

It's been a while since I've read the rules, but I know until you lift a certain restriction, you can only move in one sim per generation, and there's another lift that allows you to use legacy loves or other wonder children essentially. Until then, it should be a sim in the neighborhood and you only get one shot at a spouse. I think he wasn't terribly specific about who you can marry within the neighborhood, but I decided my WC could marry anyone that I didn't already know their traits before they started chatting, so it wasn't like I was "picking" a spouse. He ended up moving in (and would marry if I ever played him again) Nina Caliente because I played this early in the life of Sims 4, and I didn't know anything about this version of her. If I restart it, I might restrict myself to townies. Not sure.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I did have fun with the WC challenge. :)

I read and read the rules until I was sure I had all restrictions in my head, and then knew (I hope) what IS possible/allowed. I think that a founder can marry townies, and can propose multiple times... I did that with my founder's spouse. He proposed twice before they got married. I restarted the challenge a few times when I played just a couple of sim days because I wanted to brush up my tactics a little, as much as I can. Now I am really enjoying it. :)

BTW I chose for the spouse to become Mixologist. That is because I realized that sims can fill up their hygiene needs with just washing hands, but when the Mixologist restriction is lifted, then sims can also brush their teeth. Other benefits for me are just perks that come with that. :) I also don't mind harvesting wild plants for awhile. :) Also, flirting with people is extremely difficult when you're smelly or dirty. :P
Whirligig

Post by Whirligig »

I think when I did the apocalypse challenge, the first restrictions I lifted were journalism and chef. It was a purely strategic choice. Journalism because showers, but also because my wonder child/founder would be able to write skill books, thus imparting his knowledge on his wife and children. In my first (quicky abandoned) attempt, the wife didn't have any cooking skill, and I realized there wasn't any easy way to raise it to level 3 so she could at least fry fish.

Most of my decisions have been strategic. In my Immortal Dynasty Challenge, gen 1 did two popularity aspirations because I knew the neighbourhood dying out would be a problem. I wanted the 'have 20 friends' requirement to be easily accomplished, and accomplished early. Gen 2 is doing big happy family because having three children in one generation really won't be possible much later on in the challenge. Gen 3 will be doing deviance aspirations because hopefully my pollinators will have kept enough sims in enough houses for the clogging drains part of the aspiration. I'm even planning on putting off installing City Living until I desperately need an injection of new sims in my IDC file (I assume San Myshuno will come with new families/townies).

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”