The Gregory Legacy - Update 5/8/22!

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Genevieve Peyton

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 6/21/15

Post by Genevieve Peyton »

I always feel so accomplished when I have a nursery! It's funny that other simmers feel that way too lol
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 6/21/15

Post by Taube »

jessika - Thanks for your spot-on comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Aaron grows up in a most amusing way, but I'll leave the details to the next chapter. ;) I hope they notice the pool more now too! Silly sims.

Genevieve - Yes, the nursery made the house feel complete! I hate just sticking babies anywhere, and it sucks to have a crying baby wake up whoever else is in the room with them. Plus I love using the cute décor items, and nurseries fit the bill.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 7/30/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 9, with a great cameo by Aaron's eyebrows, is now available. ;)
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

I have just caught up with your last two chapters. They were great as usual!
Spoiler:
You are very nice to your spares finding them spouses and building them a house. So far I have just sorted of kicked them out bar one. Not to mention the one that accidentally died oops!

I agree the pools are lovely. I have to initiate my sims into things too, the worst is trying to get them excited for birthdays. I was impressed you had the majority of sims celebrating at the birthday party in chapter 9 though haha.

Wow Aaron's eyebrows were quite evil! Some of the things sims grow up in really amuse me. I remember when my gen 2 heir Ronan grew up with a really thick monobrow I was in stitches. Overall the three teens are all very pretty though. I am sure Aaron will make a good heir even if he is crabby :P Dayna is very cute too so hopefully that will work out. Ooh hot tub! I bought the Get to Work expansion and the outdoor retreat pack but I haven't bought any of the other stuff packs and I am so very tempted!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Aw, thanks, emmalouise. :D
Spoiler:
The birthday party involved a fair amount of "go here, no, don't go play the game, x that out, now go here" before I could get them all in the same room. Birthdays do not seem to be as much of a draw as they used to be, but I like at least the appearance of a family celebrating together. I remember Ronan's monobrow! Yes, the way they grow up can be quite amusing/frightening at times! I like the stuff and game packs (I'm a sheep and have bought them all so far), though I was a little disappointed that Spa Day didn't come with a new aspiration or trait like Outdoor Retreat did. The hot tubs are fun, and I've been really happy with the CAS content and build/buy objects so far. Anyway, thanks again for reading!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 8/21/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 10 is out now!
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

Another great chapter! :thup:
Spoiler:
Dayna is so pretty and she makes a cute couple with Aaron! I think you are right, Marjorie would look odd without the hat now. Haha the counter at the party! The house in my legacy often ends up a bit messy, I have hired a maid but they hardly ever show up. Aw your poor dollhouse, I feel your pain! So many selfies. Looking forward to more :)
Genevieve Peyton

Post by Genevieve Peyton »

I love your photo-taking style. How do you capture such great faces? I imagine you never use the speed-up button or you just have the patience of some sort of fantastical sim camera god.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

emmalouise:
Spoiler:
Thanks for your comments! I actually haven't tried a maid yet because I've heard so much about them being unreliable that I figured, why bother? Most of the appliances are upgraded so that they rarely get dirty, but I can't upgrade the counter, unfortunately. :haha: Thanks for reading!
Genevieve Peyton:
Spoiler:
Aw, thank you. What a nice thing to say. I only use fast speed when they're all skilling, out of the house, or sleeping, so I am a pretty slow player, but that's how I get a lot of pictures. I also take a ton of pics and just don't include the ones that aren't worthwhile, in my opinion. I love sims' expressions, especially in this game, and I try to base my characters on what they do in the game, so I'm always zooming in to see what they're doing even during mundane things, and it's often quite amusing. I'm glad you like it. :)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 8/30/15

Post by Taube »

Update with Chapter 11!
emmalouise

Post Counts

Post by emmalouise »

This was a really funny chapter!
Spoiler:
I loved Aarons wedding outfit :lol: Dayna looked very pretty too I guess :tongue: Wow so many sick sims in such a short space of time! Your wedding venue looks lovely from the photos, it's a shame you can't get everyone sitting down for weddings. I never can either. Plus the majority of my guests turn up half way through the ceremony :haha: Aw no, not more hates children! Doll houses don't stand a chance in the sims 4. Unfortunately so far in my game unless they are actually the father or mother they do get tense moodlets around their grandchildren and nephews/nieces etc. Maybe you will have more luck in your game though. Congratulations on your first set of twins! I'm excited to see how they grow up.
Anyways i've rambled enough now... great chapter! :thup:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thanks, emmalouise! :D
Spoiler:
I was kind of hoping you might chime in about the hates children trait, and while it's bad news, it's better to be prepared. I kind of figured it might be that way anyway, though I was still hoping for not. So thanks for the warning. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter, and yes, the twins are a lot of fun once aged up and I'm excited to get the next chapter out, hopefully soon, since I'm playing ahead some. Thanks for reading!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 9/7/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 12 is available now!
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 9/12/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 13 is out. :)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 9/12/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 14 is available for reading now. :)
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 10/13/15

Post by Taube »

Chapter 15, featuring a spooky party, is up now. :)
emmalouise

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 10/13/15

Post by emmalouise »

Ooh two chapters to catch up on!
Spoiler:
I just want to start by saying the house looks lovely, that is a very tricked-out patio!

Aw it's so sad when the first sim from baby to death dies! It's even worse in the sims 4 now the loved ones left behind to mourn for a couple of days! The lip quivering and constant sobbing really gets me! Poor Marjorie, she choose the best spot to go too :lol:

I loved the halloween party! even though it is a shame no one else came dressed up. I may or may not have just went and bought the spooky pack after reading this chapter... :tongue: The costumes looked so good!

Looking forward to more :thup:
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Gregory Legacy - Update 10/28/15

Post by Taube »

Thanks, emmalouise! Yes, the patio got a little excessive perhaps, but it is actually kind of hard to spend that much money on a house. :haha: If you get Spooky Stuff, I hope you like it. I really enjoy it, but I love Halloween. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 16 is now up!
Ellenyarai

Post Counts

Post by Ellenyarai »

This family is so frackin adorable. I love this legacy!
Spoiler:
How did you manage so many kids at once? I was ready to pull my hair out with five.
Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

Thanks, Ellenyarai! I'm so glad you liked it! :D
Spoiler:
Keeping the kids busy is key for me, but it does result in fewer 'photo opportunities' of them doing spontaneous silly stuff. I always played large families in Sims 2, so I'm an old hand at extreme micro-managing. :haha: Now that I'm used to the game, and especially since I've played 1-1/2 Wonder Child Challenges, I've learned some Child Optimization Strategies. ;) It also helps to focus on the heiress (or heir, as the case may be). For instance, no one else ever gets help with homework because then the adults would have no time for their stuff!

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”