A New Difference in the Family Tree - Updated 4/1/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

A New Difference in the Family Tree - Updated 4/1/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

This is the landing page for my Difference in the Family Tree (DIFT) Challenge which is part of my larger Achievement Challenge. I had attempted the DIFT previously in the Sims 3 and got as far as Generation 13 before updating to the Sims 4. It was always one of my favorite legacies, so I am looking forward to trying it again the Sims 4. I found two different versions of this challenge one with 25 Generations and one with 10 Generations. They have a couple of differences so I might combine tasks.

Overview & Succession Laws
Generation One: Week 1 - Spring
Generation One: Week 2 - Summer
Generation One: Weeks 3 & 4 - Fall
Generation One: Week 5 - Winter Part 1 - NEW
Generation One: Week 6 - Winter Part 2 - NEW
Last edited by Designergirl81 on April 1st, 2024, 11:51 am, edited 7 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: A New Difference in the Family Tree

Post by ciyrose »

YAY, I love DIFT's too, and have been enjoying the heck out of mine. Excited to see how yours will go.
Spoiler:
The rules you are following are a bit different than the ones I'm using, they look really fun! Lots of objectives for Adam, he looks fun! Awww, Luna, I love it! Oh already puppies, that would be a surprise. Awww, it's small but cute!! Good that Adam likes gardening, it would be a LONG generation if he didn't. I like Hannah, she is super cute. Adam will be super busy with all the animals and garden, it seems like a nice life to me, busy but nice. The puppies are super cute, I love how they got coloring for different parents. YAY for an engagement at the end of the week!! 3 dogs is a lot, so I totally understand.
A really fun update.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: September 18th, 2023, 12:36 pm YAY, I love DIFT's too, and have been enjoying the heck out of mine. Excited to see how yours will go.
Spoiler:
The rules you are following are a bit different than the ones I'm using, they look really fun! Lots of objectives for Adam, he looks fun! Awww, Luna, I love it! Oh already puppies, that would be a surprise. Awww, it's small but cute!! Good that Adam likes gardening, it would be a LONG generation if he didn't. I like Hannah, she is super cute. Adam will be super busy with all the animals and garden, it seems like a nice life to me, busy but nice. The puppies are super cute, I love how they got coloring for different parents. YAY for an engagement at the end of the week!! 3 dogs is a lot, so I totally understand.
A really fun update.
Thanks for the comments. DIFT is such a fun challenge.
Spoiler:
The puppies were a huge (but welcome) surprise.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I just read both updates!
Spoiler:
Adam is a very handsome sim! I also love Hannah, they make a very cute couple! And of course, I love Luna and Lupus too! I really love it when families have pets!

Those are a lot of goals for the generation, but you're doing amazing so far! I loved their wedding with all the Hendford townies, even if it was kind of a mess lol! I think I'm glad I just have the classical weddings since I didn't get the pack. And congrats on the future baby! I'm very excited to see this little family grow <3
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Salem wrote: November 4th, 2023, 10:27 pm I just read both updates!
Spoiler:
Adam is a very handsome sim! I also love Hannah, they make a very cute couple! And of course, I love Luna and Lupus too! I really love it when families have pets!

Those are a lot of goals for the generation, but you're doing amazing so far! I loved their wedding with all the Hendford townies, even if it was kind of a mess lol! I think I'm glad I just have the classical weddings since I didn't get the pack. And congrats on the future baby! I'm very excited to see this little family grow <3
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I am glad you enjoyed both parts.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Here for the second update!
Spoiler:
Week 2: I hate it when I don't turn off the relationship culling and everyone loses all their relationships. Poor Adam with testing all these plants. Oh dear, you did have a mess of a wedding. They are really finicky. Woo, good job Adam on winning! I don't have great luck with the fairs. YAY for a new baby on the way. That was a fun update. I do like these two, they are super cute.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: A New Difference in the Family Tree - Updated 4/1/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here is part 1 and part 2 of the next round of the Difference in the Family Tree Legacy challenge.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Lots to catch up on here. I am getting close though! Plus your posts helped inpsire me and I finally have some posts scheduled for next week!
Spoiler:
Fall 3 & 4: You know I never think to use that TV/painting thing. I should try that. Eee, I love the all the animals! Sadly we got goats and sheep after I was basically through gen 1 of my DIFT. I love the large garden, although I understand, it can take a LOT of time to tend to it. Aww, welcome Lily! Awww, the sprout onsie is perfect for her, so cute! Aww, what a lovely Harvestfest. I know the eggs spoiling when trying to be hatched was a thing for a bit, but I THOUGHT that got fixed. Hopefully it did for you as well. Oh my, a cow onsie for the cow festival is just too cute! I don't think there is a trick to the fairs, I think they are very random, which sucks, because you are right, excellent stuff should always place higher. I think there are still open bug reports about the fairs, sadly. Maybe someday. Anytime I don't need one people seem to leave trash around until a trash plant grows, but as soon as I WANT a trash plant I can't seem to keep people away from the trash. Guess you have to try again for that boy! Awww, Rose got red hair! So cute!!! Congrats on getting all the plants! WOOOHOOO you won a 1st place??? Great job! Too bad about the pie, but at least one 1st place ribbon.

Winter 1: Wait your cow plant survived the rotation? Mine didn't, I'm so sad! Maybe he was hungry when I left and therefore he died. Oh boy, another girl. Well hello Dasiy, but I'm sure you want that boy soon. Oh no! Poor cow plant! Luckily the important thing for the challenge was to have one. All three of the girls are so cute, but all just a little different looking, I love them! Figners cross for that boy this time! Oh no, poor Lily! She is a very pretty little girl. Yeah, you are not the first person I've seen say they got third when there were only 2 entires. That seems to be a part of the open bug report. Good idea with the carrots. Such a busy family, but I like them.

Winter 2: Sheesh Agnes is picky about cross stitch I guess. Oh no Luna!!!! She was such a great dog for the kids! So sad. YAY for a boy, welcome Oliver to the challenge! Oh Dasiy is going to be a handful of a toddler isn't she? Love all the makeovers, very cute. YAY for a new puppy!!! Well Daisy is descructive, so I guess going wild in that way suits her. Wow, Agnes is REALLY picky about cross stitch. Aww a vow renewal, what a sweet idea at the romance festival! Oh no Lupus!!! I feel you, I went through a very similar scenario not that long ago.
What a fun set of updates!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: April 16th, 2024, 2:08 pm Lots to catch up on here. I am getting close though! Plus your posts helped inpsire me and I finally have some posts scheduled for next week!
Spoiler:
Fall 3 & 4: You know I never think to use that TV/painting thing. I should try that. Eee, I love the all the animals! Sadly we got goats and sheep after I was basically through gen 1 of my DIFT. I love the large garden, although I understand, it can take a LOT of time to tend to it. Aww, welcome Lily! Awww, the sprout onsie is perfect for her, so cute! Aww, what a lovely Harvestfest. I know the eggs spoiling when trying to be hatched was a thing for a bit, but I THOUGHT that got fixed. Hopefully it did for you as well. Oh my, a cow onsie for the cow festival is just too cute! I don't think there is a trick to the fairs, I think they are very random, which sucks, because you are right, excellent stuff should always place higher. I think there are still open bug reports about the fairs, sadly. Maybe someday. Anytime I don't need one people seem to leave trash around until a trash plant grows, but as soon as I WANT a trash plant I can't seem to keep people away from the trash. Guess you have to try again for that boy! Awww, Rose got red hair! So cute!!! Congrats on getting all the plants! WOOOHOOO you won a 1st place??? Great job! Too bad about the pie, but at least one 1st place ribbon.

Winter 1: Wait your cow plant survived the rotation? Mine didn't, I'm so sad! Maybe he was hungry when I left and therefore he died. Oh boy, another girl. Well hello Dasiy, but I'm sure you want that boy soon. Oh no! Poor cow plant! Luckily the important thing for the challenge was to have one. All three of the girls are so cute, but all just a little different looking, I love them! Figners cross for that boy this time! Oh no, poor Lily! She is a very pretty little girl. Yeah, you are not the first person I've seen say they got third when there were only 2 entires. That seems to be a part of the open bug report. Good idea with the carrots. Such a busy family, but I like them.

Winter 2: Sheesh Agnes is picky about cross stitch I guess. Oh no Luna!!!! She was such a great dog for the kids! So sad. YAY for a boy, welcome Oliver to the challenge! Oh Dasiy is going to be a handful of a toddler isn't she? Love all the makeovers, very cute. YAY for a new puppy!!! Well Daisy is descructive, so I guess going wild in that way suits her. Wow, Agnes is REALLY picky about cross stitch. Aww a vow renewal, what a sweet idea at the romance festival! Oh no Lupus!!! I feel you, I went through a very similar scenario not that long ago.
What a fun set of updates!
Thanks for reading and commenting. I am glad I could inspire you to post updates of your own challenges. I look forward to reading all of them.
Spoiler:
I was shocked when I found that the cow plant survived the rotation. I was sure it was going to be dead when I got back. Unfortunately it didn't make it very long after that. I am getting very frustrated with the fair ribbons. It might be the one part of the challenge that I don't finish. My goal is to at least get a Gold for the major ones - Cow, Llama, Chicken, Large Crop, and Garden plant. If I don't get gold for eggs, wool, and pie then that is just going to have to be okay.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”