What's Happening in Your TS3 Challenge? Chat

Maybe we can sit down and chat?
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS3

Re: What's Happening in Your TS3 Challenge? Chat

Postby Laura » August 10th, 2014, 12:37 am

Ath: On another note, I love seeing which genetics dominate in my WYDC. My current baby mama hasn't given one of her children her hair, but they all have her huge eyes. Which look weird on the toddlers but normal on the adults?

You may see her hair pop up later. I love it when a baby inherits his/her grandma's eyes randomly or his/her grandpa's hair.

I'm currently working on a ZAC, just having fun playing the kids. I can't wait until they become teenagers and I get to see another aspect of their personality.

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Laura
Spellbound
House of Motherlode

Medals: 10
Sims 3 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) The Legend of (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1)
USA - Idaho (1)

Postby Teresa » August 11th, 2014, 1:05 pm

With the OWBC completed, I am getting back to my existing DitFT which hasn't been played since 2012. Apparently I didn't play much of anything in 2013. O.o Anyways, just spent the last couple of hours getting everything ready to go and transferring links to my new blog and creating a thread here and now, I am about to get serious about generation 5. It would appear that the heir had married a witch and they have a itty bitty baby in the crib. I don't do single babies very often and this generation doesn't have a requirement on number so they might just have to have more nooboos.

Officially Wacky Boolprop Challenge | Shades of Blue ~complete 9/2/18
SimNaNoWriMo 2018 | Grace Wonder Child ~complete 9/1/18
Boolprop Baby Boom | Bladderstone Baby Boom ~complete 7/14/18

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Medals: 33
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1)
Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Baby Boom Challenge (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1)
Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Drinks on the House (1) Bubbles! (1) USA - Texas (1)
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana

Postby Sophie » August 31st, 2014, 1:05 pm

I just had a nightmare in my OWBC :'( Thank goodness for Boolprop so I can vent!
I'm planning on posting it as a story, so I'll spoiler it just in case!

Spoiler:
So my founder was dating Gladsten Farmwell, bit of a loner, quite hairy, but seemed alright, big strapping man, just what we needed. I didn't realise he had an active romance with Helen Hall, and the whole time he was living with my founder he didn't see her, so he wasn't really cheating! But somehow my Sim suddenly got an action that was "accuse of cheating" and then she confronted him and now their relationship has reset to 0. And he becomes an elder in 4 days. And I still need all my kids for the generation!

I'm really not sure if it would be worth trying to get them back together, or letting them break up and have her find someone with a bit more time left for romance and baby making!

ETA: It got worse Dx Not a good simming night for me!

Spoiler:
So I decided to end things with Gladsten, their relationship wasn't going anywhere! So my sim, newly single went to a bar to try and meet some new men who could help her with the challenge. She starts flirting with Argus Brown, but for some reason, his vampire roommate tries to fight her! Then, while she's out, the house gets burgled. At first I think "oh its fine, I definitely bought an alarm" but shortly realised I hadn't! I cancel all her interactions and try and send her home to try and catch the thief, or at least call the cops. So I do call the cops, but the thief is long gone with some very expensive furniture. And the cops think it was a prank call and get mad at her and put her in the police car. Lucky the man glitched out and she didn't actually go to jail, but what a couple of days for my poor founder!
Sophie

Medals: 8
Sims 2 Legacy (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)

Postby Teresa » March 8th, 2015, 5:25 am

In my DITFT, Miles to Go, generation 11 is slowly growing up. I am hoping to get some playing done today and maybe get Gen 11 up to young adult today. I am getting closer to the end... but with school it has been taking forever. Every so often boredom sets in and this time I responded by installing Woohooer. Well, gen 10 heiress ended up having 7 children by 3 men. Since she was only going to have 3 children, and I wanted to minimize pregnancies, she had the fertility treatment. Which meant she had 3 sets of twins. O.o Finally, she is an elder and no more surprises pregnancies. The heiress for gen 11 just became a teen so I believe I will be able to finish gen 10 and let gen 11 take over today.

Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Sims 3 Legacy (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Alphabet Legacy (1) Differences in the Family Tree (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1)
Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Baby Boom Challenge (1) Happy Birthday (1) Secret (1)
Serious Admin Award (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Drinks on the House (1) Bubbles! (1) USA - Texas (1)

Postby Anne » March 18th, 2015, 6:09 am

I'm currently on the ninth generation for my DITFT, and my heir was supposed to be a firefighter, but that career is so incredibly glitched that it's impossible to get him to the top... (or get him even one promotion!). So I'm going to have him top Law Enforcement instead of the Firefighter career. Kind of bums me out, though, because I was looking forward to exploring the whole firefighter thing! My heir's son or daughter will be a Private Investigator, hopefully that will give me less trouble.
Anne
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Medals: 11
Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1)
Drinks on the House (1) Netherlands (1)

Postby Sam » April 27th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Started a Midnight Sun Challenge, first member of generation two has just been born (a boy, Levi) and the founder is now carrying her second child :)
Sam
Ducktective

Medals: 15
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) I'm Surrounded by Idiots (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Halloween Zombie (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Creator's Creations (1) Ice Cream Float (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Echoweaver » September 25th, 2015, 12:26 pm

Oh hey, there's a challenge chat too. Well, I'll just jump in and say stuff here too. Let's see if anyone wants to chat :) :).

I've been playing my ISBI a lot recently. I'm just finishing out Generation 2 and posted the heir poll. So far, the kid in the early lead kind of surprises me. But I guess he *is* the best-looking one. Attractiveness really hasn't been the strong suit of my sims in this ISBI so far :). But this is the first day of the poll, so we'll see.

I absolutely love my sims in this challenge, though. For a bunch of sims on autonomy, they have a lot of personality.

My (vampire) legacy spouse died of thirst. That really caught me off guard. My torchholder was off the lot, and he just didn't stop playing guitar until he was almost dead. I'm not wild about my sims dying, but I have to say that the thirst ghost looks awesome, so there is that.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 5
Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Indiana (1)

Postby Teresa » December 24th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I am running out of time to finish my DITFT before the end of December. Gen 14 is at college. She has to complete 3 majors, birth gen 15, who then has to complete what their generation challenges are, and I will be done. Sounds easy enough. Today I loaded the game, pulled up Boolprop while I was waiting, and forgot. For several hours >.< and when I remembered (meaning I closed Boolprop and saw it sitting there) it was Monday evening. So she lived 32 hours without my supervision.

Teresa
Property of Boolprop
Site Admin

Postby Bokavoy » May 3rd, 2016, 11:07 pm

No one has posted on this thread for a couple months, so I will. :)
I just started my ISBI. All that the founders spouse did on the first day he moved in was watch videos on his phone. :|
Bokavoy
House Plumbob Member
House of Plumbob

Medals: 2
2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1)

Postby Echoweaver » May 4th, 2016, 8:59 am

I'm still monitoring this thread and eager to restart a conversation!

Are you blogging your ISBI?

I just finished the last post of Generation 2 on mine. I've played a bit into Gen 3 and haven't settled on a spouse yet. I think I'm going to hold a mate poll. First I have to come up with something to say about my Gen 3 heir's life to date :).
______________________________________________________________________________________
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Bronze SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Indiana (1)

Postby Bokavoy » May 4th, 2016, 10:21 am

I have been taking screenshots but I don't know if I am going to be posting it. If I make it past the first generation I will probably post it. I just want to make sure that I'm not going to lose interest.

I will have to check your ISBI out. :)
Bokavoy
House Plumbob Member
House of Plumbob

Medals: 2
2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1)

Postby itsjulie » August 11th, 2016, 2:10 pm

I've just found somewhere to vent. ...

I started an ISBI ... and started blogging it here
I've posted 2 updates but have another 3 written ready to go out

Im only on generation 1 and im really enjoying it.
The torch holder has 5 children and the house is just getting interesting
There are 3 children and 2 toddlers

Playing tonight - a meteor drops on the house - right on top of the torch holder :hissyfit:
Of course she expired

So now what do I do :x Challenge failed because of a stupid rock falling out of the sky

I really don't want to finish this and start over with a different sim.

So do you think it is acceptable to carry on - using the save before the rock dropped - and maybe make it 11 generations instead of 10 to make up for the cheat ?? :hmm:
itsjulie
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Medals: 34
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Special Egg (1) Queen Bee Challenge (1) 100 Baby Challenge (1) Story of the Month (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1)
2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1)
2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1)
Pride (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Drinks on the House (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) Singing in the Rain (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Echoweaver » August 11th, 2016, 7:14 pm

itsjulie wrote:I've just found somewhere to vent. ...
So do you think it is acceptable to carry on - using the save before the rock dropped - and maybe make it 11 generations instead of 10 to make up for the cheat ?? :hmm:

ARGH. So much sympathy! This would have happened to me in Gen 4 of my legacy if not for a twist of fate that might technically have been cheating...

It's an ISBI. ISBIs should be fun!

I think you should do one of two things:

1. Continue from the save before the strike.

2. Pick your Gen 2 TH and pass the torch now.

Either way, record the cheat on your scoresheet, and either deduct points for it or run an additional generation.
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Postby itsjulie » August 12th, 2016, 12:01 am

I would love to carry on with the second torch holder and mark gen 1 as a fail
I have 2 candidates for the second torch holder - a child and a toddler

I guess it would be fun to continue with a child .... but I don't think its possible

Selling the meteor rock would give them up to 50k to live on until the th reaches ya (44k is the biggest one ive had)
the child can help earn money by fishing and picking flowers, painting, collecting and selling etc
but one huge problem - a child cant pay the bills I don't think and im not sure they get the option to buy the no bills with their happiness points!
:hmm:

I think I'm just going to have to suck it and start over, age the child up and start a new one :roll:
otherwise I'm always going to feel like I cheated!!
itsjulie
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Special Egg (1) Queen Bee Challenge (1) 100 Baby Challenge (1) Story of the Month (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2017 (1)
2016 Holiday Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt (1) 2017 Snowman Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2017 Xmas Events - Advent (1)
2017 Xmas Events-Secret Santa (1) Palmer Says ... (1) Scavenger Hunt (1) Pass the Parcel (1) Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) The itsjulie Busy Beaver Medal (1)
Pride (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Drinks on the House (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1) Singing in the Rain (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby Echoweaver » August 12th, 2016, 10:25 am

There's pop-up for bills when the repoman is about to come that I think lets you pay without going to the mailbox. There's also a kids pay bills at MTS.

I think it would be a pretty cool challenge myself. Make lemons into lemonade.
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Postby itsjulie » August 13th, 2016, 6:40 am

Yeah - I played a little with Glitter as the torch holder and it is fun - so I'm doing it.
her generation will be 1b - so it continues :D

now all i need is for Pineapple to continue with being a good parent uncontrolled - to get the toddlers to children
itsjulie
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Postby lumasong » September 19th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Well, I started an ISBI while I wait for my legacy's heirpoll.... and about a week in my founder got hit by a meteor and died.

So that happened.
lumasong
Lemur Queen
House of Llama

Medals: 6
Story of the Month (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Drinks on the House (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1)

Postby Echoweaver » September 19th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Wow. That seems to be going around.
Echoweaver
House of Llama
House of Llama

Postby Sam » September 20th, 2016, 3:36 am

When I played an ISBI with TS2, my second torch holder died, and I used the 3rd generation toddler to continue. It was hard work. Hopefully it'd be possible in TS3.

Man, you guys aren't having much luck with meteors, are you? :lol:
Sam
Ducktective

Medals: 15
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) I'm Surrounded by Idiots (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Halloween Zombie (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1)
2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Creator's Creations (1) Ice Cream Float (1) United Kingdom (1)

Postby lumasong » September 20th, 2016, 12:07 pm

Another meteor tried to land on my new ISBI founder.

Luckily I was expecting it this time and got her away in time. The whole lot is on fire, but at least I don't have to start over.
lumasong
Lemur Queen
House of Llama

Medals: 6
Story of the Month (1) Gold SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Drinks on the House (1) Four Leaves of Clover (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Sims 3 Challenge Chat