Build a City Challenge Chat

Simsimity

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by Simsimity »

I had to start over thanks to computer issues...already built my founder - Cheyanne Mitchell of Cheyanne Plains! :p
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I reinstalled TS2 a couple days back and of course had to start a new BACC (which I'm posting over at my tumblr, so go check it out. ;) ). I just finished round 3 for all the households, and played the founder's household in round 4. I'm just flying through the seasons, because I love the families and I've got plans for some of them, and I can't wait to get to where all my plans have become a reality. :D
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Sounds cool, Riss! :D In the past two days, I managed to get Blueberry Island its 2nd Business District and its first university! :D
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Things are going well in Cheyanne Plains - we already have our first university! The only problem I'm having is stopping playing long enough to actually edit and post the pictures! I'm about to start Round Three and am in the process of unlocking Athletic...some days I hate building lol.

I also need to decide WHERE I want to post - I'm rather tired of my LJ, and was thinking maybe Wordpress this time. Decisions, decisions...
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

Started Fall 2 of Instant City - we will have a Plantsim explosion... :mrgreen:

- Already exploited the hell out of another Eaxis feature - Fruit juices (comes with Seasons)!
Spoiler:
There are three really useful Juices if you want to give a Sim Skills, Badges and Platinum Aspiration: Orangeade, Strawberry Lemonade and Eggplant Juice.
- Strawberry Lemonade (2 Strawberry baskets and 4 Lemons needed, Bronze Gardening Badge to plant Strawberries) gives you platinum Aspiration ~ one before work makes a promotion easier.
- Eggplant Juice (2 Eggplant fruits needed, Gold Gardening Badge to plant them) gives you a random Skill point for every drink ~ helps you with getting skills
- Orangeade (4 oranges and 2 Lemons needed) gives you random Badge points, if you use mouthwatering fruits from thriving trees - basically Gold gardening badge required - you get 100 points ~ little math here: each Badge category has 1000 points, until seasons, we had 9 different badges, so 90 Orangeade drinks from mouthwatering fruits can turn a dumb Sim into a Bigfoot of Badges... btw, pottery and sewing badges can't be gained from Orangeade drinks, as Freetime Badges weren't added to the mechanics, unless you use Madcat's mod.

- As an idea, since getting many fruits is really difficult and tedious, you could let a Sim harvest a few of the above mentioned (mouthwatering) fruits , put them up for sale in his/her community business, and then let another Sim buy them, then let him exit and reenter the business to reset it a.k.a. the fruits are back, to get many, many more fruits... :sly:
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I started a new BACC because I just kept thinking about this challenge so much! Not a lot has happened so far. I'm trying to play it that when I reach personal goals I'll install a new EP (this is mainly due to Knowledge sims being sad about not going to uni when TECHNICALY) there isn't a uni in the neighbourhood.

I just tarted the second rotation and gave in to installing Nightlife because I need those dates for my sims to survive more than 20 minutes at a business without needs plumetting
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

Hello,

I have been re-playing a few months now and have a uni and am trying to unlock a BD (or 2), I remember when my founder was trying for a heir, 5 women died in the process (lol) I need to put a few all nighters so Im going to see if I can complete an entire rotation in one go (I have 15 house holds with loads waiting in the wing), I get to start my new round with my first uni rotation (yay)

Stats:
Tax: 1,328,360
Sims: 63
SM: 7
Pop: 441
Fires 53
CAS: 17/25
Deaths: 25
Burglaries: 0
Level 10 business: 2

Unlocked Careers:
Adventure: 0/2
Athletic: 6/6
Business: 2/2
Crime: 2/2
Education: 1/1
Entertainment: 0/1
Gamer: 3/3
Intelligence: 0/1
Law enfor: 4/17
Military: 5/5
Oceanography: 2/7
Paranormal: 0/2
Science: 5/10
Slacer: 1/1
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Sounds exciting! And 53 fires, eek!

I'm glad you posted, I love reading about others' BaCCs :) (And I remember Simapopulas)
Image Image
ISTJ
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

Lorinsv wrote:Sounds exciting! And 53 fires, eek!

I'm glad you posted, I love reading about others' BaCCs :) (And I remember Simapopulas)
YAY She is still on my own pc which is why I thought I would re-build her (had to much fun trying trying to remember the ratio for the lots in SC4) Thats perked me up a bit

Im annoyed that I have no burglaries though but I love how sims buy their own furtinture so I dont have to bother but another annoying this is I have soooo many sims waiting to be played I feel soooo sorry for them.

How can you only have 1 death? and i am jealose of your SM and POP (nearly put poop lol) count I might have myself a second uni and hopefully a BD by the time i finish playing (I have only started round 13), it might take a while as Im trying story reading while playing it a wishacy way (which is super fun as I waas getting really bored of get married > have kids > get a business > get a job ect routine),

Im also going to play uni for a semsester > household for a week > uni > household ect and put sit straight into uni right before they hit adult hood and I change their LTW to match careers unlocked so they dont go to waste

and to make the neighborhood look better I have rolled to see who will live in a flat and how will live in a house and I miss aliens sooo much I now love the knowledge perk (I love knowledge sims)

i wish I could sell wall paper and flooring as well as doors and windows

Has anyone managed to unlock all the careers yet?

Why is there no LTW for the paranormal career?

This challenge make me excited to get level 10 businesses I nearly have my 4th and 5th
Proud owner of
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I've been playing a lot the last couple months, but I haven't been posting any updates here. Whoops. I just started round 12 (so almost done with year 3) in my BACC and my population is almost to 100. It's kinda slow going, but I like it. Only 6 households and 28 sims, so I don't feel like I'm going crazy. And luckily I really like all the families, so I'm eager to keep going in the rounds.
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

simsterlyrock wrote:I've been playing a lot the last couple months, but I haven't been posting any updates here. Whoops. I just started round 12 (so almost done with year 3) in my BACC and my population is almost to 100. It's kinda slow going, but I like it. Only 6 households and 28 sims, so I don't feel like I'm going crazy. And luckily I really like all the families, so I'm eager to keep going in the rounds.
Im on round 14 and have 14 house holds and am currently half way though my round and have 37 sims and a pop of 259 and im hoping to unlock a BD and another uni

I downloaded a no-jealousy mod which has made me soo happy as i hate sims fighting and i downloaded a same gender pregnancy mod so now its not just up to the man to perform, I also have a mod that lifts the 8 sim restriction and the quads and triplets mod *evil cackle*

so 2 sims had quads and 1 sim had triplets, there are 6 adults and 1 teen equaling a family household of .... 19 sims eeeeek #populationexplosion but its certainly fuuuuuun

Also a little trick ive learnt is when sims are at businesses being a cashier they also walk away to play kicky bag or something instead of serving them so I have locked them in a room with a till so all they can do it complain and i can ignore them
Proud owner of
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Bexx87 wrote: Also a little trick ive learnt is when sims are at businesses being a cashier they also walk away to play kicky bag or something instead of serving them so I have locked them in a room with a till so all they can do it complain and i can ignore them
Haha, that's a great idea! I already put a gate locked to the customers around the cash register, but especially when a store reaches the higher levels, I need to keep the cashier focused on ringing up! :plumbob2:

I'm making more progress on Mesa Vista: almost done playing a new household that added a plant nursery that reached level 5, opening the Natural Science career, plus two more more stores, bringing MV's community lot count to 40, which increases my SM to 35 and the population from 3060 to 3185. :disco:
Image Image
ISTJ
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

I feel a bit cheaty by have a unlimited household hack that has allowed me to have 25 sims in 1 household lol
Proud owner of
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I have a larger household hack too. But I can't manage more than twelve to fifteen sims without usually maxmotives or tearing my hair out. That usually keeps me under control. Though I can have up to fifty sims.
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

I always use maxmotives especially at businesses
Proud owner of
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

The most Sims I've ever played on one lot aside from an Asylum Challenge is 7, but I prefer 5 or less, although I never use MaxMotives.

Just finished playing my latest household, hopefully an update won't be too far off.
Image Image
ISTJ
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

the only things i now need to unloock are mainly population based so having every household at 8 sims is so slow so i want a population surge

wooh I at last have a business tycoon and I can have the business district giving me a sm of 13 and a pop over over 1,300 unlocking 3 more careers

so because I managed to get a university before the medical career was unlocked does that mean that the 1st sim that tops it unlocks it completey?

also can you unlock multiple unis for every 1,000,000 tax you get as im nearly 2,000,000 and if I could get a second uni t hats means i would have gotten 10 sm this round

So I have 13 houses, 20 businesses, 2 uni and 1 bd, how do I figure out how many positions in the Architecture are unlocked?

Stats: 
Tax: £2,044,829
Sims: 131 (not including thoses in the uni bin which is 22)
SM: 20
Pop: 2,620
Fires 55
CAS:
Deaths:
Burglaries: 0
Level 10 business: 5
Houses: 13
Businesses: 20
Rank 1 0
Rank 2 2
Rank 3 0
Rank 4 1
Rank 5 3
Rank 6 1
Rank 7 3
Rank 8 4
Rank 9 1
Rank 10 5

Unlocked Careers:
Adventure: 0/0
Architecture: 2?
Artist: 0/1
Athletic: 5/5
Business: 6/5
Crime: 0/0
Culinary: 3/3
Education: 1/10
Entertainment: 1/1
Gamer: 2/3
Intelligence: 0/1
Law enfor: 4/17
Law: 0/0
Nat Science: 0/1
Medical: 0/1
Military: 4/4
Music: 0/0
Oceanography: 1/7
Paranormal: 2/2
Politics: 0/1
Science: 5/10
Slacker: 2/1
Last edited by Bexx87 on January 28th, 2017, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

You can have as many universities as you want. You could have make one based on each major, or have one that's just for sims from a specific family, or just roll a die to see which university they go to. It's all up to you. :)
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

okay thanks What about the architecture and medical career questions? I miss angie ala pinkpanther :-(

another tip i find use full it putting a gate around the trash can to prevent sims from knocking it over and getting roaches

So I found something I can exploit ... I am running parks and charging 7,999 for entry and making them stay there until they hit 1,00,000 for a privater university, so far one of my sims has gotten 3 for staying there for a week, going home, then going back and staying there for another week ect :p

Because I need businesses for the say of it and dont really care what rank they get up to, the 1st park got to rank 5 and generated 3,000,000 simoleans so another park was opened and so far has generated 2,000,000 and is rank 3 and because random sims kept setting up blind dates, 3 female sims moved in and had a combined 10 children
Proud owner of
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I'd say that since you have a university now, Medical is unlocked. The rules do say that the career is completely unlocked with a university.

And then for Architecture, I always understood that it's one position for every 10 lots or each neighborhood addition. So I'd say that you've unlocked 6 positions in Architecture. Do other people understand that rule differently than me?

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”