Build a City Challenge Chat

simnights
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by simnights »

I've kind of started a BACC with the ruleset that's on a Dropbox file (I don't remember the creator's name. It's in the big challenge list for ts2) These rules are more in depth but as I result it feels a lot more imaginative than the typical BACCs I've tried (aka no careers at all, live off the land for 40 rotations blah blah blah).

That's just not my play style personally, not trying to knock anyone's preference of course!

I haven't gotten past the "election day" because I keep getting distracted by pleasant view, so I will see how it goes from here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[align=center]My name is Lauren, I play TS2 & TS3
The Peters Legacy | Wacky Watson's Double Wide - A TPC | Greenmere Peaks BACC
ImageImage[/align]
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I finished rotation 5 of Simbia and have already rolled who will die next week because there is going to be drama. Thanks, autonomy-inducing mods!

Things are progressing well, I've managed to increase my SM by another point and solved the issue of people dying on me by moving in townies (off-shore prisoners that have been visiting the island so darn much that they practically live there already). Rotation 6 might even see me adding a university! Although first I need to actually write the thing.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Urgh. I have just realised that I've been scoring my BaCC all wrong. I think it's only a case of a few points, but I haven't been adding to the SM for every 5 businesses. It does make me wonder what else I have missed, though. Especially since I was wrong about how many playable sims I had, too. I enjoy playing so much, and seeing the families develop that everything else kind of falls by the wayside. After this one is done, I'll try another, but actually put effort into the lots.
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

Im blogging Simapopulas BAC re-incarnation on a customized website - www.simapopulas.co.uk
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Does anybody know of any BaCC rules that are a little less business focused? I feel like I've done the challenging part already, and now it's just a case of more businesses to get my SM up. I am still enjoying my game, but I'd really like a version of the rules beyond start more businesses and open more universities.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm only familiar with the Clintcasey and Hollywood rulesets. The Hollywood ruleset makes it more challenging to start businesses. Your sim has to pay out the nose to even start a business on a community lot.

I think it would be cool to maybe tweak a ruleset a little. Maybe get an Sm for very ten careers topped. Or a Sm for a set of platinum gravestones.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Avenie, perhaps Harambibi's version would suit you? It focuses more on careers than businesses (although you'll still need to place community lots - how does one build a city without buildings?).
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

Pony - I think the challenge needs a tweak or two. And there's enough of us active in this thread to come up with some really good ideas. I like your suggestions.

Radiochocolate - Oh, definitely. I enjoy running businesses, but I've got 15-ish, and I don't really want to have to make even more, for the sake of it. Thank you for the link, I'll have a look!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

My brain is storming already lol. Maybe we need a Boolprop BaCC. I was thinking maybe 2 SM for each family that reaches generation 5 and 5 SM for those that each generation 10. Though you would be limited to the overall families. Like Amber had two daughters and the family branched out over the generations to four households. Those four households still count as an extended family and can only earn the SM bonus once.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I think we do! And if 10 people write bestsellers, another 1SM, because now hopeful writers show up at the city for inspiration, or 10 masterpieces attract painters. Funds could go towards building a private school, and then the sim who has funded it gets the fees for sims enrolled in private school?

EDIT: I made a thread. http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4386

I don't want to put your thoughts there without your permission, Pony. I'd love it if you posted them in that thread too! :D
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'll head right over :D
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

would you like to see a interactive element of Simapopulas were you suggest things to me like who they should go out with or what I should name them or would you like to submit potential spouses and see thier off spring in the game or houses or business ideas or pick heirs or how many kids they should have? Let me know
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

round 2 of my bacc. population is currently at 36/50,000. could be a while yet xD
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

nicholaplaysthesims wrote:round 2 of my bacc. population is currently at 36/50,000. could be a while yet xD
I feel like it starts snowballing at a certain point! Once you have a ton of families, all having babies, and enough taxes coming in to make a new university each round, and so on. I love this challenge! :D
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

nicholaplaysthesims wrote:round 2 of my bacc. population is currently at 36/50,000. could be a while yet xD
A population of 36 is actually pretty good for the second round, I think! I always forget to have Sims buy businesses early on, so my SM usually stays at one for longer than it needs to. XD
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

simsterlyrock wrote:
A population of 36 is actually pretty good for the second round, I think! I always forget to have Sims buy businesses early on, so my SM usually stays at one for longer than it needs to. XD
now at 48! i try to make one household buy a business every time i get to them. almost every adult owns a business xD
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I need to get on my business building too. The SM doesn't multiply itself....

I made it to the second round of Uni in week 7. Uni drives me crazy, though the romance sims this round are keeping me pretty busy. The usual Uni slog isn't hitting me as hard this round. Delilah is getting so close to graduating. I can't hardly wait :D. Still not looking forward to the Nott children going college. Though I don't think they go until Week 8.
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I find uni a bit of a slog as well. I don't know why, I think it just feels a bit repetitive, and goes on for way too long.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Avenie wrote:I find uni a bit of a slog as well. I don't know why, I think it just feels a bit repetitive, and goes on for way too long.
It's super repetitive, and even with a mod that makes each semester 2 days, it's sooooo long. It also makes the aging all weird unless you play the kids through university right away and then move them back in as soon as they're done. Otherwise, everyone starts off at the same age even if they weren't all born on the same day. As someone with mild OCD, that always bugs me and I still have yet to come up with a perfect system to keep aging consistent.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

The aging thing bugs me too. Especially if the sims are only a couple days apart in age. What I've been thinking about is moving the sims back home on different days of the week. Like Delilah is about to graduate, I thinking of moving her in a house in rotation 8. Then on like Wednesday or Thursday of that rotation, moving her siblings in and finishing the rotation. Maybe have a college halfway house for kids coming back from college. Giving them a chance to get married and get household names. And fix the age gaps. Though I will have to keep better track of when sims were born.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”