Genie Lamp and Apocalypse Challenge

Arily

Genie Lamp and Apocalypse Challenge

Post by Arily »

I have my founder in college and she received the genie lamp. I'm tempted to use it for peace at mind wish, however I'm unsure if I should. This is after all the founder and there are no restrictions in college. What would you do?
milaek

Re: Genie Lamp and Apocalypse Challenge

Post by milaek »

DO IT!!!!! That is great luck!!
Eden in the ApocalypseMost recent update: August 13th 2017

milaek's Simself
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I ALWAYS get my founder perma-plat in college, if I'm playing a college start. I'll do whatever it takes, including twenty ReNuYu SensoOrbs, just to get a fulfillable (in college) LTW.

Trust me, make that wish. Also, it would not hurt to start out rich, so I'd go ahead and make two wishes for money. although the ability to cheat death would be really useful for an apocalypse founder, I've heard that it totally glitches the game, and so I avoid that one."Make Me Beautiful" followed by a quick move (within 24 hours of making the wish) makes the effect permanent, which means you'll never want for visitors, so that is pretty handy, too. But Peace of Mind beats them all, hands down.

My favorite LTW, by the way, for a college founder of an apocalypse game, is 20 Best Friends. Not only are you set with a friend count, but you also have a great opportunity to scope out spouses with good careers. And outings (OMG, I LOVE outings!) give you so many rewards, you can sail through college without cracking a book. TwilightOutside showed the value of outings. His founder got almost all the skills as outing rewards (may have sucked a few with the aspiration vacuum, but I believe only a very few, if at all), and the physical outing rewards, gifts of expensive statues and electronics, were able to fund a really nice starter house, fully furnished, with plenty of money to cover criminal protection payments. Plus, of course, being perma-plat.

So, if you think that wishing for peace of mind seems "cheaty," then by all means, wish for something else, and do it the hard way. But whatever you do, graduate permanently platinum.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Arily

Post by Arily »

Thank you for the Advice MichelleCYoung

I don't understand one thing though...if I wish for money in college...once I graduate I can't bring the money with me. How do you bring the money back?

I've already wished for Peach of Mind so I'm really excited about that.
milaek

Post by milaek »

What do you mean you can't bring the money back? Once you open the bag it is no longer a physical object, and should transfer with your sim when he or she returns from the school as with other funds they may have accrued. :)

I WAS VERY WRONG
Last edited by milaek on August 13th, 2017, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milaek's Simself
Arily

Post by Arily »

In my experience when a sim graduates college and moves back to the main neighborhood they are given the default amount of $20,000. Any money made in college that's not used in college is basically gone.

The only way I've learned to bring money back is by buying expensive artwork to sell, however with the apocalypse challenge you can't do this.
milaek

Post by milaek »

Oh shoot, you're totally right. I've been playing games on my roommate's computer over the year and they had a bunch of mods installed that I just kinda forgot were on there. Derp.

If you plan to lift Business early buying an expensive object as one of your three to bring back might be worth it, otherwise heck...

milaek's Simself
Arily

Post by Arily »

Yeah, I'm not really worried about the money hehe I'm just glad was able to wish for peace of mind.

In the rules I'm following it says nothing about the genie lamp...I was thinking about bringing it back as one of the three items but I'm not sure. I'm going to be following these rules: http://apocalypsechallenge.kaleiope.com ... lypse.html
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Arily, welcome to Boolprop and the Apocalypse! It sounds like you're doing great so far, lots of good question you have :yes:

Just a heads up: on this site, anything related to the Apocalypse Challenge including stories is in the Legacy section.
Image Image
ISTJ
milaek

Post by milaek »

Yeah you can do that! What I did when I started my apocalypse using a set of rules not updated for all of my expansion packs, I went through rules that were updated and found rules pertaining to super powerful objects (like the genie lamp) and see what restrictions they had. Since in the rules updated for Free Time it says that you can't use the genie lamp until some free time career had been lifted, I chose that in my game that meant that I couldn't use it, Since I wasn't getting the drawbacks of the free time rules, i should get any super benefits from the free time pack.

That is totally up to you though! :)

milaek's Simself
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! I haven't read this thread in a long time.

Actually, you CAN take money with you from college, but ONLY if you graduate with more than $20,000. If you graduate with less than $20,000 (which is normal) in cash, then you start as a standard adult with $20,000, but if you really sock it away at college, and have over $20K, you take it ALL with you!

Warning - joining the Secret Society and pumping out money with their fake-money machine will only add to the society funds, not yours. However, you CAN use the society funds to buy stuff, bring it home, and then sell it for money there. Or, less cheaty - use their reward to train creativity really fast, then go back to the dorm and paint better pictures for more money. Or, my favorite - lots and lots of dates and date rewards, Downtown. Vacations can be great money-makers, too, what with all the digging for treasure.

I once had a founder sim stay out of the dorm for so long that she actually maxed her lifetime happiness IN COLLEGE, which is ridiculously hard to do, because you only earn up to 4 point per hour. I think I played her for a month, real time, before graduation. And she was so, incredibly, stinking rich. Her challenge was hardly even a challenge, to be honest. I don't have it saved, anymore, due to changing computers. Pity.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”