Lifting Birth Control Restrictions (BACC)

And I'm never going to quit until I face my challenge.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

Lifting Birth Control Restrictions (BACC)

Postby Scribal_Goddess » April 23rd, 2017, 9:55 am

For those of you who play BACC's or other population challenges that have "always try for baby" restrictions, yet also have ACR... just when do you lift the birth control restriction? I'm running a ruleset that is frankensteined off Nepheris and Darkest Dawn's rules, among others, but I can't seem to find an option that isn't either prohibitively expensive (requiring a business district due to needing to build a clinic) or a bit lame. Since ACR is running quite smoothly my sims are taking care of the "try for baby" bit autonomously, but I need them to cool it for a bit and take care of their spawn. If I commanded them to Woohoo it would still be TFB, I just wanna have ACR stop knocking them up within 24 hours of a birth automatically, without destroying their carefully randomized settings.

I currently have one sim in the medical field (after studying physiology and attending 3 neighborhood births) so I was wondering if it would seem more earned now, or when she gets her first promotion? (Half my reasoning is that she just had a child and got married, she needs to go to work some time...) :tongue:
Scribal_Goddess

Medals: 1
2016 Easter Events (1)

Re: Lifting Birth Control Restrictions (BACC)

Postby Lorinsv » April 25th, 2017, 2:52 pm

What about birth control is available after reaching either level 3 in Medical (Nurse) or level 4 (Intern)?
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Simsomniac

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1)

Postby Scribal_Goddess » April 28th, 2017, 6:12 am

That could work.
Scribal_Goddess

Medals: 1
2016 Easter Events (1)

Postby Bouncer » July 27th, 2017, 11:54 am

Huh, never thought of control on birth control... But it makes sense. Has me thinking of my own ideas. To give the doctor a needed role in the town or connections to the nearest city.
Bouncer
Mod Apprentice
Staff Moderator

Medals: 8
Story of the Month (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Minnesota (1)

Return to Sims 2 Challenge Chat