What's Happening in Your TS2 Challenge? Chat

Jendra

Re: What's Happening in Your TS2 Challenge? Chat

Post by Jendra »

First yard sale and they did quite well. Between three treasure chests and one expensive date gift, they've currently got over $13,000 in the bank. Since before the sale they had to sell a date bouquet in order to have enough money to buy a cash register, I'm pleased. The business got up to level 3 and almost everything got sold. Good thing too, since Garth is almost a child and will need a bed, while the twins Tim and Faith will be aging up to toddlers. Think I'll be buying a dog with the money as well as decorating the hunting land some, since it still has absolutely nothing on it at all. Hopefully while Ab is at work tomorrow, Tanya can call up one of her other *friends* so we can get some unusual kids. So far all three have Ab's blond hair and blue eyes, none of Tanya's redhair :(.

My mouse is currently double clicking though, which is making it extremely hard to play.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

So I have realized something...I may be the world's worst at updating my stories. Like right now for example I have pics and I should write an update for my ISBI which has not been updated in FOREVER, but do I have any motivation to do it? Nope. Instead I want to go in and play some more.
And do I have pics for updating my RKC probably....do I want to do that either....nope. :pan:

So as far as what's actually happened in the ISBI. Kes just recently took over and well some drastic measures had to be taken to ensure my own personal sanity. I don't know how some simmers can deal with situations like that. Guess you're all just better than me. :woot:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Finished playing the second autumn rotation of my prosperity (Riverside), now on the first household of the second winter!

...I should probably write updates before I get too far ahead.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Okay... I decided to try the Trailer Park Challenge. I know it won't be a Wackadoodle as some because I don't have ACR nor Inteen plus I'm not much of a Risky* player. I'm trying though... I'm trying to go Trailerpark on the family. XD

I've made it to their first yard sale- I waited for Saturday because the twins grew up to kids on Friday and it was a great birthday TP party! XD
The real challenge for me will be keeping the teens for two weeks and not pulling out my hair with them. I've already run out of food a few times so they've gone to Wal-Mart (I missed that point until After I bought food). XD

It's been fun. I spent their yard sale money on two dogs and some much needed furniture.

Jendra~ are you posting your story? Or maybe I've read it. >.> I've read as many as I could find. XD
Last edited by Rflong7 on July 14th, 2015, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
shannonagins
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by shannonagins »

I'm about 3 seconds from crying...Bella died. :(
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I've been inspired to work on my Trailer Park Challenge again, so I updated with Chapter 2, and am now working on Chapter 3.

Marcel and Billie Sue are having something of a disagreement. OK, she's thinking divorce, but he's "doing it all for your own good," and you know how maddening THAT can be. But that's Chapter 3. I promise not to take months on this one.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I'm getting the urge to restart my Trailer Park Challenge. XD

And once I get the idea for a new one, I've got to do it because the old one is gonna seem boring. Oh, goodness. I'll probably not finish my Legacy or my ISBI. Makes me sad. :(
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Chapter 3 is up.

And Rflong7, I totally sympathize. That's why I switch between projects. When I come back after a while, it seems fresh again. It would be a shame to just stop, though. You've come so far. Why not write down your new idea to do next time?
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Well, after telling myself to Finish One Challenge at a time... I've started a BACC neighborhood. :mutter:

It's kinda Medieval- cause I didn't get all the defaults- and it's been fun and a little tedious. I keep telling myself not every Sim must contribute a University but they have which means I've only played 2 families. :upsidedown:
Spoiler:
My neighborhood- I made it. :)

My founder- Alidon Glaysor

The first lot is the town park. Once it brought in a million and a little more for his house, it's free entry. :)
I wanted a fun place for the whole family.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, that's pretty! I look forward to reading about it.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Thanks, Michelle! :goodvibes:

I like the way it's growing. :D
Spoiler:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Yay! I made 2 Uni Sims for the New University... 1 male, 1 female. I also added a few new families to bring the total to 8 families. I really don't want to go past 12 families, 8 might even be too many for me. XD

I'm finally gonna try the kids from the bin. They seem like they'll add to the families. :D
Amani Ceberlandon

Post by Amani Ceberlandon »

So I've stared a Royal Kingdom Prosperity Challenge.
I just couldn't stay away from the idea of doing one. Mine has ended up being more modern due to a lack of CC, but meh. I'm having fun so far. I have a few more houses to go through for the first rotation. Nearly lost one of my peasants to a fire. Is it just me or does the cheaper stove and such catch fire more easily? :look:
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Writing up a new chapter for my DITFT :) The pictures were all there from months ago. It's kind of difficult, though, since I don't remember in the slightest where I was going with it all...
hello! :heartbeat:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Not to spoil it, but in the intervening months between hiatus and finding an internet connection, my WYDC has reached Baby Z and I'm just working on growing up the family now.

So good to have the internet again. ^^
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Just added the second challenge to my multi-challenge thread. Should be interesting enough to see how all of them progress as time goes on. But now, time to sleep. :sleepy:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :highfive:

I hope everyone is having fun! I enjoy reading what goes on your all's games. :heart:

I cleaned out my laptop to organize all my CC for all my games... and somehow I lost my BACC neighborhood. I kept the older one from before the fire. It really depressed my and I didn't want to play for awhile. :(

But now, I've restarted. This one is a Medieval/Islander- Touristy type world. Same map because I liked it but I've moved it into Pleasantveiw. I know I'm supposed to start out with an empty world but I didn't wanna.

I'm going to add in the families as I go... and I finally followed the instructions to add Strangetown as my Business District so they'll come in later. I want to make challenges per family- a few because of the Wonderful BACCs I've been reading in that section. :bounce:

I might even add an Apocalypse with the job restrictions just to see if I can. :cover:

Hope everyone is doing well... Happy Simming! :hugs:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, Rflong7! That sounds great!

So, if you do an apocalypse family for your BACC, will you set them up in their own business district, to control the seasons, or will you cheat juuuuuuuussssst enough to get a weather control device and switch it to permanent winter? I think either would be fine, really. I'd love to see it. I miss your old apocalypse, although I see why you stopped it.

Hehehehe. You gave me a great idea, though. I was putting together my official "royal proclamation" of rules for my BARQC (and believe me, there are several changes from the normal rules-set, including the rule that the queen can cheat her heart out), and I included a rule that the queen may punish law-breakers in whatever way she finds most amusing. An in-town apocalypse, applying JUST to one household would be hilarious to me. The queen could "gift" the errant family with a weather controller, and use simblender or whatever to get their aspiration in the gold just long enough to set it to permanent winter, and maybe even permanent SNOW, just for kicks, and then let them have at it. Drama drama drama! Yep. Definitely gonna add that possibility. Thanks for the idea!

My queen is now married and on her honeymoon, and taking advantage of the "I can have as many career rewards as I want," thing. People are gonna be so jealous of her house. Yep. Journalism and Adventure rewards everywhere. She's the only one who can cheat, though, so the other families will have to deal normally.

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish the honeymoon and send them home to finish their week out, and have the royal proclamation and first chapter posted tomorrow or Monday. Then, I'll get back to my other challenges. My Trailer Park challenge is half-way through a chapter, and my apocalypse one is one-and-a-half-way through a chapter (because I couldn't bear to stop at the cliff-hanger, so I'll post two chapters simultaneously on that one). The trailer Park challenge is going fairly well, thanks to selling four treasure chests at the yard sale. They bought some "huntin' land" and are enjoying their beach vacation, huntin'... um... crabs. It is SO HARD for me not to give those little kids commands, except for the basic needs-based commands, but I have to say, now that they have playground equipment, they are at least building some body skill. And they can be invited to join the smustle, so there's an actual possibility that any knowledge teens might actually be able to get the scholarships for college. Cool. Keeping my hands off them, though, is a challenge for me. I'm afraid of when they become teens, and I can't even give needs-based commands. YIKES! Free will is HARD!

Still, all three of my challenges are coming along nicely, in their own ways. I'm just swapping out, based on moods, and not getting chapters completed, so it seems like I haven't been doing anything. That's not true.

I bought Sims Castaway Stories.

Hmmmm. After I finish the initial "story" game, I might have to do a BACC on Wanmami Island. FUN! Whole different rules set again.

Well, gotta go. It's Halloween, and we're running a game at the trunk-or-treat, but then I'm gonna load up my game and hopefully finish a chapter. Goodnight!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just finished my first week of real play in Youngdale. Well, one household. Anyway, Chapter 1 - Royal Wedding, is posted.

Next up is the Hunter family.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

How's everyone's games going? I haven't had time to even read up on the stories since my hubby got a new job- we had 2 months to move and get our house ready to put on the market... not as easy as I hoped. XD

Now, I'm sitting in a hotel room with time to read, if not play. =D

Happy Simming :hugs:

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”