OWBC Bad Apple Issue

And I'm never going to quit until I face my challenge.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

OWBC Bad Apple Issue

Postby skilynn » November 2nd, 2015, 2:18 am

Hello, everyone. I am playing an unpublished OWBC and one of the challenges I took on was One Bad Apple. My Bad Apple grew up to a child a few Sim days ago and has passed out five times because he will not go to bed.

I've tried many things to help this poor kid but to no avail. I reset the ownership for all beds in the house, used his older brother to make sure the bed was a valid sleeping location, reset the Bad Apple, and replaced the bed itself a few times.

So my question is, does this sound like a game issue, or simply my Bad Apple being a Bad Apple? I would hate to see him keep losing aspiration points if it's a game issue.

skilynn
Actually, that's a step-ladder.

Medals: 4
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) USA - Arizona (1)

Re: OWBC Bad Apple Issue

Postby Radiochocolate » November 8th, 2015, 11:03 am

Sounds to me like his other needs spawn commands instead of going to bed, or other people steal the bed/the route is blocked before he can get there.

Try having another sim call him over to the bedroom, then keep him locked there until he goes to sleep (unless he's hungry).
Delightfully occupied with matters outside this forum. Stories are on indefinite hiatus.
Will occasionally lurk, but is best caught using PM (goes straight to my e-mail).
Iron Values TPC Oh Lorde! QBC Sim Scrabble NGC
Simself 20/20/20 rule
Custom startup screen messages
Radiochocolate
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 18
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Story of the Month (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1) Bronze Writing Award 2016 (1) Halloween Candy (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2016 Valentine Events (1) Halloween 2016 (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Re: OWBC Bad Apple Issue

Postby skilynn » November 10th, 2015, 11:08 pm

I tried it out, and it worked okay, but it turns out removing the Smart Beds mod made everything work great! I'll miss my Sims going to the correct bed, but at least it'll keep my Bad Apple from loosing so much aspiration. He attacked his brother the other day; here's hoping he doesn't do it to another.

Thank you so much for your help!
skilynn
Actually, that's a step-ladder.

Medals: 4
2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) USA - Arizona (1)

Return to Sims 2 Challenge Chat