Request for Bachelors

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Request for Bachelors

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, when I finish my current apocalypse, I plan to start a Royal Kingdom. I've read several different rules sets, and decided to just put together my own rules. I've spent some days typing them up, and reviewing them. It's not Build-a-City, so much as make it through 5 generations with at least one household in each class, but the rules are still 13 pages long.

Anyway, this challenge will be different in that it starts with a Bachelor Challenge! My simself will be the Queen, and the bachelors will be competing to be the King! Well, more like Prince Consort, because my Simself Queen will rule, and it will be a matriarchal monarchy. The first and second ones to leave the bachelor challenge will be the founders for the peasant class, third and fourth will found the merchant class, and the fifth and sixth to leave will be the nobles. They'll find their wives among the approved classes of NPCs.

As many of you know, I have minimal CC. I have the Batbox, Simblender, Nuke stuck items, and the teleportation urn. I'm going to add Pescado's fix for primping when my current apocalypse is over (I like to add things between challenges, if possible). I do have two CC skins and a hair or two waiting in the wings to add when it feels safe, but frankly, any genetic or clothing CC completely borks my Body Shop, and it will NOT OPEN. I can't extract sims using SimsPE (doesn't run on my machine), and I have tried to install some downloaded simselves, all to no avail. They simply don't show up at all.

So, here's the request: Please send me suggestions for bachelors. I need seven bachelors, all without CC, so modern characters. Unless you want someone wearing a knight's armor from Open for Business. Heck, I'll take a gorilla and deep-sea diver, if someone suggests it. I'll take the first seven suggestions, whatever they may be, with that surprise being part of the challenge.

Mostly I don't care much about genetics, so if you have a genetic preference, go ahead and specify it (hair color, eye color, skin color, and face #). You can specify his costume, as well. I have everything up to Bon Voyage. If you want an alien, I can do that. Specify the genetics for the father, and I will breed him in another neighborhood, then move him into his own lot and package that lot, so I can load that lot into the Kingdom neighborhood and get him in that way. So, he'll look kind of random, but with your requested genetics there, in the background. I'll change his wardrobe, hairstyle, and such before packaging him, to suit your request.

Also, please specify the bachelor's zodiac sign, personality, turn ons/off. Add a back-story if you want, and I'll try to play that character that way. If you tell me he's laid back, I'll play him as laid back. If you tell me he has a grand scheme to take over the world, then I'll make sure to give him time to plan and plot. If you tell me "Pinky and the Brain" that counts as two requests, unless we're going for a split-personality. Specify. If you tell me he's a Knowledge-sim horn dog who will hit on anything bipedal but has a particular fondness for zombies, I'll play him like that. Tell me what you want. I'll take the FIRST SEVEN REQUESTS.

If you want to aim for good chemistry with me, that's fine. Or you can aim to make your bachelor a peasant who has no chance with Her Majesty. My simself is fat, blonde, wears glasses, and currently has no make-up or jewelry, but I WILL add make-up and jewelry, to make her more "Queenly." She's a Libra and Family sim, who will start as a blank slate on skills, although my character will tend toward building creativity, charisma and logic, but leaving body alone. She's unlikely to ever be fit, unless autonomous Tai Chi takes its toll. Cooking, cleaning, and mechanical will be the job of Brittany, my simself's Servo (they're packaged together with my cat, Mittens), so she won't even bother with those skills. Bear that in mind, as you design your contender. Triple bolts means a better chance at a higher rank.

If you have questions bout the rules I'll be using, in case it effects your choices, let me know, and I'll post the rules in some spoilers (13 pages, remember?).
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Request for Bachelors

Post by Ani-Mei »

I have plenty, mostly my legacy heirs but if you're interested I did save some RKC boys from my Hyperia. They are Thai's simself's kids and they're Noble born.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

A noble-born sim from another legacy? Sounds fun! Please choose one, and give me the specifics. I'll have to re-create him in-game, since I simply cannot get downloaded sims to install, for some reason, in my Mac version of the game.

Thanks, Ani-Mei!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well I have two, Eric and Shawn Trace. Eric is in blue and Shawn is in yellow. Eric was Knowledge I think and Shawn was Fortune. I forget their specifics now but it's on my LJ somewhere.

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Great, Ani-Mei! Thanks! They're both very handsome, too!

Well, I don't have the hair for the first one, and Shawn looks pretty much base-game, from what I can see in this one pic (except for the costume, of course). So I think I'll do Shawn. Please send me his character specs. I may not play him just as he was in your story, particularly since I haven't read that particular one. But tell me what he's like, and I'll do my best to stay in character.

I really do like the idea of having at least one contender be truly noble-born with a history.

Do you have a link to your old story, so I can get a feel for him?
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It's here in the Challenge Graveyard. They are the sons of Lord Thai Trace so their chapters are under Trace.

Once Upon A Kingdom
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Ani-Mei! I'll go read it now.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bachelor # 1:

Thank you, Ani-Mei!

OK, so I've created Shawn Trace as best I can based on the few pictures in your story (Poor second son, just didn't get much face time), and without CC or Body Shop. I'm not really good at fine-tuning, so I tried to make it look like him but I'm afraid he's not really the same. I just couldn't seem to get the nose and brow right, and I'm worried about the cheekbones. Still, I decided he's good enough, and now he's my official Bachelor #1.

Now, the story showed his personality, zodiac sign, aspiration and lifetime want, but not his turn-ons/off. If you remember them, great. Let me know and I'll change them. If not, that's OK. He's set to liking blondes and jewelry, and turned off by cleaning, because after all, he's noble-born, and above such things. Also, that will boost the chemistry between him and the Queen, as a perk for being the first one to enter.

I don't have Freetime, so his want to become a City Planner won't work. He wants to become The Law.

Shawn Trace was the second son of a noble family. His father, Thai Trace, was a famous philanderer, who actually had twenty lovers, and the other nobles in his country decided that the Trace blood was "tainted," and unworthy of marriage. Unable to find a bride there, Shawn decided to try for a fresh start and joined the expedition to found Youngdale, a new kingdom on newly discovered, unpopulated land. There, no one would care about his simself father or any previous scandals, and he would have a chance to prove his true nobility, based on his own merits.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bachelor #2

Thanks to shannonagins for her request (via chat, so there's no post on this thread). Allow me to introduce Walter Copperfield.

Walter Copperfield is descended from the famous magician, David Copperfield. But unlike his successful forbear, Walter can't work magic. Oh, he has the power, but he also has a terrible addiction to Grilled Cheese, the one food that will squelch a wizard's magical abilities. If he could only break free from his need to feed on the gooey goodness of grilled cheese, then he might be able to cast some powerful spells. As it is, well, he's sort of stuck living the life of a layman.

Walter is a Taurus (8/6/3/5/3), and he likes good cooks in formal clothes, and dislikes athletic sims. He also loves purple, and is quite disappointed at the distinct lack of purple clothing options for men in Youngdale. He's afraid that when he grow into an elder, he may have to choose blue for his every day wear.
shannonagins
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by shannonagins »

I love it!!! I can't wait to read the challenge!
Welcome to the Trailer Park!
Updated 2/26/2016
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bachelor #3

In the chat, I had a couple of people vote for me to use my Badass Alphabetocalypse founder, Clovis Badass, as a bachelor. I'm totally on board with that, because I miss the cranky codger. He'll probably wind up as a peasant, anyway.

Clovis is 0/7/10/8/0. Absolute slob, outgoing, super active, playful, and mean as heck. He's a Sagittarius, which is described as “jovial and carefree,” but my Clovis is anything but. His turn-ons are charismatic and mechanical, and he's turned off by cologne.

Although I did promise this guy I'd give him another go-round in a non-apocalyptic land, somehow, I don't think competing for kingship is quite what he had in mind.

"Are you kidding me, Goddess? I was BORN to be king. Anyway, the battle for kingship should be about blood and guts, not hearts and flowers!"

Yeah, this will be fun.

I created him in Body Shop before I began my alphabetocalypse, and before Body Shop went wonky, so he's the only pre-made sim I can actually use for this challenge. Four more bachelors to go!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Update - My neighborhood for this went completely bonkers, so I have to start all over.

I did manage to package Bachelor #1, and Clovis was one of my few Body-Shop successes, so I have them, but I have to re-create Bachelor #2, and just create a bunch of bachelors on my own to get things set up.

It's going to be a while.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Hate it when that happens. >_<. Well maybe your new Windows computer will be able to have downloads show up in Body Shop this time.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

It does! I can have CC in Body Shop, and download sims! I prefer the CC that is genetic, and can be passed down through the generations, which is one reason I made Ragnar Rock with the MTS "Stoney skin". Ummm, I forget the name and link, but it's at mod the sims. Anyway, I CAN! YAAAAAY!

So, if anyone wants to send me a packaged sim, I'll give it a whirl!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bachelor #4

Thanks to mysterymusic7 for her sim, Joshua Hunter, taken from her dual legacy challenge that died. I'll play him according to her description, as best I can.

Joshua is from the land of Chudda...and thanks to his cousin Hailey he became aware of the fact that there are multiple dimensions out there. And oddly enough there was another universe parellel to his own another Chuda..which was fascinating.....of .course he was also a girl in this other universe. That was weird...good thing he was naturally easy going. Anyway Joshua has discovered he loves to travel across time/space, or just across the world's enough really.

IT's his knowledge side sending him to explore Youngdale. HE IS NOT GOING through a midlife crisis. Still...gotta wonder how many Youngdales there actually are....I mean what if this portal goes wonky and instead of his Youngdale he ends up in another one and runs into a second version of himself....Nah it'll be fine.

Hopefully this lady of Youngale has music around...he can't live without his MP3 player..though if they're like behind the times he supposes he could by with an instrument or two..oh and a sewing machine. He loves to make clothes and quilts. He can't live without his sewing machine. Forget it he's taking one with him. What???
Oh, and I suppose I should mention at this point that when I set up the new neighborhood, I wound up changing the name. My sister had named her own Sims neighborhood "Simburgdorptonville," and with her permission, I created the "Kingdom of Simburgdorptonville." That's what it's called in-game.

But I just realized how much I really hate typing that, so it will probably remain as "Youngdale" in the PowerPoint slides. :heavybreathing:

For my next bachelor... My brother made the request of Groo the Wanderer, from his favorite comic books, and as I started to look for CC to make him, I found the official website, and it's copyrighted, so maybe I'll do Groop the Meanderer, instead. Also, I couldn't find any good "barbarian" CC, so he'll be a modern mendicant.

I sent a request to Keika to see if I can use Vis White, now that I got that sim's package to work, because I just love Vis, and the BBVM. I haven't heard back, yet, though. I just love Vis too much! On second hand, if he were in game, I'd be sorely tempted to cheat, so that he'd win. :smooch: Hmmmm, better not have him in the Bachelor Challenge, after all. It's just not fair to the competition. Besides, asking y'all for suggestions was meant to be a protection, so that I wouldn't play favorites, anyway. I'm already pushing it with Clovis.

He's in the SimBin, though, so he might wind up making an appearance in town, eventually. :whistle:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Do you still need bachelors? Cause I can throw a sim in your direction if you'd like :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Well if you still need them, I have a whole slew of legacy heirs and spares. Also packaged Tybold Beta from my AU legacy if you want him.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

*giggles insanely at Joshua cheering the sewing machine*
That shouldn't amuse me as much as it does I'm sure, but oh well.
Looking forward to seeing the challenge.

And I adored Vis too. He was awesome.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sam, yes, please do! I need two more.

Bachelor #5 is going to be "Groop the Meanderer" (because Groo the Wanderer is copyrighted), for my brother. So, I need Bachelor #6 and #7. The weirder, the better.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bumping this, because I still need another bachelor or two, preferably packaged, with a good description of their character or a link to whatever story I can read to glean character insights. The weirder, the better. I want to have something to switch off with, when I can't stand the snows of an apocalypse any more, so please give me another bachelor, and I'll get going on my Royal Queendom.

I have decided that, as a Queendom (Matriarchal Monarchy), all princesses will be named after those fantastic characters at Rejected Princesses.com. Royal sons will be named after kings and princes throughout history, myths and fiction, but the source of my information may vary. All the princesses, however, will come from Rejected Princesses, because I love the site, and want to let more people know about it.

As for the other ranks, I'll name them however I want, at the time.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”