Paying BACC Taxes

Simsimity

Post Counts

Paying BACC Taxes

Post by Simsimity »

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a dilemma with paying taxes - I'm not sure how I want to do it. I used to just familyfund the money away, but that stops working after awhile - especially if you end up with multiple households of the same last name. So I want to try something different, that will work regardless of family name. What do you guys use? I have a bunch of different options, and am willing to download something else if needed.

So talk to me, what do you use, how does it work, etc?
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Re: Paying BACC Taxes

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

If you have a small neighborhood, you could make the families buy their taxes in useless decorative items (some of them cost nice round numbers,) and have them gift them to the mayor or someone else they see every rotation, then family funds that away from the mayor. (Assuming that the mayor does not share a last name with any other household.)

I also think there used to be a hack, on either simbology or MATY, that allowed you to go into a lot, and add or remove a set amount of cash from the family account. I forget what it was called though, so other simmers, help me out here! 8-)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

I use Monique's computer, with which you can do all kinds of money related things (like setting up bank accounts). I let my Sims "donate" the amount of money need to pay in taxes, and then just keep track of it outside of the game (in an Excel file). It works perfectly for me! Here's the link to Monique's computer: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=64137
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

^ That's the one I was talking about. :thup:
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Hmm, I do have Monique's computer but I haven't tried everything it does yet! Especially the banking type stuff - I might have to give it a try. Still open to other ideas as well, if anyone has them! Does Monique's computer do odd numbers, like 3348 or do I have to round up/down to a whole number type thing?

Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

You'll have to round up or down. In my game, I'd round 3348 up to 3400. :)
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Thanks! Yeah, I'd definitely round up lol, those taxes are important! :D

Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Exactly! :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I set up a guy named "Ira Taxman," and use boolprop to make him know everyone. Then, I use Monique's computer to transfer funds to him. Since I don't actually play him, the interest never accrues, and it's easy to keep track of the amount in his account. Other than that, he's an off-limits townie, as far as I'm concerned. And, of course, nobody likes the Tax Man.

Of course, that was when I was using downloads.

In "vanilla" games, I'd have to do something like give him gifts, I suppose, or buy specific items that you can easily tell are "taxes" and keep them in inventory, never to be touched again. But I really do prefer Monique's computer.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Thanks for the tax man idea, I myself was trying to figure out how to do this. But having a character that all he does is keep up with the local taxes would be pretty interesting.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”