Paying BACC Taxes

And I'm never going to quit until I face my challenge.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

Paying BACC Taxes

Postby Simsimity » January 20th, 2015, 7:21 am

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a dilemma with paying taxes - I'm not sure how I want to do it. I used to just familyfund the money away, but that stops working after awhile - especially if you end up with multiple households of the same last name. So I want to try something different, that will work regardless of family name. What do you guys use? I have a bunch of different options, and am willing to download something else if needed.

So talk to me, what do you use, how does it work, etc?
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Simsimity
Queen of Useless Information
House of Plumbob

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Maine (1)

Re: Paying BACC Taxes

Postby Scribal_Goddess » January 20th, 2015, 11:03 am

If you have a small neighborhood, you could make the families buy their taxes in useless decorative items (some of them cost nice round numbers,) and have them gift them to the mayor or someone else they see every rotation, then family funds that away from the mayor. (Assuming that the mayor does not share a last name with any other household.)

I also think there used to be a hack, on either simbology or MATY, that allowed you to go into a lot, and add or remove a set amount of cash from the family account. I forget what it was called though, so other simmers, help me out here! 8-)
Scribal_Goddess

Medals: 1
2016 Easter Events (1)

Postby Anne » January 20th, 2015, 3:09 pm

I use Monique's computer, with which you can do all kinds of money related things (like setting up bank accounts). I let my Sims "donate" the amount of money need to pay in taxes, and then just keep track of it outside of the game (in an Excel file). It works perfectly for me! Here's the link to Monique's computer: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=64137
Anne
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Medals: 10
Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1)
Netherlands (1)

Postby Scribal_Goddess » January 20th, 2015, 8:36 pm

^ That's the one I was talking about. :thup:
Scribal_Goddess

Medals: 1
2016 Easter Events (1)

Postby Simsimity » January 20th, 2015, 9:30 pm

Hmm, I do have Monique's computer but I haven't tried everything it does yet! Especially the banking type stuff - I might have to give it a try. Still open to other ideas as well, if anyone has them! Does Monique's computer do odd numbers, like 3348 or do I have to round up/down to a whole number type thing?

Simsimity
House of Plumbob

Postby Anne » January 21st, 2015, 4:23 am

You'll have to round up or down. In my game, I'd round 3348 up to 3400. :)
Anne
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Drinks on the House (1)
Netherlands (1)

Postby Simsimity » January 21st, 2015, 6:16 am

Thanks! Yeah, I'd definitely round up lol, those taxes are important! :D

Simsimity
House of Plumbob

Postby Anne » January 21st, 2015, 6:21 am

Exactly! :D
Anne
House of Smustle
House of Smustle

Netherlands (1)

Postby MichelleCYoung » January 25th, 2015, 3:24 am

I set up a guy named "Ira Taxman," and use boolprop to make him know everyone. Then, I use Monique's computer to transfer funds to him. Since I don't actually play him, the interest never accrues, and it's easy to keep track of the amount in his account. Other than that, he's an off-limits townie, as far as I'm concerned. And, of course, nobody likes the Tax Man.

Of course, that was when I was using downloads.

In "vanilla" games, I'd have to do something like give him gifts, I suppose, or buy specific items that you can easily tell are "taxes" and keep them in inventory, never to be touched again. But I really do prefer Monique's computer.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
Alphabetepic Apocalypse updated 4-1-16 - Adventure Complete
Parker Trailer Park Challenge updated Mar 27, 2017
Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge updated Sep 25, 2017
The NeenerNanner Apocalypse - October 31, 2016 A New Hope Apocalypse - October 9, 2016 - hiatus until I upgrade my computer
Simself version 1 Simself version 2
MichelleCYoung
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 13
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (2) Completed a Challenge! (1) Gold Writing Award 2016 (1) Gold Writing Award 2017 (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1)
Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Netherlands (1)

Postby Bouncer » February 1st, 2015, 5:38 am

Thanks for the tax man idea, I myself was trying to figure out how to do this. But having a character that all he does is keep up with the local taxes would be pretty interesting.
Bouncer
Mod Apprentice
Staff Moderator

Medals: 8
Story of the Month (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) Happy Birthday (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Minnesota (1)

Return to Sims 2 Challenge Chat