OWBC Question

And I'm never going to quit until I face my challenge.
Forum rules
The Legacy & Challenge Story Update Threads have been revived! These are a fantastic group of threads where you can post every single one of your legacy or challenge story updates and shamelessly plug yourself! When you post your next legacy or challenge post, then feel free to post an update into the thread as well! And as if one plug isn't enough, at the end of the month someone will come along and post a big omnipost of all the updates that have been posted within the aforementioned month.
The (Un)Official Legacy & Challenge Story Update Thread: TS2

OWBC Question

Postby Kelyns » October 23rd, 2014, 12:26 am

I was thinking about doing an OWBC, as a "break" from my regular legacy and also as a test to see if I can actually finish something. I would like to use Herbert Goodie though. I can't explain it, I just like him a lot. Anyway, would that be allowed as long as I family fund him down to the appropriate funds, or would it be against the rules? I can't find anything that says no playables in the rules, but I assumed it's a bit like the legacy in that regard, or am I wrong?

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes I will be getting rid of Faith.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal
Kelyns

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1)

Re: OWBC Question

Postby Lorinsv » October 24th, 2014, 10:24 am

I say go for it with good old Herbert. The end goal of the BaCC is so far out there, I think most of us are pretty lax with how players choose to get there. It isn't like starting with Herbert is going to make reaching a population of 50,000 any easier. Besides, I like him too.
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Simsomniac

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1)

Postby Faye Silver » October 27th, 2014, 3:14 pm

I don't think there'd be a problem with you using him in the OWBC, I mean if you start him in a fresh neighborhood without Faith or if he has any skills then go for it, and you can marry playables in. I think simselves aren't created as townies so...Go for it. But it is like a legacy on the other hand so, up to your discretion?
Faye Silver
Expert on all things Harry Potter, History, and Hockey
House of Motherlode

Medals: 7
2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) Halloween Candy (1) 2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Treasure Chest (1) Jolly Roger (1)

Postby Kelyns » October 27th, 2014, 8:27 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think I'll go with Herbert. It'll make the start really interesting, since I'm keeping him as an elder and he'll be under a time crunch. And it's funny that you mention using a clean hood, Faye Silver, cuz I wasn't going to do that at all! Instead I was toying with the idea of killing Faith off and using that as a plot-y backstory for the challenge. :hmm: Using a clean hood and extracting him didn't even occur to me, lol.
Last edited by Kelyns on October 28th, 2014, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal
Kelyns

Postby Lorinsv » October 28th, 2014, 12:46 am

:duh: Well, color me embarrassed. I saw OWBC and read BaCC. Never mind!

(Still like Herbert, though!)
Image Image
ISTJ
Lorinsv
Simsomniac

Medals: 14
Golden Plumbob (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Happy Birthday (1) Serious Admin Award (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1)
Little Ball of Fur (1) There was one Guitar (1) The Legend of (1) Moustache Love (1) Drinks on the House (1)

Postby Kelyns » October 28th, 2014, 7:40 am

Its okay and your comment still kinda applies-it's about finishing the legacy, right? Not just the founder.

To be honest, not sure if I could do a bawc. I've never been the type of simmer who could play several houses equally. I'd always spend way too much time with one family cuz I like them better.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal
Kelyns

Return to Sims 2 Challenge Chat