OWBC Question

Kelyns

OWBC Question

Post by Kelyns »

I was thinking about doing an OWBC, as a "break" from my regular legacy and also as a test to see if I can actually finish something. I would like to use Herbert Goodie though. I can't explain it, I just like him a lot. Anyway, would that be allowed as long as I family fund him down to the appropriate funds, or would it be against the rules? I can't find anything that says no playables in the rules, but I assumed it's a bit like the legacy in that regard, or am I wrong?

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes I will be getting rid of Faith.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: OWBC Question

Post by Lorinsv »

I say go for it with good old Herbert. The end goal of the BaCC is so far out there, I think most of us are pretty lax with how players choose to get there. It isn't like starting with Herbert is going to make reaching a population of 50,000 any easier. Besides, I like him too.
Image Image
ISTJ
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

I don't think there'd be a problem with you using him in the OWBC, I mean if you start him in a fresh neighborhood without Faith or if he has any skills then go for it, and you can marry playables in. I think simselves aren't created as townies so...Go for it. But it is like a legacy on the other hand so, up to your discretion?
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Kelyns

Post by Kelyns »

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I think I'll go with Herbert. It'll make the start really interesting, since I'm keeping him as an elder and he'll be under a time crunch. And it's funny that you mention using a clean hood, Faye Silver, cuz I wasn't going to do that at all! Instead I was toying with the idea of killing Faith off and using that as a plot-y backstory for the challenge. :hmm: Using a clean hood and extracting him didn't even occur to me, lol.
Last edited by Kelyns on October 28th, 2014, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:duh: Well, color me embarrassed. I saw OWBC and read BaCC. Never mind!

(Still like Herbert, though!)
Image Image
ISTJ
Kelyns

Post by Kelyns »

Its okay and your comment still kinda applies-it's about finishing the legacy, right? Not just the founder.

To be honest, not sure if I could do a bawc. I've never been the type of simmer who could play several houses equally. I'd always spend way too much time with one family cuz I like them better.
Call Me KB

ImageImage

[/size]
Updates on LiveJournal

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”