Boolprop Renovations!

Forum news, updates, and random information will be posted here.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Boolprop Renovations!

Post by Livvielove »

Hey Boolpropians!

This is a general public service announcement as Boolprop will be undergoing some Story-Board Renovations starting on OCTOBER 20th! Do not be alarmed, all of your stories will be safe!

Starting on the 20th, the awesome moderators of Boolprop will be working to start a general clean-up of the Story Boards. Mostly because... there are a lot of them and... they're on the bare-r side. In an effort to keep Boolprop easy to navigate as well as to make for a cleaner, happier environment, here are some of the changes that will be instituted:
Currently we have 3 separate boards for all of the stories/legacies/narratives/challenges. These boards are:
  • the Legacy Board (broken into The Sims 2/The Sims 3/The Sims 4, with several subsections in each);
  • the Challenges Board (broken into The Sims 2/The Sims 3/The Sims 4 and several subsections in each);
  • and the Misc. Story Board (broken into The Sims 2/The Sims 3/The Sims 4, with several subsections in each).

We're condensing everything into one board: The Sims Stories, which would be broken down into 4 subsections,
  • The Sims 2
  • The Sims 3
  • The Sims 4
  • Boolprop Challenges

With no further sub-sectioning in each. So to clarify, here's what threads will go into each of the subsections on this The Sims Stories Board:
The Sims 2:

The Sims 3

The Sims 4

Boolprop Challenges

As such, there will be more consolidation to match these changes, including changes in the following boards being reduced:

Sims Chat: Subsections consist of...
The Sims 2 Chat, which will condense:

The Sims 3 Chat, which will condense:

The Sims 4 Chat, which will condense:

Story Polls: Subsections consist of...
The Sims 2 Story Polls, which will condense:

The Sims 3 Story Polls, which will condense:

The Sims 4 Story Polls, which will condense:

Story Graveyard: Subsections consist of...
The Sims 2 Graveyard, which will condense:

The Sims 3 Graveyard, which will condense:

The Sims 4 Graveyard, which will condense:

Completed Stories: Subsections consist of...
The Sims 2 Completed Stories, which will condense:

The Sims 3 Completed Stories, which will condense:

The Sims 4 Completed Stories, which will condense:

Completed Boolprop Challenge Stories, which will consist of:
  • ANY completed Baby Boom Challenges (regardless of what game)
  • ANY completed EPIC Challenges (regardless of what game)
  • ANY completed Monster Mash Challenges (regardless of what game)
  • ANY completed "Officially Wacky" Challenges (regardless of what game)
  • ANY completed DyNasty's of Darkness Challenges (regardless of what game)

This is not anything that you members need to be concerned with. While we will be cleaning up very old threads we have no intent of removing any stories in this current renovation we'll be doing. Everything will be moved not lost! If you have any questions or need any clarifications on the renovations that will be happening, please ask in this thread or feel free to PM me.

What's important for YOU to know is that we can't really rename or remove any boards until we've moved all of the threads, so there might be a day or two where things will be a little chaotic. We apologize for any strife or inconvenience this may cause, but know that it won't be permanent! If all goes well we could have the boards cleaned up fairly quickly!

Renovations Start On October 20th!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Boolprop Renovations!

Post by Livvielove »

I wanted to add a little note at the bottom of this: Cororon and I ran a test today (that I backed up with another member), where I grabbed the link to my old story thread, moved the thread, and checked the old link. So, all links to your forum stories will remain the same! This is without testing what will happen when we start to completely REMOVE boards from Boolprop, but I'm doubtful that this will cause any thread-html changes that we need to be concerned with.

HOWEVER, to be safe, and because we are aware of the Bat Hunt going on in the Halloween Events, we highly encourage you to make a note of any and all links with their title (or other means of recognizing the thread) to your bats just in case. We're not saying anything WILL happen to them, but if you don't plan to turn in your Bat Hunt links before the 20th, it might be worthwhile to at least note down the thread name of the ones you've found so you can find them again in the off-chance that any of the links are changed. Once again, we don't foresee this as being a problem, but we did want to give everyone an alert just to be on the safe side! We know how much time and effort some put into hunting for the bats and we'd hate to see anyone lose their progress due to broken links!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Boolprop Renovations!

Post by Livvielove »

Renovations are complete! Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions or concerns - or if a thread appears to be put in the wrong place, please feel free to PM me. Keep your eyes out for further announcements regarding some further cleanup of older, uncompleted story threads that will be released later today.

Return to “Updates & Information”