Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - Spri

Post by Lorinsv »

Yeah, but it still hurts my head! :dizzy:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

@ Lorinsv & Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Oh, it was just a productive weekend, guys. And since I kicked indepth characterisation and borderline-obsessive subplots out the window, it just becomes faster to write... after all, the stars of the show right now are the businesses, why the characters are pretty forgetable... Professor Disc has the most characterisation, and it sums down to 'Mad Scientist with world conquering ambitions and half a brain...' - Vonnie the witch has more Character than him, and she's an NPC.... oh well, gonna write the next chapters now...
Household Q Update - Engage!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Have the day off for the Presidents' Day holiday :neener:

:bounce: Household Q engaged!
Spoiler:
Love the seashell stand, and the look of the AL shelving on wall pillars. It's probably where I would do most of my shopping on Numa Key. :) I want to do one for MV despite the restocking issue, just because shells are so pretty.

The Alien Club looks amazing, love the coffee bar-stargazing combo for it!

Since your number of playable households are static at the moment, would you mind posting some sort of picture arrangement of the Servos' apartment buildings? *Am greedy, want moar eyecandy...* (Just if or when you feel like it :whome:)

P. S. Working on the Outside update :goodvibes:
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Were there ever houses after S? I dunno, it's 1:30 am here and I'm kinda falling asleep but I had to read. I took a page from your book and started making snapdragons for my RKC royal venue I've played the second week of my royals and Prince Nemo is an adorable child. <3 Anyway, love the Star Trek quotes they make me happy to see. Good to know that the shells can't be auto restocked though, always learning new things about stuff I never really thought about. Numa Key is really filling up, looking forward to seeing how the next one will be.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@lorin:
Spoiler:
Okay, I'll take a picture of Instant City later showing which household lives in which apartment block - originally, the alphabetical order should also be visible in the placement of houses, but then I realized, that certain houses look better in a different place...
@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Not yet - But in summer, I will add three more apartment blocks, so there will be three 'new' families then...
Household R Update! - WOO - only one more to go.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I liked the Toddler shop the best in this one. :)
Congrats for being almost finished with the Spring round! :bounce:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

:faint: :coffee: :bounce:

FINALLY - Year 1 of Instant City is Finished !!!

Update Household S!

... sooo... what to do next year...? :misspeak: :censored:

@lorin:
Spoiler:
Glad you like it.
- as promised, Instant City's placement of Households:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - Year

Post by Lorinsv »

HOORAY, YOU DID IT! :dizzy: :highfive: :party:
Spoiler:
The post office and SIMKEA businesses are great! I've never been to an IKEA store before. :sigh:

90 businesses is fantastic! Thanks for all the neighborhood shots, I love those!

Funny coincidence, my Outside update has a political thing going too :wink:
You're doing such a great job with this challenge: interesting, informative, ambitious, beautiful and funny :drinks: I will be very interested to see what you have in store for Instant City in Year 2! :bounce:
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

This is so AWESOME. I'm watching in awe at how you're playing this! :applause:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice job closing out the season! :party: I wanted to read them yesterday but my internet decided to lag like a ten tonne truck and nothing would load so I could read. Eagerly awaiting the next season to begin.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@ Lorinsv, Anne & Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Thanks guys - for everything!!!! :hugs:
Okay, so I'm officially crazy... this is the beginning of year 2 already... after this, there will probably be a long pause, but that's basically as far as I got with the hood for now...I'm in the process of planning the next Business District right now, that'll take time...

anway:
- Household Disc, Summer 2 Update
- Household Disc, Summer 2 ~ Bonus Round~
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
That was insane, the floating cargo ship? Boolprop codes never worked for me so I couldn't build that. :sorry: Son 1 needs a girlfriend, someone to get his mind off his obviously insane family so I offer my Simself for him. :couple: And I love having her elf ears carry on. :haha: Nice bonus update though. :thup:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Ugh, Authorstream isn't working for me right now (trying various links with no luck). Anyone else having that problem?
Never mind, it's working now :fluffy:
*Goes to read and comment*

Oh boy.
Spoiler:
Hoo-wee, the family drama at the Smittens' after so many Servo households was quite a shock (although a rather welcome one). Professor Disc, as Bugs Bunny would say, is an ultra maroon! And despite how much silliness it's couched in, rejection from your parent hurts. :sorry:

I assume Robin/Son 1's own depiction as a parent was based on autonomous actions? :hmm: Wonder if he'll step up to the plate and become the father he never had now that the little nooboos are exclusively in his care. I kinda doubt it, but stranger things have happened...

Also curious what Rose will be up to now that she's on her own, without any skilling left to do, but there are her romantic pursuits to keep her busy.

So happy to see you put your brilliant green energy lots to good use in Instant City and its subdistricts! I don't know anything about nuclear power plants either, so yours looked great and very official to me! :party2:

As someone who loves the process of getting from Point A to B, it's always so interesting watching how you put everything together. Your cargo ship is a :censored: wonder. :dizzy: :applause:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
The Modifyneighborhoodterrain cheat can be a bit a tricky, because the buttons needed to raise, lower, flatten and level the terrain differ between the different languages. For example, the American version uses the buttons as described here, while the German version needs these buttons. And this is how the cheat looks in action.
It's fun, once you get used to it, but in any case - always make a backup first before trying it out!

:sly: It was actually your comment, that made me realize, that I wrote Son-1 as a much more sympathetic character than I remember... so far, I considered everyone in the Disc family a bit over the top, not the brightest and kind of a bunch of jack@$$es... Now, while I'm trying to create a 'Disc'-only family - already tested out, where Sims with the same ancestors aren't considered related anymore and therefore can marry (about 4 generations difference, same great-grandparents) - you can download them all here - feel free to let the poor Son-1 have a bit more familyness with your Simself... :hearts: ..
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thanks - right now, the Nuclear Power plant is still lagging, so my ideas what to do with it might be a bit different... I tought about Zombie households moving in... well, perhaps Servo Zombies...

- perhaps the new families will move around a bit more, for now I just wanted these 3 apartments...because with 22 4-household-Apartments + 1 Residential in the hood, I can now add the maximum number of Sims I need for my 500.000 inhabitants plan, which hinges on the idea that I need 708 Sims with a SM of 707....
pnkpnthr334

Post by pnkpnthr334 »

Holy wow! I've only read Summer 1 (and the history of) so far, and wow! You are amazing! This is the greatest BaCC I have ever seen! I really hope you make it to 500,000!
Spoiler:
I had completely forgotten that Snapdragons existed in the game! I do have one Sim working on their flower arranging badge, so I'm sure I would have remembered soon enough. But now I want to get back to him so I can start cranking out Snapdragons! One of his businesses is really struggling, so I think they'll help!

Servos!!! My first BaCC had a ton, and I'm working on getting some now, since they are completely amazing at businesses! But 147?!?! That is insane! I really need to get to their updates so I can see what you're doing with all of them.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - 5000

@pnkpnthr334:
Spoiler:
Yep - servos and snapdragons are a good strategy - even after experimenting with other ways, it always comes back to this for me... :mrgreen:
Opening a Business that sells snapdragons might be a good idea, then other households can just buy one instead of struggling to get a Gold Flower Badge - the price for them will easily come back in once you have several on the lot. :geek:

- again, I'll try to play the challenge till I either reach 500.000 or the hood blows up... :timebomb:
Just keep in mind, that I could already earn 200+ Unis with 1000+ CAS Sims simply by letting Professor Disc donate his excess money... so technically, my population could reach 1 Million + right now... or blow up, probably more likely... :timebomb:
Update: Household A - The Economists

New Business District added + 5000 Population!
Spoiler:
[…] You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. […] * Kobi-Wan Enobi
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

GAHH!! Deleted my first reply!! :banghead:
Spoiler:
And I totally forget what I said...oh right the subplots. They are one thing that makes your stories great. :woot: Also the use of the word major, in English a Major is a military title (we have a family friend whose a major) and for a political title we use M-A-Y-O-R. Since in English Y is sometimes considered the sixth vowel because it makes an I sound such as with the word Hyme, and Rhyme. Anyway, nice to see you back with a new BD and new households (good way around the lack of children).
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Thanks for pointing the major - mayor -thing out :banghead: - fixed it.... now to the other bazillion failures I made... :ouch
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
It's okay, I'd misspell German words too (considering I know so few of them). My dad knows some, only because his grandmother was German and taught him how to swear in it.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”