Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1775

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Hey I'm still here and I'm pink now so woo! I can give medals and stuff! So more spacesuits and inbred Plantsims hmm? I would have had my game blow up long before now with all the Servos and Plantsims...if I still played Sims 2. Of course I will always love it, kinda like a first love you never forget but you move on from over time. Anyway, nice to see you update and I can see when you're invisible too, mod powers and all that. Hehe. Keep it up and I hope I can award you some medals in the future too.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1775

Post by Lorinsv »

Heh, I thought last night I read Part 1, but it was Part 2. I couldn't figure out why you were repeating yourself so extensively :tongue: So today, Part 1 read after all...
Spoiler:
Simcest brought to the fore in living color :jawdrop: Whoa. And 20 lovers, not woohoos? Whoops! Can't decide if it helps that the greatgreatgreat(great?)uncles (pre Ideal Plantsim mod) all look the same...
Anyway, the shop looks great, the moon looks great and... :party2: on to building a big city!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1815

Post by Twilightoutside »

Update! ... :fart: - yeah, that one was kind of a downer this time... it was either that or brooding over it forever...

Thanks for your comments from last time! (2 AM Monday where I am right now... commenting your comments later... :sleepy: )
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1815

Post by Lorinsv »

Woo, another visit to Numa Key! Your lot choices and redecorations are gorgeous. The dome lot on the moon is really pretty too, with all the pink roses and green border fencing. Instant City is the best place around for lot and business ideas! It's so cool to see what can be done with mostly Maxis content :heart:

I'll take you up on the Wave Pool offer, adding it to my list for Mesa Vista :yes:

Congrats on the new and upcoming Business Districts too, great seeing such good progress on your population!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1860

Happy - belated - Holidays!

Another crappy Update!

Unfortunately, having fun to play doesn't equal having good materials for stories... :headache:

See you next year... :wave:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -1860

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay, update! It's always fun to achieve and discover new things in the game, and cool to always learn something new when reading your updates!
Spoiler:
I like the platonic/elder first-date angle, sounds like quite a feat, as well as the completed bug collection. Also, hooray for some regular babies! So far, so cute, Gidget! :toast:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2002

Update.... :fart:
Household B-4
Household C-1
Household C-2
Household C-3
... I'd like to blame my cold :fever: - but honestly, nothing interesting happened that actually justifies posting these ones :guilty:
-... yet I cling to the faint hope, that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... :swoon:
- Thank you everyone for bearing with me to that point... :hugs:

Edit: also updated A brief history of Instant City - enjoy! :yuck:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2002

Post by Lorinsv »

(Speed)read Households B-4 through C-3. Excellent job reaching 20K, I know you're looking forward to your Downtown, so congrats for getting that much closer!

I enjoyed visiting the existing businesses, they all look sooo good, and your hood looks like such a pretty city in spite of game limitations displaying the surrounding lots.

Love, love, love, go go go! :heartbeat:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2059

Update Household C-4

- okay, admittedly this one felt fulfilling to write, not because of the story, but because I feel accomplished from building the market lots... :awesome:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yeah, stop trying to ruin Twilight's memories! :nono:

Once again, great business lots! My favorites were the tanning salon with the gold "lotion" and the futuristic fans (hairdryers?) at the hair salon ( :plumbob2: they really look like hairdryers!) I love all the care you take in finding Maxis objects to fit with each business theme. The moon keeps looking awesomer and awesomer!

:toast:
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Just read everything, I forgot a lot admittedly though. But you're actually close to that magic 25k mark for a Downtown! I will keep checking back to see what comes next.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2318

Hello... been a while? :ghost:

Yeah, another felt-like-ages-chapter, that just wasn't worth writing...

(If you really want to know, for the past months, I was actually reuploading an old Sims 2 Challenge from a friend here, who subsequently joined boolprop again - since it ties into my Far away from Eden Apocalypse, I hope that this will the break the new hiatus I'm taking...I WILL finish it, I swear!)

Anyway, here's Household D-1 Part 1 and Part 2 !

Happy Simming!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2318

Post by Lorinsv »

I love mini golf, I wish there was one like yours too :)

Wow at the hollowed-out chunk of the coal mine.

The Santa museum reminded me of the Christmas one in Rothenberg - awesome memories!

I look forward to watching the real estate business develop.

Everything looks wonderful as always - the Bluewinter hood looks great!! Neat song, too.

Congrats also on the sweet jump in population!

PS: Forgot to mention the cool floating islands in Magictown!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2380

Hi - thanks for the reply, lorinsv60... you are really reading this??? Wow - have a :cookie: and :donut: and :smore: and :lemonade: ... okay, I better stop :yuck:

Another Update:
Household D-2 Part 1 and Part 2

Warning: contains: :jack:

Happy Simming!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2470

Okay, not sure if that counts as bumping, posting right after the last post, but here it goes:

Update Household D-3! :splat:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -DOWN

And once more, I bump my own thread... but hey, I've got a downtown! :sly:

Household D-4

Listening to Petula Clark for the rest of the evening now... :rotfl:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

All caught up! My Chrome still doesn't work with Authorstream, but thankfully Firefox does.

So many great businesses, looove the lovely luxury hotel at Bluewinter Range - so cool yet cozy!

Neat mushrooms too!
Spoiler:
Do you think the real estate business could be incorporated in my MV expansion with you-know-who?
CONGRATS on your Downtown, that must make you of all people extra happy! I really like your choice of vampires, too :hearts:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

:hug:
Spoiler:
Hi - thanks for the comment, the credit for the luxury hotel goes to Jawusa at mts.com - I just eviscerated it and made it a museum/wine cellar... :toast:

Of course the real estate can be incorporated. In fact, it is a nice idea, upping the SM with lots of lots and then you make money with them over and over, as long as you sell to townies and rebuy them. Word of advice: a bit more space for Sims buying deeds might be desirable. I had routing issues - perhaps the art gallery design might be a better solution for such a lot. Aside from that, You only need walls or tables to place the deed, and a computer and phone to rebuy them, that's all need for an agency to work.

The mushrooms - I haven't tested them yet completely, but you can pick them, store them in your inventory and then eat them, unfortunately they don't go into any meal... hopefully, they add such a possibility to the mix.

Yeah, the vampires were lucky results - in exchange Mr. Big and the Diva became Uglacy material, to give me at least a sense of variety instead of just another pretty town....
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2704

HOHOHO - Santa dropped my presents, while I published this... of course, this is NOT Xmas-specific, I didn't expect it to be published on this date...

Anyway, Update: Update
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2704

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update! Lots of good info, and the way you wrote employee Marlene was really funny and brilliant, if you ask me! Loved your Club V renovation! Your use of mirrors was brilliant too!
I'm playing a couple of employees in MV, but they're entry-level so far. Interesting seeing your tricks for running a PlantVamp-owned business.
Other little things: incorporating cabinet shuffling into the Prof A. Smitten Disc/Great-Granddaughter 16 plotline, and a new word, Plantpire! :D
Congrats on the nice population bump!
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”