Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy -Update 25/08/2017!

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy -Update 25/08/2017!

Post by Twilightoutside »

Hello! :splat:

... so where to start? Okay, a bit of backstory here... Millennia ago (aka March 2007!),after Pinstar had released its most prominent brainchild since the Legacy Challenge, the Apocalypse Challenge, I decided to hop on the bandwagon, stayed for a while there, had a lot of fun, built up this Apocalypse Challenge with a butt load of extra restrictions, ensuring that all my Sims will hate me eternally….

- … and then I fell into my trap of writing more and more and more and more…. subplots… until it grew to such immense proportions, that in the end, combined with a harsh dose of real life, it killed any interest into continuing the story any further… or at least it stopped me just one chapter short before I could have finally resolved the entire subplot….

... until now - on December 8th 2016, a simple question by Ani-Mei in my BaMC Challenge finally kicked through the writing block barrier, and I was able to finish this latest chapter after 6+ years (which therefore is probably the longest production process for a chapter ever) !

Now as for the question – will this apocalegacy continue after all?? Right now – not sure… I played a bit further after this, but stopped about the time Apartment Life came out…. and never touched Far away from Eden in the years after this…

- …Time will tell… –

In the meantime: I have converted all my old Exchange chapters into slideshows, uploaded it to my authorstream account and placed the links here, so if you‘re in for a hefty load of nostalgia……

Note: again, this challenge is old, and several remarks and notes for it date back to even older challenges pretty prominent in the old exchange days - I'm not sure, if anybody stills remembers them or if they were saved somewhere... - best source for many of them is of course here, mine included.

Note 2: The Rules for the apocalypse challenge applying so far were the ones originally released by Pinstar up to Bon Voyage - since he never updated them afterwards, I already played with Freetime and later a bit with apartment life, before eager Simmers finally decided to release their own update of the rules... as usual, if I ever continue, I'd apply them now too...

And now, without further ado:
Spoiler:
Far away from Eden 0: In memoriam Released: 03/14/2007

Far away from Eden ep. 1: up'n down in the town Released: 03/14/2007

Far away from Eden ep. 2: Red Riding Hut Released: 03/14/2007

Far away from Eden ep. 3.1.: Bites and Business Released: 03/30/2007

Far away from Eden ep. 3.2.: ... and babies Released: 04/16/2007

Far away from Eden ep. 4: Cut & Past(e) Released: 06/10/2007

Far away from Eden - Ep.5.1 : Deities & Demigods Released:07/14/2007

Far away from Eden Ep.5.2.: Business as usual? Released: 08/25/2007

Far away from Eden, ep.5.3.: Vamp Raider ! Released: 09/02/2007

Far away from Eden, Ep.6.1.: Horror Picture Show Released: 10/20/2007

Far away from Eden ep.6.2.: Let live and let die Released: 12/09/2007

Far away from Eden Ep. 6.3.: True Evil? Released: 01/13/2008

Far away from Eden ep. 7.1. : History repeats ? Released: 02/02/2008

Far away from Eden, Ep. 7.2.: Off Campus Released:03/07/2008

Far away from Eden, Ep. 7.3.: Mission: Subplot! Released: 04/19/2008

Far away from Eden, Ep.8.1.: Alterations Released: 05/17/2008

Far away from Eden, Ep. 8.2.: Showtime! Released: 06/21/2008

Far Away from Eden, Ep.8.3.: Change & Betrayal Released: 12/31/2008

Far away from Eden Ep.9.1.: RECAP! Released: 01/17/2009

Far away from Eden Ep.9.2.: Multiply & Conquer Released: 02/06/2009

Far away from Eden Ep.9.3.: Untold Stories Released: 08/30/2009

Far away from Eden presents:a Tribute to Mary Sue Released: 09/02/2009

Far away from Eden Ep. 9.3,666 : Truth or Dare! Released: 01/31/2010

Note: the last chapter was supposed to be a Crossvover with Phamser/Amalgams The Servo Chronicles Legacy - then the hiatus hit and the exchange went down; I had saved Phamser's chapters to prepare myself for the crossover though; With his permission, I have now uploaded them on my authorstream account, You can read them all here via his deviantart page! The Crossover starts with The Servo Chronicles: Infinities 14 chapter, but to get behind the story of the Servo Chronicles, you might need to read from the start - it's good!
Far away from Eden Episode 9.3,999a - Revelations Released:10/12/2016

Far away from Eden Episode 10.1. - Twikki Island Blues Released: 19/03/2017

NEW!: Far away from Eden Episode 10.2. - It's not easy being green Released: 25/08/2017

NEW!: The Far away from Eden Channel!
Last edited by Twilightoutside on September 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy - End of Hiatus

Post by Lorinsv »

:jawdrop:
:fbomb: YESSSSS! :celebration:

*can't stop grinning* It took me right back to the days when the Apocalypse Challenge was all the rage and many of our obsession! My head is still spinning, it's no wonder it took you six years to write! I could not have written something that deep (EPIC!) in a lifetime! I absolutely loved it, it was a totally satisfying way to put the brakes on a subplot careening out of control so you could move forward (hopefully!) with your Apocalegacy!
Spoiler:
Not sure why I was so moved every time Anais narrated Bethoria, except... STORYTELLING! Man, you nailed it!

Oh yeah, and... BLACK SHEEP! PORTRAITS! Party on, baby!

Can't...stop...using...exclamation points... Oh well, too bad... :party2:
You made my day (yesterday ;)). JUST WOW!
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I may have to reread everything again, just because. Also I sent you the email with my simself attached. She is also on the Simself List here, she's number 5 I believe if the file somehow doesn't make it. So I'm going to go read everything again for a refresher course. BRB
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

You are bringing back your apocalypse! AWESOME! It almost makes me want to bring back mine, but I was so bad at the rule breaking, lol. It's still there, like yours, but I'm not that brave yet.
I started reading from the beginning, and I still remember this legacy, mainly I remember the whole vampire thing taking over your townies. Good times.
Spoiler:
"Oh Red (despite the fact you're green) I never felt such a burning in my chest."
"Heart Cancer?"
Lol, I loved it, can't wait to read more and so glad to see you are finishing it. I now have some reading material that will take me back to all the nostalgia.
BlueBerryPie

Post by BlueBerryPie »

I never expected to find this when peeking at boolprop. And after flipping through the newest addition, I know I'm going to have to read every previous chapter. It's going to be one heck of a ride. :)
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

Ok,

So I finally finished all the chapters this week, I remembered a lot of your story, and it was one of my all time favorite apocalyptic legacy stories.
Spoiler:
I remember Don being the reluctant general, lol. You nailed him in your story, he really would just rather eat chili, drink, and be merry. I loved all your subplots although I can totally understand how they can get to be too much. I felt that way when I was writing the subplot for Donna's kidnapping because it took a lot of work. In your case, even more. The spectacular lair, the costumes,the army, amazing stuff. I like how you wrapped it up, that made sense the whole super hero ending. And of course it would be the only way to end someone with that much power. Maybe now you won't feel so overwhelmed and you can finish the story but if you want to do another subplot, there is easily one in Damien, or the fact that your founder's relationship with the devil never fully ended. So many twists and turns here, but it helped keep it interesting.
Btw, your simself never left my game. So he's back and in the Christmas Special I just posted if you are interested. It's good to see I am not the only one who came back to play the Sims 2. Great update!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

:hugs: Thanks for all the nice comments guys (yeah, and this is now 2 months since the last comment that I answered... :banghead: )

- Okay, current status - I have enough pics left from around 2010, that I could fill 3 more chapters, before I actually need to start playing again... I arranged the pics already, written 40 pics of the first chapter... still, the writers block wont just give up, and Instant City consumes time as well, as it comes without thinking about the story, I just write any crap that comes to mind... here I want to write something good... and just because it isn't good in the end, it takes the same time... :pan:

still, the next chapter will come, promise - and I guarantee, it will be before the end of this year decade century - it will be soon!

EDIT: Finally done :faint: - CHAPTER 10.1., Twikki Island Blues, Part of the End of Hiatus Storyline... well, storyline is probably a bit preposterous, I simply uploaded stuff 7 years old by now, maybe even older....

off to the next one... :banghead:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy -Update 19/03/2

Post by Lorinsv »

It's baaaack! :party2:
Spoiler:
So glad to see the Outsides out of exile and in Elsewhere, which is such a pretty little haven/hood. :happyheart:

Antoine was great, and Twikkii was lovely. You found just the right balance of humor and sentimentality (not too much, which he would have hated), and congrats on getting your first natural old-age death and related ghost for the legacy.

Lots of other wonderful things as well: Wolf-Bros!, the gaming references for Brian's lift (IMO, the annoyance of the Gamer restrictions cannot be overstated!), the cats and Zombies, Jumbok and Cecile's unusual-hair-girl swooning, and Bea is just charming. In summary, I love the whole Eden family unit (not to mention the Outsides!).

I got such a kick out of all the Instant (City) references, and the narrator's (your) descent into madness on slide 119. :rotfl:

Looking forward to Bethany returning from uni, and June too, right? Curious to see what he'll be lifting.
Soooo happy to see this being updated again, I LOVE your Apocalegacy! :hearts:
Image Image
ISTJ
Audrey
United States of America

Re: Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy -Update 19/03/2

Post by Audrey »

YAY!! I'm so excited that its back!!! I'll be off to reread your old chapters and catch up with the new ones! :celebration:
In Progress Challenges:
The Ugly Truth ISBI | Next up: A Strangetown Playthrough?
Sims 2 Simself (Family aspiration, 4/6/4/5/6)
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Far away from Eden - another Apocalegacy -Update 25/08/2

Update!

Yeah - that took longer then I thought - 5 months? Wow... - despite having all the slides already ready, they just needed text - not a real writers block this time, but instead more fun write senseless 200-slide chapter of a challenge with Sims without personality... wait, do these Sims have personality? ... I guess, in comparison...
Spoiler:
Production notes:
- This chapter - while calling this the 'alternate reality' - is of course , what originally happened in my gameplay...
- The text in the chapter is often a bit off to what you see in the pics...I took creative freedom to forward the story....
- okay, one more chapter, and I finally caught up with where I stopped 8 years ago... I hope, I will finally be able to continue to play... :steer:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

YAY! (It's always worth the wait!)
Spoiler:
Firstly, there are too many gems to take in on just one read, so MOAR L8R :yes:

Cecil is quite the dapper young man. I don't know if I ever realized that you chose the Well Dressed Sims handicap, how fun and divinely appropriate ( :haha: ) for an Apocalypse!

:misspeak: Me and my big mouth - I'm so busted! :D

Beth's Natural Science lift was a wonderful fit for the story. Love her Botanical Institute and seeing a newly-verdant neighborhood. And the wedding! No couple deserves it more, I'm so happy for Anais and Jerry! (And you!)

Hoagie is cute, I like him (bad teeth and all, lol) and (PEDO ALERT!) I'm alweady shipping him and Celia.

The menace and tragicness (fake word, but here I like it better than tragedy) with which you write Bethany is right on, for how can she avoid or escape who and what she is, AU or no, unscathed.

And that other (funny) wedding *cough*... dat karma, she is a bitch!

I could list more things I enjoyed, but suffice it to say I love it all!

:toast:
PS:
Spoiler:
GOGOGO I hopehopehope you finish it!
Image Image
ISTJ
Phamser

Post by Phamser »

Thanks let others know the lost crossover series been reuploaded. All is left is I try find away to salvage the save data from the unused desktop.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”