Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge Apr 28, 19

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Feb 2,

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks!
Spoiler:
Yeah, pretty typical. I was astounded at Joshua's luck with that wishing well.

No, he didn't break any rules. If you check the proclamation again, you'll see that mystics are those born to a mystic NPC or existing playable mystic. In fact, if mystics adopt or have illegitimate children, those children are mystics, too. High Witches are mystic NPCs, along with college professors, grand vampires and matchmakers. However, becoming an occult of any sort does not change a sim into a mystic. Anyone can be occult, although mystics are REQUIRED to become occult no later than one week after their adult birthdays.

Yes, I did double-check. Because all children of mystics become mystics, themselves, the founder can't marry a mystic NPC, because that would make all his children with that spouse mystics, too, and that would leave him without an heir. Spares, on the other hand, can marry mystics, thus joining the mystic family, themselves.

We won't have playable mystics for at least one generation, because of this. Not until we get a few spares to get with the mystic NPCs.

Now, one thing to consider: He turned all those shop assistants into witches and warlocks, but they are not HIGH witches, and were turned by him, so they don't count as Mystic NPCs. They're simply occult, and keep their original status, based on their NPC class.

Yeah, the rules for this class are complex and require much checking.
I've finished playing the interlude, and just need to finalize the post, and I'll get it up. WOOOT! It was fun.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Feb 3,

Post by MichelleCYoung »

BUMP! Updated with the Second Royal Proclamation!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Hahaha, wow, now that's punishment! Way to own your role as queen, Michelle! :thup: I loved, too, how King Clovis refers to his axes as "of thwackiness" amid all the poetry. Too funny!

The Hamlet is a great idea! That's really going to give your kingdom some unique flavor! :)

Also, got to love Neppie's determination to never have to take a bath again. Especially when he gets to the point of toying with the idea of starting an apocalypse to avoid it. I would say NO, that's probably out of the question. Not that you haven't mastered apocalypses already. ^^ Finally, it was fun how Neppie was so successful in his first round, his chapter practically read as a "how to succeed in your first week" guide. XD
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Keika!
Spoiler:
Clovis loves his axes. He's wanted them since his first week in the apocalypse, after all. How could I resist? I really am glad he won the challenge, and got to be king consort, because I LOVE having him as my simself's husband. He is really funny, too.

Yeah, when I got the idea, I knew I just HAD to do it, and it was so hard waiting to write and post it, until I finished with Neppie's round. I love having a modern monarchy, without worrying about everything being period, but then again, period has its charms, which is one reason the whole Build a Royal Kingdom became a thing, in the first place. So, my modern areas are mostly LACK recolors and blocky, and then I get the option for stately old homes, as it were. And I really enjoyed the execution scene. Killing sims is so much fun!

And Neptunium! Goodness, but he and Allyn surprised me. I mean, all the platinum and the money and stuff! Wow! Their house is boring, but compared to that trailer of his old family, it's a mansion. And he did really hate his baths when he was a kid. And yet... You can take the kid out of the trailer park, but taking the trailer park out of the kid?
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Epic. Poor Joshua getting killed and stuff.
He certainly wasn't expecting to get plopped into the thick of that to be sure. *giggles*
But hey he's the one that wanted to explore....

It's fitting though with the behind the no electronics back to nature jazz. Sure once he gets used to it he'll realize it's sort of like being back in Chudda.
And plus his house is snazzy looking....
Now you be a good little fella and sell fishies. Don't you go and break any extra rules. Otherwise I'll have to uh disown you? :haha:
Just the whole chapter was great.
Loved the axes...and honestly death by scissors? Best death for Joshie ever.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Going Medieval" huh? Glad they didn't stay dead though, Mystery might object to that. :D And I am oh so tempted to start yet ANOTHER RKC since they say third time's the charm right? Actually, I do have Maladoreias saved on my laptop's back up since I found them I'd have to move it over to this computer and do the same thing thing I did for my AU legacy, extract all my heirs and spares and make a whole new hood with the proper neighbourhood number. Know what? I will do just that.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

mysterymusic7
Spoiler:
Thanks! That really means a lot, coming from his creator. Poor guy, I didn't put in a single musical instrument, or a music box, or a magic harp, or ANYTHING. If he wants music, he's going to have to wait for someone else to set up a musical lot, there in The Hamlet. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! But, at least he gets to sew, and make medieval clothes for all his family. I knew he'd like that, at least.

When I was looking for the medieval CC, and I came across the axes, I just KNEW that Clovis had to get his long-held wish: To hit someone with one. And I saw those scissors, and the whole punishment just really came together at that point. And the best part is that they died, so their house is just the same as when they left it, weeds in the garden, and all. It's just waiting for some rich modern peasant to buy it, and move in, and be all ready to go. And just delete that ticket machine. Yeah.

Thanks for the "snazzy" compliment on the house. I'm rather proud of it. So much CC I don't dare upload it, but the boxy design is basic enough that anyone can copy it, just from the pictures. I tried to make it big enough to hold a full household comfortably, with all they'd need, and still fit in with my research on peasant life in a medieval village. Once it's built up a bit, I believe it will be pleasant enough. And after all, SOME people do rather enjoy the quaint life, at least in small doses, so yeah, someone, sooner or later, is going to put some community lots there. Whether they'll be what Joshua wants, however, is anybody's guess.
Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yeah, I couldn't kill them off for good. Not yet, at any rate. Once I have some heirs to carry on for a family, then deaths are more likely to be permanent. But then again, with this kind of warning, I don't think I'll have to issue any punishments any time, soon. People are checking the rules. I do, however, have some future possibilities planned. We'll see if they all cooperate.

Wow! I'd love to see Maladoreias again! That is gonna be awesome! YAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Thank goodness for back-ups, huh? Speaking of which, I need to get my flash drive back from my sister.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

That was a Fun twist and proclamation! Love the house you built, too. :wizard: :wizard:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! I had fun building it, and usually I don't really try to get too creative with the houses. But I got these cool books about life in medieval times and found a cool website, and just got hooked. Trying to make things workable for sims, while still being accurate is a challenge, and I do enjoy the challenges. It took several iterations to get the house built to my satisfaction. But then, I have some other lots ready to go, for when other sims need/want their own Hamlet homes. Good for spares, although they'll have to build up a bit of money, first, because the lots I built aren't starter homes at less than $20,000. I should build some spare lots, too. Maybe more "hovel" like. Or smaller sizes, since it's only the official founders and heirs that need to be on their official lot sizes. Spares can go for smaller homes, or even apartments.

Oooooh, apartments! I have an idea about that!

I know I need to get back to my other two challenges, but Youngdale is just totally sucking me in. I've been playing Beat Stone, and having fun, and I think I'm going to just commit to getting all my founders through their first week, before I go back to facing the children, Children, CHILDRENNNNN!!!!!! (What was I thinking? Oh, yeah. I wasn't.) Aaaaaah, that first week of a founder looking for a spouse, and maybe having a baby or two. It's just so restful.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Finally got all caught up. I've been meaning to for awhile. Everyone is doing very well, well almost everyone. At least you brought them back. I love the peasant house, it looks very authentic. Well as authentic as I know.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Pony!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I brought them back. Even at my most sim-murderous, I couldn't kill off one half of my player peasants! Not this early in the game, at least. It sure was fun to write, though! :haha:

I imagine there are going to be some very unhappy Fortune and/or Pleasure sims coming up. However, it will be fun doing the medieval thing (as long as *I* don't have to live there), and this is a fun way to be able to explore the medieval options.

I"ve been in the mood to play The Sims Medieval, but my computer crash knocked it right off the memory, and I lent out my disk months ago, and am waiting to get it back, so I can load it up again. In the meantime... Poor Joshua and Jasmine will have to stand in for me. Maybe I'll come up with some "quests" for them to do. Is there a giant lobster mod?
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Holy smokes, Queen Michelle doesn't mess around!
Spoiler:
That medieval lot you made for the Hunters is so cool! I love the research you put into it and the tour was so interesting - I learned a lot, so thank you! :applause:
I look forward with interest to future Hunter updates!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! Yeah, I had so much fun with that, that playing the other families is now feeling kind of chore-like, in my haste to get to the Hunters. LOL.

I got stuck in the middle of the Stone rotation, and had to take a break for a while, to tell the truth, but I'm getting back into it now.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Youngdale Build a Royal Queendom Challenge - Upd. Feb 23

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bump! Chapter 5 is up!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice start on the Merchant businesses though I would call Beat a fake Family sim, never once noticed his baby except for the tossing and the potty training. Anyway, I like the beach venue Arkadia doesn't have beaches, but once someone makes Business Tycoon my BD will be one with beach lot capabilities for sure. Now I have to go play...scuse me. *roadrunner dash* MEEP MEEP!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Awesome Merchant family. Beat's personality is so cute. I love how eager he is to please the Queen!
Lol~ Love the business of hanging out. Excellent. :lol:
They just built so much! :applause:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yeah, Beat is a weird family sim, although he did take great pleasure in teaching his son. Rolled all sorts of wants for that. But rolling a want to have Tony in the first place? Nope, that was all Lyndsay. LOL.
Rflong7
Spoiler:
Yeah, I'm glad to have some variety in places for my sims to visit, now. Building them up was interesting, and gave me a chance for some real experimentation, too.
Thanks for reading, y'all!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Aw, thanks for exacting revenge for Vis. That was sweet. Well, you know, as sweet as executing someone with a laser gun can get, but still. I see that Vis is in good hands. :)

Hey, I didn't know that you can build a game-recognized hotel outside of a vacation destination! That really never occurred to me. I was already weighing my options for building an inn for Clitheroe, so I might just have to do it that way!

Anyways, looks like Beat's in his element here! That was a pretty hysterical first set of slides, too, and a fantastic business concept was The Hangout. :lol: He and Lyndsay complement each other really well, especially with their goals, and it looks like they're making some great headway on the merchant lifestyle. Good for them!

I love how spacious that romantic restaurant is. Gives it a nice aura of class.

Great chapter, Michelle! Looks like you put a lot of work into this one, with all that time spent at community lots and on vacation and all. I'm really looking forward to the next one! :D
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Keika:
Spoiler:
Oh, I just had to after that. I mean, Vis cried! My goodness! He glared at the guy, and then walked away and cried. He has super-stealth nice points, I tells ya!

Yeah, I remember when I first got Bon Voyage, and seeing those hotels in the bin, and I thought, "Can I put this downtown, and actually have a base lot, where I can save and all, on my long stretches of downtown dating?" You CAN! And you can do the same with a campground, as well. I often put two campgrounds downtown, one as a basic community lot with tents, and one as an actual campground. I found that there are a few differences in game play, so depending on what I'm doing, I'll choose one over the other. The thing about hotels and campgrounds is that they save, so you leave a mess behind, and when you come back, it's still there. You need a very well-ordered and staffed hotel/campground to make it a place you want to go back to over and over, without spoiling the place. Whereas a community lot resets itself any time you leave. But I'll tell you what, if you have a glitchy computer that kicks you out, after you've spent a long time there on outing after outing after outing in between bouts of gardening at a community plot, the ability to save your progress without resetting the lot is wonderful. In fact, as long as there's one bed or tent there for you to check in, you could have a REAL community garden, where you visit it from time to time to tend your plants, and then leave. Of course, someone else might visit it between your own visits and steal all your produce. But that's the risk of a community garden. But for apartment dwellers or dormies, it's a good thing. Also, did you know that in Medieval times, city-dwellers often shared community allotments around the edges of the city? Farm gardens are important, even if you're in a townhouse. I so need to implement that at The Hamlet, now. Maybe I'll put a tent in the rafters of the outhouse, so sims can click on it to check in, but not actually sleep there. Ooooh! I'm getting more ideas!

Now, you can't actually OWN a downtown hotel. You can, however, charge ticket prices, and if you have the "sleep on community lots" mod, sims will pay you to sleep there. Or without the mod, they'll pay you to use the beds for relaxing and stuff. Or, tents, they'll sleep there, without a mod. Plain vanilla campgrounds can be great money-makers, especially if there are lots of snapdragons. I once had one, with the custom pricing, where they just hung out until they got tired, slept in the tents, then hung out until they got tired again, and paid me every hour. It. Was. AWESOME!

I still haven't figured out how to make it a functioning apartment complex with fully staffed restaurant. There's probably a mod for that, and I might look it up sometime, but with my loading time actually lasting the entire duration of a movie-musical plus special features, I tend to avoid any more CC or mods. I actually plan to do a bit of experimentation with that, when I get a Medieval merchant. I saw someone had designed a lot that had two medieval apartments on it, and a sort of club house, and they suggested having that as a shared business, and I'm not sure if that will work, or not, but I really do want to try it. I suppose whoever is actually in play would be the one to run the clubhouse that rotation. I'm really curious to try it out.

I'm actually surprised how much he was able to make that first day, with nothing there but him to entertain the other sims, and prices at $1. And he had to really work at the sales, but it DID actually pull in money, even when it was only the ticket stand. Of course now, it's just a fun place to visit and mood up while you meet new people and build relationships.

I like to send my sims to restaurants, but I hate actually running them. But that's how you build up a city, right? As soon as they made it to level 5, I took the perks and ran. But I do look forward to sending sims there on dates and outings. I'll probably have to bite the bullet again, eventually, and build another few options. At least this way, it gets thoroughly play-tested before my sims start trying to date there. I've had pre-built restaurants fail miserably when I first played a visit there. Plus, having an original owner is the only way to get some items there, such as snapdragons, or things that can only be bought at home and brought to the lot. Same thing with the inn - some of the things there could only be bought at home. I'm rather pleased with the layout, too. There's some romantic outdoor options, and lots of candlelight, as well as plenty of other outing-type stuff to do. That karaoke machine is really popular. It's almost always in use.

This one took a long time to write, because it took a long time to play, and I also had to take a bit of a break after the last business. It was only Tuesday, in game. LOL.
Thanks for reading!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

What no more? xD Just kidding. Finally got caught up!
Spoiler:
Love the work you put in this! Was totally shocked with the killing scene (really was wondering what on earth I was reading). But makes sense for easy switching. Just see so much love in this! Along with how much character behind each one.
Now off to the other challenges of yours! (Using stories as rewards to get through my chores and writing up my own stories!)
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”